Feliks Audio ENVY
Nov 1, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #4,666 of 7,084
I am thinking to get the WE also for Envy and Susvara, have the Full Music Tubes right now, is there a noticeable difference, I am not hunting after clearity prefer more warmth musical romantic music for long listening sessions, use the Envy also as a Preamp with Monoblocks for my Stereo setup and my speakers are already bright the KEF R7, warmth midrange forward would be very lovely for my setup.
Yes; for me the upgrade is the equivalent as from Full Music to Elrog ER but in a different direction. I think you will like them a lot.

Nov 1, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #4,667 of 7,084
These WE300Bs sound really nice. Very midrange forward. Still plenty of detail but it's quite a lovely warm tubey sound. Looking forward to them evolving after a few hundred hours. I will try them with some Brimars soon.

I do wish the logo pointed forward. As with the Elrogs they point right which upsets my OCD a little.

They also sent a t-shirt big enough for Andre The Giant. Not sure if I'm grateful or insulted :L3000:

20231031_193001-edit-20231031211506.jpg

20231031_130521.jpg
I recently broke one of my new WE300B’s. It went pop as it hit the transformer. ☹️☹️☹️

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #4,668 of 7,084
I recently broke one of my new WE300B’s. It went pop as it hit the transformer. ☹️☹️☹️
Oh no that's awful. I have seen a few singles on ebay...

Did you enjoy them before that happened though? 🥲

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #4,670 of 7,084
Yes I did! Just have my Elrog’s and Takatsuki’s now, but obviously I plan to replace the WE at some point in the future!
Yes - sorry to re-open the wound there! 😷

There are a few singles on eBay - all from Japan.

It might be an idea to talk to WE direct and ask whether they will replace the one with a matched tube. Of course it may not be covered in the warranty but I doubt they'd charge you full price for an accident. Blame it on a child or animal 😃

You have some wonderful 300B tubes in the mean time of course. I still plan to try and get hold of some TMs but if Thomas says "no more" I may get some ERs instead.

Nov 1, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #4,671 of 7,084
Didn't notice the blue glow on these WE300b originally.

There are pops as it warms up for left tube but the right is quite quiet. I have noted that the blue glow is mostly at the top of the right tube but also in the middle of the left tube.

After 5 minutes they are both silent.

I assume this Is all normal?

Seem fine and sound great.
20231101_175032.jpg

Attachments

• 20231101_175026.jpg
    20231101_175026.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #4,672 of 7,084
I have VC and to me the Envy is where it sounds its best and I have tried it on multiple amps. I don't like the VC on SS amps at all (including the Holo Bliss), its beryllium drivers are too quick and so it sounds too dry and fatiguing. Before the Envy I had the Euforia and I loved my VC there, the tubes tamed the quick VC drivers smoothing the transients in the right amount, making the listening sessions more relaxed, a complete bliss with acoustic music. But one thing I always missed on the VC was a deeper bass, the kind of bass you find on electronic music and soundtracks, so on the Euforia I preferred the VC for vocal/acoustic music (when deep bass is not required) and the Utopias, for everything else. I tried the Envy first on Munich HE on the ZMF booth and I was literally blown away when I tried it with the VCs. I could not believe I was listening to my VCs. No so long after that I took the risk and sold my Euforia and Bliss to get the Envy and I felt totally rewarded. The Envy transformed all my headphones on their hyper versions. On the VC (and in general) the bass department was the most beneficed, with a deeper and tighter bass. It felt you were listening to a bigger size "speakers" when compared the Euforia. Now I enjoy the VC with any music gender.

Recently I got the Elrogs, which are fabulous, as everyone has already described, but they also make the Envy to sound more like a SS amp and the VCs didn't like that much (not like the Caldera and Utopias that felt complete in love with the Elrogs). So for the VC I would still prefer using Full Music. I hope later when I get some WE300b or Takatsuki's, these do a better match with the VCs.

Agree on this. Elrog does sound awesome when paired with Caldera. Compared to Full Music, Elrog Mo provide better extension, layering,texture, detail, and even bigger soundstage image. Best part: On some chinese audiophile recording, actually Elrog Mo is smoother in upper mid section than Full Music.

i always feel Envy produce "bigger image" than most of other Amps I ever tried. Felt like every notes of instruments just become "bigger".
I am very interested in impressions between upper tier amplifiers for Susvara. I currently have the ENLEUM 23R but looking for a tube amp to compliment and perhaps open up the sound stage more. I am not interested using it off the taps of a power speaker amps. My potential choices below:

Riviera A1C

Woo 23

Woo 33 Elite

Primavera,

Egoista 845

Envy Performance/ElrogMo

Hifiman EF1000

All of those with EF1000 and Riviera love it and think they are better than Envy. I was impressed with a short listen while in Poland recently but so difficult to choose another amp without some comparisons on similar setups. The Transformatic takes too long to get. Personally, I like a one box solution with a more compact form factor and aesthetics really nice with Envy but ultimately looking for the largest sound stage possible with Susvara and best overall performance in terms of layering and pinpoint instrument/vocals positioning without sacrificing micro details and bright treble with a silent black background.

With the Envy tube substitution using Elrogs-MO, it seems that it may be as good if not better than EF1000 according to some. Although not sure as many also feel the sound stage is much more holographic with EF1000, Transformatic or Rivera. There do not appear to be any real world head-to-head performance comparisons between these amplifiers, especially with the upgraded tubes on the Envy with the same downstream electronics with Susvara. Have DAVE with Upscaler. What was your impression of these amplifiers in more detail. How did you settle on the Envy? Thanks so much for your help.

While Envy famous for its organic and natural sound, but actually Envy also a very capable amp in term of technicalities (layer, separation, micro detail and micro texture). I will put Envy above something like Cen Grand Silver Fox on this regard (micro detail and texture). Silver Fox is no slouch either as it does these things better than Enleum 23R. It's just not up to Envy level yet. This is just Envy with Full Music Tube, with Elrog Mo the differences will be more significant.

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #4,673 of 7,084
Didn't notice the blue glow on these WE300b originally.

There are pops as it warms up for left tube but the right is quite quiet. I have noted that the blue glow is mostly at the top of the right tube but also in the middle of the left tube.

After 5 minutes they are both silent.

I assume this Is all normal?

Seem fine and sound great.
20231101_175032.jpg
Definitely all normal 👍 …Congrats!

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #4,674 of 7,084
Definitely all normal 👍 …Congrats!
Thanks.

The left one (with the blue light also in the middle of the tube) pops very rapidly on warm up. The pops are in time with the blue light "flickering". After about 5-10 minutes it has settled down though.

I did speak to WE and they said if they sound fine then they just need burn in so don't worry.

They said I can RMA the tube if I am worried though so good customer service there.

I guess I need to just burn them in and I'm just a bit paranoid after my power supply failure 🙃

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #4,675 of 7,084
Thanks.

The left one (with the blue light also in the middle of the tube) pops very rapidly on warm up. The pops are in time with the blue light "flickering". After about 5-10 minutes it has settled down though.

I did speak to WE and they said if they sound fine then they just need burn in so don't worry.

They said I can RMA the tube if I am worried though so good customer service there.

I guess I need to just burn them in and I'm just a bit paranoid after my power supply failure 🙃
Different brand but same magic light, all fine!

Attachments

• IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 0
Nov 2, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #4,676 of 7,084
Nov 2, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #4,677 of 7,084
Nov 2, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #4,678 of 7,084
Nov 2, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #4,680 of 7,084
You a wild man.
It was actually a wild woman!!

But still my fault, I should’ve explained in more detail how to remove. But she has changed tubes for me in the past. I haven’t told her the cost, she would be upset.

Next time I have power tubes replaced though, a thick towel is going to be placed on the transformer. Hindsight is a great thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back