Feliks Audio ENVY
Oct 30, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #4,651 of 7,128
Just posted this on the VC thread, but that headphone scales like crazy on the Envy. I love the sound of it on this amp.
Hearing the Verite Open on the Envy is the reason I bought the Envy.

Oct 31, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #4,654 of 7,128
Just posted this on the VC thread, but that headphone scales like crazy on the Envy. I love the sound of it on this amp.

I’m curious to hear about Verite Closed and how it scales or has synergy with Envy because I’ve heard elsewhere it has great synergy with Envy.

Recent discussions here have led me to ponder the interplay between the concepts of scaling and synergy in the world of headphones and audio gear.

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #4,655 of 7,128
I'm also interested in the answer to this question.
I am very interested in impressions between upper tier amplifiers for Susvara. I currently have the ENLEUM 23R but looking for a tube amp to compliment and perhaps open up the sound stage more. I am not interested using it off the taps of a power speaker amps. My potential choices below:

Riviera A1C

Woo 23

Woo 33 Elite

Primavera,

Egoista 845

Envy Performance/ElrogMo

Hifiman EF1000

All of those with EF1000 and Riviera love it and think they are better than Envy. I was impressed with a short listen while in Poland recently but so difficult to choose another amp without some comparisons on similar setups. The Transformatic takes too long to get. Personally, I like a one box solution with a more compact form factor and aesthetics really nice with Envy but ultimately looking for the largest sound stage possible with Susvara and best overall performance in terms of layering and pinpoint instrument/vocals positioning without sacrificing micro details and bright treble with a silent black background.

With the Envy tube substitution using Elrogs-MO, it seems that it may be as good if not better than EF1000 according to some. Although not sure as many also feel the sound stage is much more holographic with EF1000, Transformatic or Rivera. There do not appear to be any real world head-to-head performance comparisons between these amplifiers, especially with the upgraded tubes on the Envy with the same downstream electronics with Susvara. Have DAVE with Upscaler. What was your impression of these amplifiers in more detail. How did you settle on the Envy? Thanks so much for your help.

Oct 31, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #4,656 of 7,128
I am very interested in impressions between upper tier amplifiers for Susvara. I currently have the ENLEUM 23R but looking for a tube amp to compliment and perhaps open up the sound stage more. I am not interested using it off the taps of a power speaker amps. My potential choices below:

Riviera A1C

Woo 23

Woo 33 Elite

Primavera,

Egoista 845

Envy Performance/ElrogMo

Hifiman EF1000

All of those with EF1000 and Riviera love it and think they are better than Envy. I was impressed with a short listen while in Poland recently but so difficult to choose another amp without some comparisons on similar setups. The Transformatic takes too long to get. Personally, I like a one box solution with a more compact form factor and aesthetics really nice with Envy but ultimately looking for the largest sound stage possible with Susvara and best overall performance in terms of layering and pinpoint instrument/vocals positioning without sacrificing micro details and bright treble with a silent black background.

With the Envy tube substitution using Elrogs-MO, it seems that it may be as good if not better than EF1000 according to some. Although not sure as many also feel the sound stage is much more holographic with EF1000, Transformatic or Rivera. There do not appear to be any real world head-to-head performance comparisons between these amplifiers, especially with the upgraded tubes on the Envy with the same downstream electronics with Susvara. Have DAVE with Upscaler. What was your impression of these amplifiers in more detail. How did you settle on the Envy? Thanks so much for your help.
@tunes I can address some of your concerns but only partially. For me when I've heard Envy I knew this was my end-game amp. Envy simply made me focus on music instead on looking for another, maybe better amp. However if you compare amps additional by how they look, their price tag you may not be happy with Envy - there are planty of other, a lot more pricer options. Coming back to sound signature: I believe there are more focused and sharp amps than Envy (still it is so much dependant on tubes you will have) but I love everything about Envy sound and I do not need anything more. If you are not convince after listening to Envy maybe it is not the right amp for you, since it's all so subjective. On a side note I know very few Envy owners who eventually switched to another amp (except those who are switching their gear constantly - I do not count those in).

While I don't have Dave since I dislike it but I have TT2 with M-Scaler I can tell you that Envy has a great synergy with Chord dacs. As a side note: I think Envy could be even better with some R2R dacs, but again this comes down to your taste.

So far I have found only single headphones (excluding easy do drive IEMs) that are not the best match for Envy but Susvara is amazing.

Oct 31, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #4,657 of 7,128
Hmmm, not sure if you would class these as bookshelves…but the Dynaudio Special 40’s are nice. Have mine on stands, easy to drive too.
What are you using to drive them? How's the sound signature? You have the susvara now?

Oct 31, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #4,658 of 7,128
What are you using to drive them? How's the sound signature? You have the susvara now?
Yes I have Susvara.

A picture paints a thousand words! Something just over 15 Watts per channel and using DAVE in pre amp. To my ears sounds better than my previous set up being Chord Etude driving PMC Twenty5 23 floor standers! Maybe not quite as loud, but not far off!

IMG_1326.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #4,659 of 7,128
I’m curious to hear about Verite Closed and how it scales or has synergy with Envy because I’ve heard elsewhere it has great synergy with Envy.

Recent discussions here have led me to ponder the interplay between the concepts of scaling and synergy in the world of headphones and audio gear.

I have VC and to me the Envy is where it sounds its best and I have tried it on multiple amps. I don't like the VC on SS amps at all (including the Holo Bliss), its beryllium drivers are too quick and so it sounds too dry and fatiguing. Before the Envy I had the Euforia and I loved my VC there, the tubes tamed the quick VC drivers smoothing the transients in the right amount, making the listening sessions more relaxed, a complete bliss with acoustic music. But one thing I always missed on the VC was a deeper bass, the kind of bass you find on electronic music and soundtracks, so on the Euforia I preferred the VC for vocal/acoustic music (when deep bass is not required) and the Utopias, for everything else. I tried the Envy first on Munich HE on the ZMF booth and I was literally blown away when I tried it with the VCs. I could not believe I was listening to my VCs. No so long after that I took the risk and sold my Euforia and Bliss to get the Envy and I felt totally rewarded. The Envy transformed all my headphones on their hyper versions. On the VC (and in general) the bass department was the most beneficed, with a deeper and tighter bass. It felt you were listening to a bigger size "speakers" when compared the Euforia. Now I enjoy the VC with any music gender.

Recently I got the Elrogs, which are fabulous, as everyone has already described, but they also make the Envy to sound more like a SS amp and the VCs didn't like that much (not like the Caldera and Utopias that felt complete in love with the Elrogs). So for the VC I would still prefer using Full Music. I hope later when I get some WE300b or Takatsuki's, these do a better match with the VCs.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #4,660 of 7,128
I have VC and to me the Envy is where it sounds its best and I have tried it on multiple amps. I don't like the VC on SS amps at all (including the Holo Bliss), its beryllium drivers are too quick and so it sounds too dry and fatiguing. Before the Envy I had the Euforia and I loved my VC there, the tubes tamed the quick VC drivers smoothing the transients in the right amount, making the listening sessions more relaxed, a complete bliss with acoustic music. But one thing I always missed on the VC was a deeper bass, the kind of bass you find on electronic music and soundtracks, so on the Euforia I preferred the VC for vocal/acoustic music (when deep bass is not required) and the Utopias, for everything else. I tried the Envy first on Munich HE on the ZMF booth and I was literally blown away when I tried it with the VCs. I could not believe I was listening to my VCs. No so long after that I took the risk and sold my Euforia and Bliss to get the Envy and I felt totally rewarded. The Envy transformed all my headphones on their hyper versions. On the VC (and in general) the bass department was the most beneficed, with a deeper and tighter bass. It felt you were listening to a bigger size "speakers" when compared the Euforia. Now I enjoy the VC with any music gender.

Recently I got the Elrogs, which are fabulous, as everyone has already described, but they also make the Envy to sound more like a SS amp and the VCs didn't like that much (not like the Caldera and Utopias that felt complete in love with the Elrogs). So for the VC I would still prefer using Full Music. I hope later when I get some WE300b or Takatsuki's, these do a better match with the VCs.
Owned the euforia too, regret selling it, otl was like magic with my focals. I expect to buy one again.

Attachments

• IMG_4884.jpeg
    IMG_4884.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Oct 31, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #4,661 of 7,128
Owned the euforia too, regret selling it, otl was like magic with my focals. I expect to buy one again.
Agree that the Focal cans sound great on the Euforia (I had the Clears too) but to me the Utopia also scaled up on the Envy, but they require warmer tubes. For my ears, Elrog+Melz are too bright for Utopias, but Elrog+TS BGRP (or RCA 6SN7GT smoked glass) make a better symbiosis.

Oct 31, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #4,662 of 7,128
Agree that the Focal cans sound great on the Euforia (I had the Clears too) but to me the Utopia also scaled up on the Envy, but they require warmer tubes. For my ears, Elrog+Melz are too bright for Utopias, but Elrog+TS BGRP (or RCA 6SN7GT smoked glass) make a better symbiosis.
Brimar CV1988’s go well with the Elrog’s too.

Oct 31, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #4,663 of 7,128
These WE300Bs sound really nice. Very midrange forward. Still plenty of detail but it's quite a lovely warm tubey sound. Looking forward to them evolving after a few hundred hours. I will try them with some Brimars soon.

I do wish the logo pointed forward. As with the Elrogs they point right which upsets my OCD a little.

They also sent a t-shirt big enough for Andre The Giant. Not sure if I'm grateful or insulted :L3000:

20231031_193001-edit-20231031211506.jpg

20231031_130521.jpg

Oct 31, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #4,664 of 7,128

I've been listening all day to the VC and Envy combo (with Qutest as DAC and auteur suede pads, probably all worth noting) as I work and I've been searching for descriptions of why I like so much what I'm hearing.

When I bought the VC, I bought it partially based on a lot of people talking about how organic and how good pianos and acoustic guitars sounded, probably some overlap with that "organic" sound they supposedly brought.

Once I got them, I didn't like them as much though. I used them on a solid state (Ferrum Oor) and to me, although those instruments (guitar + piano and other "real" instruments) sounded nice, there was a tonal thing that I wasn't liking as much from the Verite that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Things sounded a little stiff, a little metallic and lacking in resolution versus my other planar headphones (to be expected I guess).

The Woo WA-23 transformed them a bit, as did the headphones burning-in, but they still weren't my favorite.

On the Envy, as @BrainSalat said, there's a tighter, more impactful bass (sound like improved sub-bass to me, not mid-bass, which can get muddy quickly), which just sounds so freakin' good on this headphone. Also, I'm hearing even more of a woody resonance in the wood cups (in a great, spacious way) versus my Woo WA-23. The sense of space is bigger and it's like you're there. Pair all that with the organic sound of the headphone in general, and it's pretty incredible.

Nov 1, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #4,665 of 7,128
These WE300Bs sound really nice. Very midrange forward. Still plenty of detail but it's quite a lovely warm tubey sound. Looking forward to them evolving after a few hundred hours. I will try them with some Brimars soon.

I do wish the logo pointed forward. As with the Elrogs they point right which upsets my OCD a little.

They also sent a t-shirt big enough for Andre The Giant. Not sure if I'm grateful or insulted :L3000:

20231031_193001-edit-20231031211506.jpg

20231031_130521.jpg
I am thinking to get the WE also for Envy and Susvara, have the Full Music Tubes right now, is there a noticeable difference, I am not hunting after clearity prefer more warmth musical romantic music for long listening sessions, use the Envy also as a Preamp with Monoblocks for my Stereo setup and my speakers are already bright the KEF R7, warmth midrange forward would be very lovely for my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back