Feliks Audio ENVY
Oct 8, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #4,456 of 6,869
I owned the Enleum’s predecessor the Bakoon 13R, it is not in the same league as the Envy. Ive compared Enleum 23R also and didn’t feel it offered much over the Bakoon. Ive not compared the Primavera. As always try and get a listen for yourself.

After these comments below regarding the Sikver Fox amp, I wonder how it compares to the Envy??

“One of the best surprise is how big and spacious the Fox's soundstage. Easily beat Enleum, and Ferrum stacks (Ferrum being the narrowest). I think this is simply the biggest soundstage from solid state amp I ever heard. The imaging structure also "sharp and neat", combine with good density in notes, really create lively feeling from music”

Oct 8, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #4,457 of 6,869
What are the other driver tubes you are using f with the MO?
Linlai Global Elite 6SN7 (for me) or the Melz that you read a lot about here or the rare G73-R.
Or quad tube shenanigans with adapters.
Where is the best deal for the MO?
There is no "good deal", you order them through Elrog germany or a local dealer if one exists in your country and wait.
Wait time after ordering?
Depends. Could be 8-10 weeks.
Would you recommend I purchase the Envy performance without the Full Musics and preorder the MO?
Performance is not that big of an upgrade but you can, you will probably also have to wait for the Envy. It took 100+ days for both the Elrogs and Envy to arrive for me. The Full music tubes are very lush and romantic, the Elrog are a complete monster in details, soundstage, clarity, dynamics, they are just god tier.
You most likely don't need the other tubes anymore once you have Elrogs and good 6SN7 (variants).

Oct 8, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #4,458 of 6,869
Linlai Global Elite 6SN7 (for me) or the Melz that you read a lot about here or the rare G73-R.
Or quad tube shenanigans with adapters.

There is no "good deal", you order them through Elrog germany or a local dealer if one exists in your country and wait.

Depends. Could be 8-10 weeks.

Performance is not that big of an upgrade but you can, you will probably also have to wait for the Envy. It took 100+ days for both the Elrogs and Envy to arrive for me. The Full music tubes are very lush and romantic, the Elrog are a complete monster in details, soundstage, clarity, dynamics, they are just god tier.
You most likely don't need the other tubes anymore once you have Elrogs and good 6SN7
How are the driver tubes that come stock I the Envy Performance? Would there be a real noticeable difference with the Melz?

Oct 8, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #4,459 of 6,869
After these comments below regarding the Sikver Fox amp, I wonder how it compares to the Envy??

“One of the best surprise is how big and spacious the Fox's soundstage. Easily beat Enleum, and Ferrum stacks (Ferrum being the narrowest). I think this is simply the biggest soundstage from solid state amp I ever heard. The imaging structure also "sharp and neat", combine with good density in notes, really create lively feeling from music”
Ive heard the Silver Fox, had it for a few days, and it is truly amazing for the price, personally impossible to beat in solid state. However I run Envy, suppose that says it all. My opinion obviously.

Oct 8, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #4,460 of 6,869
I just got informed my Elrogs would have a big delay :disappointed_relieved:, so I was thinking to get first one of the next on my list, either WE or Takatsuki. Have anyone a recommend place to order from Europe?. On ebay I am only seen Takatsuki offers coming from Japan sellers which I don't know and I would need to count on import taxes.
They are available here in the UK from Definitive Audio. Give Kevin & Lynn a shout, they maybe able to help. It where I got mine, great people and Kevin is Living Voice so knows his stuff.

Oct 8, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #4,461 of 6,869
Ive heard the Silver Fox, had it for a few days, and it is truly amazing for the price, personally impossible to beat in solid state. However I run Envy, suppose that says it all. My opinion obviously.
Do you think with Susvara the Envy delivers a deeper more expansive sound stage compared to the Silver Fox? Did you have the Envy to A-B when you auditioned the Silver Fox? I have an ENLEUM 23R and always impressed how it opens up the sound stage with great positioning and layering of instruments and voice with Susvara and has such a black silent background. I am looking to see if a tube amp like Envy would really deliver a more open expansive stage??? Seems like Silver Fox does this over ENLEUM.

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #4,462 of 6,869
Soundstage with even stock performance tubes is excellent, and improves considerably with Elrog (any), WE300B, or AN4300E. Driver tubes can greatly improve soundstage as well. CV6 quads are a great place to start for this, and you can go wildly from there. As I’ve said before, the quad of dirt cheap ГУ50 tubes are among the very best, and will scale with your power tubes to levels that are hard to imagine from stock presentation. They require adapters and external power, which you can get from @Deyan

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #4,463 of 6,869
Do you think with Susvara the Envy delivers a deeper more expansive sound stage compared to the Silver Fox? Did you have the Envy to A-B when you auditioned the Silver Fox? I have an ENLEUM 23R and always impressed how it opens up the sound stage with great positioning and layering of instruments and voice with Susvara and has such a black silent background. I am looking to see if a tube amp like Envy would really deliver a more open expansive stage??? Seems like Silver Fox does this over ENLEUM.
Yep demo’d side by side. I had the 23R’s predecessor and the 23R is an improvement but not by much. To me the Silver Fox was quite a bit better, hugely powerful which was very apparent.

Against the Envy it’s hard to say, the Envy is a completely different beast and if you like what it does then no other amp will do. Ive yet to hear something I like more and the fact you can switch tubes to your heart’s content, well it’s so tuneable. To me the air and space around instruments is sublime but it is a different listen to the Silver Fox for sure.

Also I compared the two with stock tubes in the Envy and Envy with stock tubes is just the beginning my friend.

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #4,465 of 6,869
How are your impressions of combining Envy + Valkyria,
Envy and Pulsar are an excellent pairing, therefore I imagine the Valkyria being the same in that regard

Oct 9, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #4,467 of 6,869
So I bought this 5A/152M quad, relatively cheaply. They use my C3g/m adapters.

They are like C3g/m in that they are detailed and have black background. Unlike C3g/m, they have some warmth and much toobiness, in the good way, with excellent soundstage. This is probably enhanced by WE300b, of course. It just might be the perfect rock tube roll for Tungsten DS on Envy.

Oct 9, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #4,468 of 6,869
Anyone used the Envy as a pre to the CFA3 or another high powered Solid state amp?

Im considering getting one and wouldn't primarily using it primarily as pre, but it be neat to have both the functionality of both a pre/and a great 300b headphone amp

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #4,469 of 6,869
So I bought this 5A/152M quad, relatively cheaply. They use my C3g/m adapters.

They are like C3g/m in that they are detailed and have black background. Unlike C3g/m, they have some warmth and much toobiness, in the good way, with excellent soundstage. This is probably enhanced by WE300b, of course. It just might be the perfect rock tube roll for Tungsten DS on Envy.
Are these 5A /152M STC / ITT or Philips branded?
I wasn't aware the STC = Standard Telephones and Cable in the UK. Perhaps the 5A / 152M was a similar tube as Siemens developed in Germany for the early telephone industry.

Do you just need the C3G adapters w/o using your outboard power supply?

Over time, I have become more of a fan of a detailed and analytical sound vs a more classic warm 'tube' sound.
As much as I love the Siemens C3g, the downside is the boring black painted metal cans and no glow factor!
How is the glow of these tubes...... even with what appears to be smoked glass about 2/3 up from the base?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #4,470 of 6,869
Are these 5A /152M STC / ITT or Philips branded?
I wasn't aware the STC = Standard Telephones and Cable in the UK. Perhaps the 5A / 152M was a similar tube as Siemens developed in Germany for the early telephone industry.

Do you just need the C3G adapters w/o using your outboard power supply?

Over time, I have become more of a fan of a detailed and analytical sound vs a more classic warm 'tube' sound.
As much as I love the Siemens C3g, the downside is the boring black painted metal cans and no glow factor!
How is the glow of these tubes...... even with what appears to be smoked glass about 2/3 up from the base?
ITT branded. They just take 6.3V for heaters, so no external power required. I use it anyway, because it doesn’t hurt, and keeps the amp cooler.

I generally prefer detailed and clean sound as well, but these are great for going in the other direction without sacrificing the quality. I’ll have to compare them to the CV6 family.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back