Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 20, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #227 of 7,085
Get the new WE300B. They sound fantastic. Alternatively, the Linlai Elite is also good.
I echo that the new WE300B is sounding at least on par with the vintage 80s.

Mar 20, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #228 of 7,085
I see 2 options on the Feliks Audio site

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 12.00.57 AM.png

I am not sure what denotes 'premium copper wire' in the Standard Edition but surely it is at least OFC quality these days.

Yes, the Premium Edition uses UPOCC single crystal copper wire.

IMO I am paying for R & D, a great circuit and a really nice chassis and the wire is secondary.
I'll do my research and find a better pair of 300B than the EH Gold that come stock.
I'm surprised that silver wire is not an option since that is the preferred wire by companies such as Audio Note on their TOTL amps.

Mar 20, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #229 of 7,085
I don't think it will sound too cool, you can't do that with the price tag.
Might be a bit too much of a good thing with point to point wiring.
I see potential to change that though if you change the capacitors.
https://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog/-c-61_68_451.html

would be exchanged.

If you read the description you can guess where it goes:
The Jantzen Audio Superior Z-cap range of metallized polypropylene offer a reasonably priced upgrade for signal and cross-over applications. Specifically designed for audio, these gems provide a superb sonic performance, good detailing and soundstaging with a natural tone. They are made if polypropylene film metalized with aluminium and zinc particles.

I think this comes out cheaper in the end, without wanting to spoil the business.
But there are better ones that retain the basic tone and offer more punch.
But I don't want to judge too quickly, because I haven't heard it.
It could also be that it hits the tone very well and that everything is there that needs to be there.
But it's always good to keep something like that in mind.
It can really be cheaper to replace them than to hunt for tubes.

Mar 21, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #230 of 7,085
Looking for a headphone amp for Susvara that’s also a preamp to go into an AHB2 for speakers. Any thoughts on this versus the WA33, or other options? Sources are Holo May and a Icon Audio PS3 MK2 David Shaw edition. Thanks!

Mar 21, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #231 of 7,085
I can't say anything about the Woo, but it is pricey. On the other hand is somewhat more flexible as a preamp and it is fully balanced. The Feliks I haven't heard but I have heard many of their other models and they are very nicely built and are really good value for money. If you have a chance to hear them then I think that would be the best thing you could do.

Mar 21, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #234 of 7,085
I can't say anything about the Woo, but it is pricey. On the other hand is somewhat more flexible as a preamp and it is fully balanced. The Feliks I haven't heard but I have heard many of their other models and they are very nicely built and are really good value for money. If you have a chance to hear them then I think that would be the best thing you could do.
thanks but unfortunately I have no chance to try

Mar 23, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #235 of 7,085
Both options use copper wire.
I have a message in to Feliks asking for more detail regarding the 'premium' copper wire used in the Envy.
I have to believe that a good 300B would be $$$ better spent than a few feet of internal copper wire.
Envy Standard edition 'premium copper wire' is OFC with teflon insulation. I opted for the Standard version and will likely snag a pair of the WE300B.
My ETA is now closer to May and not a week or two.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #238 of 7,085
Mar 23, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #239 of 7,085
Thanks @moosemp
I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase after 2 positive reviews.

The 9.4 review score (yes, it is one reviewer's opinion) from Headphonics is the highest I have ever seen on their amp reviews. The only other 9.4 score was dCS Bartok.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #240 of 7,085
@nwavesailor you are most welcome.
there is english translation on Feliks Audio fb page.
I ordered ENVY without a hint of doubt it will be TOTL amp. I am happy owner of Euforia 20 anniversary and I can say it plays in a league of AYON HA 3, although in completely different manner. Both are class of their own. Perfect with Empyrean or ZMF Verite. Envy is supposed to partner with Abyss 1266, I am curious how it will perform together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back