Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Apr 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #9,902 of 13,846
  I have also finally gotten all of my tubes off of my desk. 

50 tubes in the cabinet as well as 4 tubes in the Elise. What a journey. 

You do realize don't you that you are generating tube-envy 
confused_face_2.gif

dt880smile.png

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #9,903 of 13,846

Just as in Elise herself, no?
L3000.gif
...look forward to seeing how it looks alongside your own - that hopefully has a safe and speedy journey into your clutches, lol...
biggrin.gif

Hmmm. Maybe I could use waiting for the stands as a good excuse to delay putting my HD800S up for sale. I'm sure it would sell much faster displayed on that stand 
atsmile.gif

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #9,904 of 13,846
  I have made friends with so many people of double my age, and all of them are so young at heart. I wish I could get to that age with that kind of enthusiasm, spirit and love for the music. You rock guys!!! 

Thanks LR. We Old Geezers can use all the encouragement we can get 
dt880smile.png

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #9,906 of 13,846

All the "1s" and "0s" in the universe (the audio equivalent of connect-the-dots) will never touch vinyl. The Sultans are going totally wild here in Scottsdale tonight )))

For sure, pct....but when it comes to "Deathly Black Background", "1s" and "0s" have it methinks (at prices that aren't stratospheric, lol!
eek.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
).
  Warmed up Elise for like 5 hours before listening, what is your usual warming up time? I slept actually and my wife told me that my bulbs are on LOL

5 hours, LR?...YIKES! - mine sounds fabulous after 5 MINUTES LOL!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ps. Still over the moon with the Geek Pulse?...another possible contender DAC for the future (although the PS Audio fare also looks good!)...

Hmmm. Maybe I could use waiting for the stands as a good excuse to delay putting my HD800S up for sale. I'm sure it would sell much faster displayed on that stand 
atsmile.gif

You could just be right there, mon ami!...but remember, the longer you hold onto them the more difficult it may become to part with 'em, lol!
redface.gif
wink_face.gif

Apr 30, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #9,907 of 13,846
You forgot one winner combo for the stock HD650 Untilthen :) : the FDD20 with any good power tube. These need 12V adapters, assembled mine yesterday. Boy o boy o boy - do these tubes sing with stock HD650. It has the brighter tone you mentioned, desirabble to liven up the warm HD650. But I feel there is more. This combi leaves the strong bass of the HD650 intact, but remodels it in a tighter, faster form. The bass is just insane
basshead.gif
. I'm gobsmacked .... Didn't even try the supposedly better powers with it yet - I took the relatively cheap stock Russian 6N13S for fear that the adapter stuff would not be ok, but there are no problems whatsoever. Some light hum in the right channel but barely noticable. And that is with an adapter without grounding (Elise is in a grounded socket).

I'm getting more and more impressed with this Elise.
gs1000.gif

Apr 30, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #9,909 of 13,846
  You forgot one winner combo for the stock HD650 Untilthen :) : the FDD20 with any good power tube. These need 12V adapters, assembled mine yesterday. Boy o boy o boy - do these tubes sing with stock HD650. It has the brighter tone you mentioned, desirabble to liven up the warm HD650. But I feel there is more. This combi leaves the strong bass of the HD650 intact, but remodels it in a tighter, faster form. The bass is just insane
basshead.gif
. I'm gobsmacked .... Didn't even try the supposedly better powers with it yet - I took the relatively cheap stock Russian 6N13S for fear that the adapter stuff would not be ok, but there are no problems whatsoever. Some light hum in the right channel but barely noticable. And that is with an adapter without grounding (Elise is in a grounded socket).

gs1000.gif

If you like FDD20, ECC31 or KenRad VT231 with nice power tube sound also good with HD650. You can Even use a Single 6BL7 or EL3N as power tube :wink:
And yes even after six month of listening Elise, I'm also very impressed.
I got a new DAC (X20) and Elise is wonderful,  with some old 6N8S as driver and Mullard 6080WA and T1.
I was far from home with portable devices for a week and i rediscovered how enchantress she is !
I did listened  "Live at Rosy's / Sarah Vaughan" a very nice release from old Tape to 2XHD.. Elise and EL3N as driver with GEC 6080 is Divine with the Divine !

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #9,911 of 13,846
LOL I slept :joy:

Geek is has everything or maybe more than that of PS Audio is offering on their best DAC they produced in 23 years. DAC's are coming like graphic card for gaming computers, you simply cannot keep yourself up to date :sweat_smile:

I just bought a 5 TB drive, next might be a music server with everything.

Music hobby is going out of my hands. I got to stop ✋ lol

5 hours, LR?...YIKES! - mine sounds fabulous after 5 MINUTES LOL!! :D :D ...

ps. Still over the moon with the Geek Pulse?...another possible contender DAC for the future (although the PS Audio fare also looks good!)...

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #9,912 of 13,846
Now playing :D

Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Masterpieces by Ellington - Analogue Productions - CAPJ 4418 SA (2014)

Who says 0's and 1's cannot replace a Vinyl record? The twin turbo DAC is fed with SACD ISO, mono 2 channel DSD64. 

1.  Mood Indigo
2.  Sophisticated Lady
3.  The Tattooed Bride
4.  Solitude
5.  Vagabonds
6.  Smada
7.  Rock Skippin' at the Blue Note

This SACD has the long-hidden full tracks. Not constrained by vinyl limits as when 1st released, these tunes are like being in a nightclub with the band.

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #9,913 of 13,846
basshead.gif

gs1000.gif

True I've forgotten about the FDD20 because they sit in the bottom drawer. They were my fav drivers until H1 brought the EL3N to us.

Many of these drivers can sound good with any power tubes. I'm on EL3N with Svetlana 6H13C (stock power tubes) now which is what aqsw is using besides his 6080. This combo is cheap and enjoyable. If you learn to appreciate even the cheap tubes, you'll find Elise delivers glorious music with any tubes. Even the Fotons 6H8C. They are just intriguingly different and sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back