Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Apr 30, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #9,932 of 13,846
One of my all time favorites, thanks kiddo!

Apr 30, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #9,933 of 13,846
  That was my altered ego. This is the real me.

I've got a fetish for keeping things properly laid out. See this photo shoot? 
biggrin.gif

This seems more like you UT. Are those all of your tubes? I count 53. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #9,934 of 13,846
For those that were not lucky enough to have lived this, here's one for you.....

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #9,935 of 13,846
  This seems more like you UT. Are those all of your tubes? I count 53. 

No this was taken in 19th Oct 2015. I've a lot more tubes since. Need to do a new photo again. FDD20, 6N7Gs, EL3Ns and quite a few more not in there. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oh last photo was taken before I got Elise.

May 1, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #9,938 of 13,846
  For those that were not lucky enough to have lived this, here's one for you.....

I especially loved the Sylvania Blue Dot Flashbulbs, "We Have Sold Over 50 Million", Vitalis and S&H Green Stamps (used to help my mother put books and books of those together). But the best of all was the View Master))) I wouldn't have missed those days for anything.

May 1, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #9,939 of 13,846
HI CF,

Watched the video of the the fastest organ player.

Have you ever heard of Ethan Uslan? Neither have I. Here is a version of the Blue Danube Waltz played by him. I think I counted nine different jazz piano styles in this recording (sorry - the sound quality isn't the greatest, but this guy can play!):

May 1, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #9,940 of 13,846
  You forgot one winner combo for the stock HD650 Untilthen :) : the FDD20 with any good power tube. These need 12V adapters, assembled mine yesterday. Boy o boy o boy - do these tubes sing with stock HD650. It has the brighter tone you mentioned, desirabble to liven up the warm HD650. But I feel there is more. This combi leaves the strong bass of the HD650 intact, but remodels it in a tighter, faster form. The bass is just insane
basshead.gif
. I'm gobsmacked .... Didn't even try the supposedly better powers with it yet - I took the relatively cheap stock Russian 6N13S for fear that the adapter stuff would not be ok, but there are no problems whatsoever. Some light hum in the right channel but barely noticable. And that is with an adapter without grounding (Elise is in a grounded socket).

I'm getting more and more impressed with this Elise.
gs1000.gif

I'm revisiting the 'Forgotten One' now. 
etysmile.gif
 This is the moment you take a minute of silence and soak it all in. This is the moment you need to find your chair and sit down. Philips Miniwatt FDD20 and Tung Sol 5998 is the finest caviar. Everything as you said and totally humphrey. 

I need to post the pic again.

May 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #9,945 of 13,846
  You forgot one winner combo for the stock HD650 Untilthen :) : the FDD20 with any good power tube. These need 12V adapters, assembled mine yesterday. Boy o boy o boy - do these tubes sing with stock HD650. It has the brighter tone you mentioned, desirabble to liven up the warm HD650. But I feel there is more. This combi leaves the strong bass of the HD650 intact, but remodels it in a tighter, faster form. The bass is just insane
basshead.gif
. I'm gobsmacked .... Didn't even try the supposedly better powers with it yet - I took the relatively cheap stock Russian 6N13S for fear that the adapter stuff would not be ok, but there are no problems whatsoever. Some light hum in the right channel but barely noticable. And that is with an adapter without grounding (Elise is in a grounded socket).

I'm getting more and more impressed with this Elise.
gs1000.gif

Yo A123...FDD20 = one awesome tube!
biggrin.gif
...and that slight hum would disappear into the darkness, with the 12V supply grounded also, lol! (But if you're really lucky, it might just be "early" hum that goes with use...fingers crossed...).

ps. UT and yourself have struck a nerve LOL!
wink_face.gif
...as per below...

You have no idea of how many memories this brings back!!! I won't go into details 
redface.gif

By the way, I just experienced an epiphany. I've figured out another way to describe the difference I hear between the T1 and HD800S. The T1 sounds much more vinyl and the S much more digital.

Edit:  Well, maybe I shouldn't say "much" ))

Agree with you 100%, pct....that is certainly what also attracted me most to the EL3N in fact - thru the T1s, anyway!...more so than the C3g or FDD20 even...

I'm revisiting the 'Forgotten One' now. 
etysmile.gif
 This is the moment you take a minute of silence and soak it all in. This is the moment you need to find your chair and sit down. Philips Miniwatt FDD20 and Tung Sol 5998 is the finest caviar. Everything as you said and totally humphrey. 

I need to post the pic again.

Hey UT...you and Audict123 have got me on a guilt trip now - for deserting my C3gS and FDD20 proteges...how could I?!!..
redface.gif
...it's all your fault for spotting that red-skirted temptress, lol!!
angry_face.gif

tongue.gif
...life has never been the same since! 
L3000.gif
...(at least they're still a wonderful choice for systems that benefit from their own tempting qualities...
biggrin.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back