Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Apr 30, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #9,916 of 13,846

^ this is how you keep your tubes. 

Not this v

UT you just made my day - no at least my week. I have pictured your tubes carefully segregated in their own respective temperature and humidity controled compartments specially coded to a master spreadsheet. Your drawer looks like mine !!!!

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #9,918 of 13,846
That was my altered ego. This is the real me.

I've got a fetish for keeping things properly laid out. See this photo shoot? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #9,921 of 13,846
One of the first boxed sets of 45s I ever owned was a Harry Belafonte album and one of the first LPs I ever owned was also a Belafonte album. His calypso music helped instill in me a lifelong love of beautiful music. Listening to a video like this reminds me of how quickly that life has flown past. It also reminds me of how blessed I have been to have been introduced to music such as Belafonte's at an early age which has not only almost daily stirred my passion for music, but has also stirred so many other passions that have given me a life full of beauty, color and meaning.

One reason I like this thread so much is that it is packed with so much passion.

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #9,923 of 13,846
  @pctazhp it reminds you to return to vinyl. 
biggrin.gif

Do you still have any 45s or 33s to send down under? 
etysmile.gif

Oh I wish!!! Having now seen how well you take care of your tubes, my RCA Shaded Dogs and Mercury Living Precense's would have found a suitable home with you ))))

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #9,925 of 13,846
  It's the thought that counts P. So you'll get a song. Sorry @supersonic395 this isn't Led Zep but it's better. 

You have no idea of how many memories this brings back!!! I won't go into details 
redface.gif

By the way, I just experienced an epiphany. I've figured out another way to describe the difference I hear between the T1 and HD800S. The T1 sounds much more vinyl and the S much more digital.

Edit:  Well, maybe I shouldn't say "much" ))

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #9,926 of 13,846
I think I still have a couple of Lincoln Mayorga direct cut Sculli lathes disks.  Was going to take them to resale place but maybe these two I should keep. 
“Lincoln Mayorga and Distinguished Colleagues," recorded direct-to-disc for the Sheffield Lab label in 1968, was inducted into the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry this summer. http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2015/15-041.html

http://www.sheffieldlab.com/

The direct cut disks were and are amazing, first time I heard them could not believe it. Jelly Roll Blues, and the rest just jumped off the disk!

This is a link to one of the albums even on utube it sounds good 

and the other one....  this is off their demo cd

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #9,928 of 13,846
Always love the music recommend on this thread
beerchug.gif

Don't wow me @DavidA you've got more headphones than I have tubes. Go on, show us a groupie photo. 

I'll post a group photo when I get back some of the headphones that my son as borrowed, if you want to see the last group shot, it in the photos in my profile taken back in early 2015 I think, a few have been given away (HD-598, SHP-9500, Momentum on-ear, HE-560, and Vmoda XS) and a few added (HD-600, SR-009, T1, second HE-560) since then.

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #9,930 of 13,846
  I think I still have a couple of Lincoln Mayorga direct cut Sculli lathes disks.  Was going to take them to resale place but maybe these two I should keep. 
“Lincoln Mayorga and Distinguished Colleagues," recorded direct-to-disc for the Sheffield Lab label in 1968, was inducted into the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry this summer. http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2015/15-041.html

http://www.sheffieldlab.com/

The direct cut disks were and are amazing, first time I heard them could not believe it. Jelly Roll Blues, and the rest just jumped off the disk!

This is a link to one of the albums even on utube it sounds good  

and the other one....  this is off their demo cd

Wow!!! I'd forgotten all about Sheffield Lab. Very cool )))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back