Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Oct 26, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #796 of 13,846
  Elise is here. Number #22    Catch 22 
bigsmile_face.gif

Certificate of authenticity and sign by Henryk Feliks the master designer himself. Alright back later for the scream.

That is so awesome man!
beerchug.gif

I'm super excited to get my Elise too.  I have a bit more waiting to do.  I'm sure it will be well worth it. 
L3000.gif

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #797 of 13,846
Elise initial impressions

Jerick you have no idea. I'm speechless now. I'm running with a pair of Lorenz C3gs and Tung Sol 5998. Elise has more slam and bass weight than my DV336se with these tubes !!!

If I ever doubted that she wouldn't sound like a tube amp, I'm ever so wrong. With my favourite tracks now playing, Elise is everything that I wanted in a tube amp and didn't know about until now. Forget that I rave about the DV in the past. Elise is wayyyyyyyyyy better. How much I can't put a figure but it's so muuuuuuuuuuucccch. This is the 1st time I've heard the C3gs and OMG .....buy these tubes RIGHT NOW. Maybe it's a combination of Elise and C3gs and 5998.

I need to gather my thoughts. Sorry I'm lost in music right now.....

HE560 the planar magnetic has never sounded so good. Elise is driving this headphone with EASE. HE560 is 35ohms and 90db low efficiency....not a problem with Elise.

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #798 of 13,846
  Ok I've never heard Melz. Nep has the Melz and for some reasons he has forgotten about it and bought 2 pairs of ECC31. That is very telling.
biggrin.gif

My best 6SN7s are probably the Sylvania Gold 6SN7WGT and also the 7N7 Raytheon. 7N7 are Sylvania made...the early Sylvanias and they sound sweet.

However none of these are close to the ECC31 according to my ears.

ECC31 ...my impressions. You get a wall of sound coming at you and you feel closer to the music. Some says vocals are a bit recessed which I cannot understand why. I think that the mid range and vocals are where it shines. However that's not fair to the sub bass it produce. It has subterranean reach and impact. I don't like sharp trebles but I find the ECC31 high notes smooth and musical.

Also on my HE560, I prefer ECC31/5998. I think Nep does as well with his HD800. It provides the lift in bass and across the FR spectrum. The HE560 now has the oomph.

I believe the Melz are good otherwise Feliks Audio wouldn't be offering them as upgrade options. I would like to try a pair at some point.

Umhhh... You are good to push Felik's fans into tube and adapter's rolling LOL
Is this item the right one to buy?:
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/1pc-Gold-plated-ECC31-6N7G-TO-6SN7-CV181-B65-ECC33-ECC32-tube-converter-adapter-/191259510368?hash=item2c87f48660:g:3-UAAOSwMmBVvXRv

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #799 of 13,846
Hi Mikelap,

Many thanks for finding this information. The flip side is that the price just went up LOL!

Here are pictures of the Mazda tubes from the same seller on eBay. At the moment he is offering a quad for $300 incl shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-TUBE-MAZDA-6N7-ENGLAND-ARMY-NAVY-STTA-EAGLE-PAIR-IDENTICAL-LOGO-MILITARY-NOS-/262107316033?hash=item3d06d03f41:g:JeUAAOSw14xWLJFG

The second tube from the left shows the date III 8.

Very exciting to have a MOV tube (MO = Marconi-Osram [Valve]) which puts it into GEC

territory.

Maybe it is safe to say now that this tube is on the level of the ECC31 - at least it has the pedigree!

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #800 of 13,846
I found the weakest spot in the Elise as delivered, was the Russian powers.

If you don't want to use adapters for drivers but want superb, top notch sound, then my suggestion would be 5998's (I know they are pricey, but they are really great tubes) and a pair of 60's or 50's Sylvania 6SN7 chrome domes.

You'll be very pleased with that combo, I would think.

I own JAN Sylvanias 6SN7 WGTA and the Melz are a bit more dynamical and more powerful in the sub-bass range, so I prefer the later with my setup.

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #801 of 13,846
Hi UT,

Congratulations to the #22! Just remember that you need some sleep to function lol!

My Elise is #9 but no certificate or serial #.

Yesterday i heard a vocalist on my system - it was so real that I turned around to see who was there!

Enjoy!

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #802 of 13,846
Thanks Mordy I'm so happy now I need to hug somebody, anybody. Who needs sleep now.

One caution:- When I first started it up I have sound only on my left HP speaker. I was WORRIED. It turn out I didn't push the RCA cable fully in. Take note.
biggrin.gif

Not the faintest hum. Dead silent on max volume with no music.
beerchug.gif

This is the side of Elise you haven't seen. The underside. 
bigsmile_face.gif

No more underside photos with due respect to the good folks who created this marvel.

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #803 of 13,846
Hi Mikelap,

Many thanks for finding this information. The flip side is that the price just went up LOL!

Here are pictures of the Mazda tubes from the same seller on eBay. At the moment he is offering a quad for $300 incl shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-TUBE-MAZDA-6N7-ENGLAND-ARMY-NAVY-STTA-EAGLE-PAIR-IDENTICAL-LOGO-MILITARY-NOS-/262107316033?hash=item3d06d03f41:g:JeUAAOSw14xWLJFG

Very exciting to have a MOV tube (MO = Marconi-Osram [Valve]) which puts it into GEC

territory.

Maybe it is safe to say now that this tube is on the level of the ECC31 - at least it has the pedigree!

Actually mordy price did not go up its the same price i paid unless yours were cheaper 

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #804 of 13,846

Hi Mikelap,

territory.

Actually mordy price did not go up its the same price i paid unless yours were cheaper 

Oops to much tube rolling im confused i was thinking of the NR73 /1285 tubes WOW what an increase

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #806 of 13,846
$75.00 for a quad damm lucky 

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #808 of 13,846
Ordered a couple pairs of RCA 6N7G will see how they compare to the others 

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #809 of 13,846
Hi Mikelap,

Yes, I know the symptoms of excessive tube rolling, such as lack of sleep and forgetting to use the right adapters lol......

What's left in identifying the Mazda tubes is the date (III 8) and country of origin. Marconi Osram, manufactured for the French Air Force March 1948 at the Shaw factory in Lancashire, UK?

(Took the clues from Sherlock Holmes - elementary, eh?)

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #810 of 13,846
Hi Mikelap,

Yes, I know the symptoms of excessive tube rolling, such as lack of sleep and forgetting to use the right adapters lol......

What's left in identifying the Mazda tubes is the date (III 8) and country of origin. Marconi Osram, manufactured for the French Air Force March 1948 at the Shaw factory in Lancashire, UK?

(Took the clues from Sherlock Holmes - elementary, eh?)

I also asked  Brent Jesse about the date he should get back to me on that .Like that show but Jeremy Brett is the best Sherlock Holmes loved the series 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back