Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Dec 2, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #3,421 of 13,856
See one 841 tube pictured on his site is branded: "MazdaRadio"

tongue.gif

Yea, I want a pair of those. They're really pretty. I can only imagine how wonderful the sound must be. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #3,424 of 13,856
See one 841 tube pictured on his site is branded: "MazdaRadio"

tongue.gif

JV, the 841 is a triode, meaning we'd need 4 of them. Furthermore, it requires 7.5V heating, and it draws 1.2A pr tube. This would be a crazy DIY project. I'm salivating over here. 

Now I want to make my own amp. Why must you do this to me JV? I'm going further and further down the rabbit hole. I must thank you though, I'm sitting here with a smile on my face, dreaming of making my own amp. 

Don't think I could ever beat the Elise though. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #3,427 of 13,856
JV, the 841 is a triode, meaning we'd need 4 of them. Furthermore, it requires 7.5V heating, and it draws 1.2A pr tube. This would be a crazy DIY project. I'm salivating over here. 

Now I want to make my own amp. Why must you do this to me JV? I'm going further and further down the rabbit hole. I must thank you though, I'm sitting here with a smile on my face, dreaming of making my own amp. 

You know what...after that computer you made....not a problem!!! I hope you do it, Suuup! I'll send ya $20.00 in support of the effort if you decide to really do it!!

:p

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #3,429 of 13,856
Omg the left channel cut off again .....no light

This is bad...may have a faulty tube. Any explanation on why this would happen? I'm into my 10th songs.

WHY DID I BUY 73 YEARS OLD TUBES !!!!!!!

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #3,432 of 13,856
Connections fine...I swap sides and the same problem tube didn't light up while the other light up. Replace with another RVC and it works fine. More sandpaper maybe.

Hmmmm...yes, rough up that outer edge...but it is not sounding positive. If it changes sides...

But do try polishing up those paddles...

I had one of my original RVC's go dead, after I dropped it a short distance :frowning2:

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #3,433 of 13,856
Hmmmm...yes, rough up that outer edge...but it is not sounding positive. If it changes sides...

But do try polishing up those paddles...

I had one of my original RVC's go dead, after I dropped it a short distance :frowning2:

Nope didn't drop mine. Handle with extreme care. After more sanding still the same. Replace with one of my RVC and it light up nicely, so clearly it's not the connection. I'll be contacting Mr. Da Vinci and hope he has replacement for me.

If not then I've half a super tube combo hahahaha ....mix and match for the win !!!

Maybe one Philips Miniwatt and one RVC might be greater magic. Listening to that now.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #3,434 of 13,856
Nope didn't drop mine. Handle with extreme care. After more sanding still the same. Replace with one of my RVC and it light up nicely, so clearly it's not the connection. I'll be contacting Mr. Da Vinci and hope he has replacement for me.

Hope he has another with the same date/codes on the Tax stamp!

The tubes are ONLY 73 years old...after all :)

:p

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #3,435 of 13,856
Wire material. Copper? Silver? Is 925 sterling silver okay? How about the jacket? Cloth? PVC? Heat shrink tubing? Hmm. Stranded? Or should it be solid? What's better. I have to know what solder to use. Unleaded? Nah, too hard to make good joints. 60/40? 63/37? Have to get a good soldering iron too. I wonder what the differences are between those. 20 W enough? No way. 50W? 60? 50W sounds good. Adjustable? Hell yea, that's what I need. Transformers? I know almost nothing about transformers. Buy one? Build my own? Rectifier tube diode or solid state diode?

I think I'm staying with the Elise for quite a while yet to come. Let's do some adapters first and see how it goes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back