Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Sep 1, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,381 of 11,833
Well it looks like have all the bases covered, especially with the swim suits, I think after missing a couple of winters the wife should be 1uite content. Good luck to you Tony

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #1,382 of 11,833

Standing up,

Hello again Mr. Spork67,

That seat in the Hobie and standing up are what sold me about the 14 & 17 foot Hobie boats.  For me they are Adventure boats to explore Florida's Vast Intercostal waterway system. I'll power it with a 4-cycle engine or an Electric 20 lb. trust motor.  I'll have the Gulf of Mexico to venture out. I don't know if I'm brave enough to swim off the boat but people seem to do just that.

I'll look into the PA12.

Up here in Michigan, people buy 16' fiberglass boats with 180hp. & electric motors for our Tiny inland lake Bass Fishing.  It's interesting how the World's great Salt Waters are filled with tiny kayak fishermen using no motor at all.   

I considered buying a Jet-skie boat but those things are so darn noisy, I hope for peace, quiet and simplicity. 

Thanks for writing back,

Tony in Michigan

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #1,383 of 11,833
I have friends with bass boats and 150 - 200hp outboards.
100kph+ is fun, but I find the pace and the stealth of the kayak therapeutic sometimes.
I'm usually trolling a lure or two behind me when I move from spot to spot, so there is no particular hurry to get there.

You have some fantastic flats fishing to look forwards to in Florida. Hope your reality is as good as your expectations.

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #1,384 of 11,833
Fish - smish!!! Water skiing with 315 horses:

From my distant past in a galaxy far away 
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #1,385 of 11,833
@UntilThen here is a little something to relax with , coming your way soon....

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,386 of 11,833
What a blast! Listening to everything and anything!  Just got the new PSAudio Nuwave DSD DAC  in the system, it is a noticeable upgrade from my previous PSAudio dac..  Everything is more "musical", more information in the music, exquisite detail  Listened with the 6 pack for while until went into distortion, same bad adapter, so ordered a new one. Using the EL3N's and TS 5998's just amazing, and listening to DSD files, well the detail is immense. Please forgive pic of 6 pack as that is what I was using when first installed dac, but it is okay now with only one tube per socket, as required!!  It is amazing how the increase in clarity, has opened up the Sennheiser 800 even more! Totally satisfied with the system now.  Tube rolling will be even more interesting now.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #1,387 of 11,833
  What a blast! Listening to everything and anything!  Just got the new PSAudio Nuwave DSD DAC  in the system, it is a noticeable upgrade from my previous PSAudio dac..  Everything is more "musical", more information in the music, exquisite detail  Listened with the 6 pack for while until went into distortion, same bad adapter, so ordered a new one. Using the EL3N's and TS 5998's just amazing, and listening to DSD files, well the detail is immense. Please forgive pic of 6 pack as that is what I was using when first installed dac, but it is okay now with only one tube per socket, as required!!  It is amazing how the increase in clarity, has opened up the Sennheiser 800 even more! Totally satisfied with the system now.  Tube rolling will be even more interesting now.

CF:  Really glad you are happy with your new DAC. PSAudio has been a very respected name for a long time, and it is nice to see they are still going strong.

I applaud you for sending your Mannheim Steamroller records to @UntilThen. I attended one of their Christmas concerts many years ago, and they have been a longtime favorite. And, as I have said before, UT deserves recognition for the help he has given us all.
Maybe when my latest GoFundMe drive to fund a new Utopia is successful, I'll send him my HD800S 
L3000.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,388 of 11,833
I am still listening to this, longest headphone session in quite awhile.  A definate improvement, and well worth the price to me. The difference is immediate and constitant across all media types and genre's.  Very happy with it.  As for the vinyl to @UntilThen, he has been a big influence for me and my journey with Elise, and on pm's he has been a friend, and a steadying influence for me, after my wife's passing, a true friend and influence. And knowing that the lp's will be going to someone that will enjoy them made it a no brainer (I do no brain things well!).  Must take these phones off and get some lunch, need food to keep going and a bathroom break is overdue!

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #1,389 of 11,833

My second co-incidence with Elise today.

Got out my old DT880 with 5998/EL3N set-up like yours and detail is really incredible. Listening to Mozart piano I reversed the channels as the recording engineer had the treble on the left, and now I am imagining I am playing, hearing every note in it's exact position. Have never been able to do that before.
Of course, I can only imagine how much better the HD800 would sound as much as I can only dream of playing as well as Mitsuko Uchida 

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #1,391 of 11,833
@connieflyer and @pctazhp thanks for such kind words but I was just enjoying myself immensely here. 
beyersmile.png

Just listen to the Mannheim Steamroller Fresh Aire 7 you posted. It's good. Love it. Looking forward indeed to the LPs coming my way. Deeply appreciative. Thanks very much.

What a lovely photo you've taken of Elise with those red tubes and your PS Audio DAC. There's even a Navy seal. Priceless. 
bigsmile_face.gif

@pctazhp I'm looking forward and hoping your Utopia quest is successful but my son will get me the HD800. 
gs1000.gif
 Daughter gave me the T1 and wife gave me the DAC and turntable. I must have done something right. 
etysmile.gif
  @hypnos1 will give me the GEC 6as7g. Life's too good. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #1,392 of 11,833

My second co-incidence with Elise today.

Got out my old DT880 with 5998/EL3N set-up like yours and detail is really incredible. Listening to Mozart piano I reversed the channels as the recording engineer had the treble on the left, and now I am imagining I am playing, hearing every note in it's exact position. Have never been able to do that before.
Of course, I can only imagine how much better the HD800 would sound as much as I can only dream of playing as well as Mitsuko Uchida 

Howie seeing how much you love classical, HD800 should be high on your Christmas gift list. You won't need the Christmas tree setup then. Guaranteed. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #1,393 of 11,833
anyone here try the audio zenith pmx2 with elise?

still early days but the el3n & chatham 6as7g is a great combo -- just kills the jan philips 6sn7wgta & rca 6as7g, but i'll revisit this philips driver later on.

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #1,394 of 11,833
UntilThen The Navy seal is just a coaster nad to move the coffee mug do I vould get the pic forgot the coaster. Howie you will be very impressed with the 800 for classical, very revealing. Ah piano, my favorite instrument, I tried it when I was younger, but could not find a piano that had extra wide keyes, kept hitting more than one key per finger!

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #1,395 of 11,833
  anyone here try the audio zenith pmx2 with elise?

still early days but the el3n & chatham 6as7g is a great combo -- just kills the jan philips 6sn7wgta & rca 6as7g, but i'll revisit this philips driver later on.

I thought the Audio Zenith PMX2 looks like a OPPO PM2. It is a heavily modified PM2. Rather heavy at 483 grams though. A lot of modified headphones on the market now. 

A lot seems to like EL3N and Chatham 6as7g combo. That doesn't surprise me. 
biggrin.gif
 I've always said that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back