Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Sep 2, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #1,411 of 11,833
At long last, T...WELCOME TO THE T1 CLUB - WELL DONE!!!
darthsmile.gif
...CHEERS!...
beerchug.gif

Thanks, H1. I suspect that you are the only one who can possibly appreciate how excited I am about this 
smily_headphones1.gif
. But I now have to avoid ever listening to T1G1s ever again....

I seem to have lucked out in the Amazon free-delivery lottery and I may be getting them today so my Bimby is warming up, and my Elise has the Mullard 6080s and EL3Ns set up, all waiting for the knock on the door. And I have the 1812 cued up to play at a moments notice. 
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #1,412 of 11,833
  Listening to EL3N and Tung Sol 7236 and enjoying a hypnos1 moment - suddenly my system seems to sound tangibly better. Maybe the 7236 tubes have suddenly improved.

Hey mordy, careful now - you'll be having me believe my own imaginings LOL!
wink_face.gif
darthsmile.gif
...but glad you're still getting even better sound...and with @pctazhp's "just one tube per socket"!!!
wink.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
...CHEERS!...

@connieflyer and @pctazhp thanks for such kind words but I was just enjoying myself immensely here. 
beyersmile.png

Just listen to the Mannheim Steamroller Fresh Aire 7 you posted. It's good. Love it. Looking forward indeed to the LPs coming my way. Deeply appreciative. Thanks very much.

What a lovely photo you've taken of Elise with those red tubes and your PS Audio DAC. There's even a Navy seal. Priceless. 
bigsmile_face.gif

@pctazhp I'm looking forward and hoping your Utopia quest is successful but my son will get me the HD800. 
gs1000.gif
 Daughter gave me the T1 and wife gave me the DAC and turntable. I must have done something right. 
etysmile.gif
  @hypnos1 will give me the GEC 6as7g. Life's too good. 
biggrin.gif

Hmmm UT....methinks you must have done me down in a previous life LOL!!!
mad.gif
...SORRY, but gonna have to spoil your day alas!!
wink_face.gif
...perhaps in the next life...
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #1,413 of 11,833

Do you two know each other? 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Didn't until we met up at the Cambridge head-fi meet earlier this year...and I still feel guilty at what putting on my T1s did to him - through Elise of course, resplendant in C3g'S'/GEC CV2523 dress. @tjw321's amazement/joy are still vivid in my mind, lol!! 
L3000.gif
...so now he's the owner of both!!!...yet another LUCKY ONE!..
beerchug.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #1,414 of 11,833
  anyone here try the audio zenith pmx2 with elise?

still early days but the el3n & chatham 6as7g is a great combo -- just kills the jan philips 6sn7wgta & rca 6as7g, but i'll revisit this philips driver later on.

Glad you're liking the EL3N/Chatham combo, g49...and can only get even better LOL!...
biggrin.gif

I thought the Audio Zenith PMX2 looks like a OPPO PM2. It is a heavily modified PM2. Rather heavy at 483 grams though. A lot of modified headphones on the market now. 

A lot seems to like EL3N and Chatham 6as7g combo. That doesn't surprise me. 
biggrin.gif
 I've always said that.

Well UT...the number of EL3N fans continues to grow - encouraging indeed to see that we weren't fooling ourselves all this while LOL!!
wink_face.gif
gs1000.gif
...amazing tubes - especially for the money!!
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #1,415 of 11,833

I was thinking about that yesterday, funnily enough. I've been a bit put off the 800 in the past because of reports of over bright and peaky treble.

On the other hand the S version might be too attenuated in the treble. I do like clear, extended treble, and when I tell you I like AKG's, in general, you will know what I mean. I don't want fatigue or screeching, mind you, but I can't imagine Elise ever screeching, somehow.  
darthsmile.gif

Ordinarily I wouldn't have enjoy T1, HD800 and HE560 if not for Elise. A good tube amp will make these headphones enjoyable without sounding shrill and screeching. I'm surprised at how my taste have shifted from HD650 to these headphones .... because of Elise.

Well other good tubes amps will do that too but my experience is with Elise and at a very good value price point.

Thanks, H1. I suspect that you are the only one who can possibly appreciate how excited I am about this 
smily_headphones1.gif
. But I now have to avoid ever listening to T1G1s ever again....

I seem to have lucked out in the Amazon free-delivery lottery and I may be getting them today so my Bimby is warming up, and my Elise has the Mullard 6080s and EL3Ns set up, all waiting for the knock on the door. And I have the 1812 cued up to play at a moments notice. 
wink.gif

It will be a special moment, having Beyer T1 g2 with Elise using EL3N and Mullard 6080. You'll love 1812 and more. I'm excited for you too. 
L3000.gif

Hmmm UT....methinks you must have done me down in a previous life LOL!!!
mad.gif
...SORRY, but gonna have to spoil your day alas!!
wink_face.gif
...perhaps in the next life...
biggrin.gif

I had a nap and woke up at 7pm feeling very disorientated but this makes me laugh. Love the camaraderie around here. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #1,416 of 11,833

Didn't until we met up at the Cambridge head-fi meet earlier this year...and I still feel guilty at what putting on my T1s did to him - through Elise of course, resplendant in C3g'S'/GEC CV2523 dress. @tjw321's amazement/joy are still vivid in my mind, lol!! 
L3000.gif
...so now he's the owner of both!!!...yet another LUCKY ONE!..
beerchug.gif

That's nice to meet new enthusiasts. I had to miss London because of my sciatica, which is now, thankfully improving.

I'm going to splash out before the end of the year on new cans- HD800/800S or TI g1 or 2. 
There's lots of advocates for all four so I'll take some time to research and learn from others.
Cheers, and I'm enjoying EL3N's as drivers. Surprisingly clear with good treble extension, yet still warm and engaging. Humless too!

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,417 of 11,833
  Well UT...the number of EL3N fans continues to grow - encouraging indeed to see that we weren't fooling ourselves all this while LOL!!
wink_face.gif
gs1000.gif
...amazing tubes - especially for the money!!
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you took the trouble and experimented with EL3N and brought us this tube. It is certainly a unique and special tone for an equally special price on NOS tubes.

It is certainly good to see others loving and enjoying it too. We weren't fooling ourselves. 
gs1000.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #1,421 of 11,833
  Also would @HOWIE13 or anybody know if either Phillips or Sylvania 6080 tubes have any sonic advantages over GE 6AS7 GA? Because the appear similar

You don't need an adapter for the 6080.

I think those 6080's have a wider sound-stage and a bit more detail than the GE 6AS7's I've used.

The GE is very musical and pleasantly warm without clouding important detail. The 6080's are a bit more analytical and dynamic.

All good tubes, synergising well in my system, my ears etc, etc.....

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #1,425 of 11,833
Have not been around for awhile, The Elise is still rocking.

I did buy a Fiio x7 and B&O H8 for just listening.

I sent the H8 back. I could not get use to the on ears. Bought some Masters and Dynamic MW 60s to replace the H8s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back