Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Sep 1, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #1,396 of 11,833
@UntilThen The Navy seal is just a coaster nad to move the coffee mug do I vould get the pic forgot the coaster. Howie you will be very impressed with the 800 for classical, very revealing. Ah piano, my favorite instrument, I tried it when I was younger, but could not find a piano that had extra wide keyes, kept hitting more than one key per finger!

I never could find a piano that had a place I could find to stick those paper rolls in and make it do the work 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #1,397 of 11,833
Listening to EL3N and Tung Sol 7236 and enjoying a hypnos1 moment - suddenly my system seems to sound tangibly better. Maybe the 7236 tubes have suddenly improved.

I am playing authentic American New Orleans Jazz in glorious mono - Bunk Johnson's Band from 1945 with great New Orleans drumming by Baby Dodds.

I know, nobody listens to this kind of music, but I like it...

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #1,398 of 11,833
I am playing authentic American New Orleans Jazz in glorious mono - Bunk Johnson's Band from 1945 with great New Orleans drumming by Baby Dodds.

I know, nobody listens to this kind of music, but I like it...

"Video ei ole käytettävissä". That's about "ur bruk". Can't see/hear it. :frowning2:

Edit:

This one works:

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/l-gZDkvqfjY[/VIDEO]

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #1,400 of 11,833
This will help you move faster @UntilThen...Still have the phones on, still incredible

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #1,401 of 11,833
Now if you like excitement and kettle drums.....

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #1,404 of 11,833
Hi Oskari,

Your link does not work, and I can't seem to get my link above to work as well. Trying again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP1zDtaIzbU

This seems to work - love the way the drummer plays the rims during the clarinet solos.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #1,407 of 11,833
Hi Oskari et al,

Here is a great 1929 electric recording called Market Street Stomp by the Missourians. (In 1930 Louis Armstrong took over this band).

This is a ferocious recording. The enclosed version uses it as a backdrop to a silent "slap stick(?)" movie. So much is going on in this movie that it is hard to concentrate on the music, but the movie is guaranteed to bring out a smile and the recognition of what was entertainment some 85 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoEviTBWrXg

Next is a modern faithful rendition of Market Street Stomp by Vince Giordano's Night Hawks so you can get it in greater fidelity.

Good test for kick drum...

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #1,408 of 11,833

Howie seeing how much you love classical, HD800 should be high on your Christmas gift list. You won't need the Christmas tree setup then. Guaranteed. 
beerchug.gif

I was thinking about that yesterday, funnily enough. I've been a bit put off the 800 in the past because of reports of over bright and peaky treble.

On the other hand the S version might be too attenuated in the treble. I do like clear, extended treble, and when I tell you I like AKG's, in general, you will know what I mean. I don't want fatigue or screeching, mind you, but I can't imagine Elise ever screeching, somehow.  
darthsmile.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #1,409 of 11,833

re: Hum. I've done some rearranging, Elise is now on the opposite side of my (small) study to all the other elecrtonics and I've run a power cord from the next room so she isn't sharing a power board.
There is still some noise @ high volumes, but considerably less than there was.
Fingers crossed she will be silent with some new tubes, when I get around to that.

Hi S67.

Glad to hear you're getting a handle on the hum...it certainly appears more and more that in most cases it is indeed due to factors in one's own particular environment alas. FA themselves would not ship a unit that suffers from it - in their environment at least LOL!!
tongue.gif
...And this must surely be a tube thing much more than SS...again, alas!
frown.gif
. But perseverance usually gets us there in the end...to an acceptable level at least!
wink_face.gif
. Hope you remove even more of yours eventually...
biggrin.gif

The price of Beyerdynamic T1s briefly dropped below £500 on Amazon UK so I'm finally going to be joining the club. Just have to wait for the delivery. Why did I let my Prime membership lapse...

At long last, T...WELCOME TO THE T1 CLUB - WELL DONE!!!
darthsmile.gif
...CHEERS!...
beerchug.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #1,410 of 11,833

Hi S67.

Glad to hear you're getting a handle on the hum...it certainly appears more and more that in most cases it is indeed due to factors in one's own particular environment alas. FA themselves would not ship a unit that suffers from it - in their environment at least LOL!!
tongue.gif
...And this must surely be a tube thing much more than SS...again, alas!
frown.gif
. But perseverance usually gets us there in the end...to an acceptable level at least!
wink_face.gif
. Hope you remove even more of yours eventually...
biggrin.gif

At long last, T...WELCOME TO THE T1 CLUB - WELL DONE!!!
darthsmile.gif
...CHEERS!...
beerchug.gif

Do you two know each other? 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back