Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #8,776 of 11,833
True. The HD600 is a very good headphone with OTL amps such as Elise but HD800 is a different animal. It's a werewolf that transform with the bad moon rising. If you think the HD600 scale like crazy, wait till you listen to the HD800 with Elise and good tubes and a revealing dac. Then the HD800 will scale and you will go crazy.... very very crazy.
Mental note to self: "Keep your focus: you have to buy a bike; you have to buy a bike; you have to buy a bike..."
:beyersmile:

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #8,777 of 11,833
Mental note to self: "Keep your focus: you have to buy a bike; you have to buy a bike; you have to buy a bike..."
:beyersmile:

Mental note to yourself... a bike is a HD800, a HD800 is a Yggy. :k701smile:

Alright I won't trouble you anymore. Just buy the bike and make your little girl the happiest child in town. If I had a bike when I was young, I would be over the moon. Instead I had to sit on my brother's back and pretend he is the bike. Those were the days when having fun, means playing marbles and flying kites.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #8,778 of 11,833
Having never heard the Classic I can't really argue with you. However, there are plenty of people on HeadFi, including those who have owned both, who don't concur with your assessment that the difference in resolution is "significant".

I didn't try the Classic because of the problem I had with the treble spike in the HD700. Perhaps purists have the ability to ignore that spike in the Classic. Anyway, we plebeian tin-ear members of the great unwashed public seem to be happy with what Senn has provided us in the S, as the price differential with the Classic is holding pretty stable :ksc75smile:

Price differential between the 2 headphones at Addicted To Audio sale now is only $200. Both versions on sale.

Many people on Head-Fi may not concur with my assessment but at the same time, many people in the audio universe concur with my supreme assessment. :ksc75smile:

Anyway, I have deviated too far. It's wrong to start a headphone war. Let others enjoy their preferred HP and model. Both versions are good in the right setup. I do know that I prefer the Senns in my stable now more than the lone Beyer. Again it's my preference. My apologies to those Beyer's fan. Remember I was once a die hard T1 fan. It was my Top One not too long ago.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #8,779 of 11,833
I'm really enjoying the 6SN7W's can't decide if I prefer them with the Marconi 6080's or the Sylvania 6080's the Marconi's have more warmth - I'm sure their Tung Sol's rebadged, I'm sure one of you could confirm or suggest who they are made by?
Have some Chatham 6080WB's to try them with (Tung Sol again), looking forward to trying these when I have time. Have a pair of Ken-Rad 6F8G's arriving some time soon, hoping these may be worth listening to. Have been listening with the MrSpeakers
Aeon's, they are beginning to sound great.

Phew finally someone else likes the 6sn7w besides me. I was worried it might be worth only $1 by month's end at the rate negative reviews about it are going..... but that would be a good outcome !!!

SMF, nice picture of the 6sn7w and Marconi 6080. You will love the Chatham 6080wb. Great tubes. Remember, they are my Chief of Staff. :ksc75smile:

At some point I will try a pair of Tung Sol or Sylvania 6F8G. I need to get hold of some quality adapters though. I am afraid I might have to battle hum once I dive into these. I really don't want to mess with adapters again. Time will tell....

Sounds like you've some really interesting headphones there.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #8,780 of 11,833
If you click on the arrows to the lafet and right of the page buttons, you can make the page numbers on display page back and forth to get to the one you want.

Hello TJ. We don't hear from you much but it's good to see you're still around. Hope all is well with you and you're still loving Elise in wonderland.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #8,781 of 11,833
They've made many things.

Omg I'm dancing like the girl in the picture now, listening to the Hitachi 6sn7gtb with RCA 6as7g or GEC 6as7g.

Whilst the RCA 6sn7gtb sounds more plump and have richer harmonic texture, these Hitachi tubes wears Nike's Air Max. They float, they bounce and they roll with a gymnast's suppleness and athleticism. These sound like the Emperor's tubes with a pauper's price. How good is that?

So go and scout for Hitachi and buy those construction machinery.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #8,782 of 11,833
Omg I'm dancing like the girl in the picture now, listening to the Hitachi 6sn7gtb with RCA 6as7g or GEC 6as7g.

Whilst the RCA 6sn7gtb sounds more plump and have richer harmonic texture, these Hitachi tubes wears Nike's Air Max. They float, they bounce and they roll with a gymnast's suppleness and athleticism. These sound like the Emperor's tubes with a pauper's price. How good is that?

So go and scout for Hitachi and buy those construction machinery.
I'm glad you like them. There's always the chance that they're too vivid for some tastes/systems.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #8,783 of 11,833
I'm glad you like them. There's always the chance that they're too vivid for some tastes/systems.

Vivid's probably too strong a term. Certainly not as vivid as C3g. However the Hitachis pairs well with RCA 6as7g which does tone it down to the right ambience temperature. In fact, it will pair well with any 6as7.

Speaking of C3g, does no one want to buy my nearly new Valvo C3g/s .... yes with the 'S' .... the supreme version. :) It comes with free adapters.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #8,785 of 11,833
Hey guys, lots of comparisons between the T1 (gen 1) and HD800, but I was hoping for some impressions from those of you who've heard both through the Elise.

If you were only able to keep either the T1 (gen 1) or the HD800 with the Elise, which one would it be, and why?

Thanks all :)

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #8,786 of 11,833
Hey guys, lots of comparisons between the T1 (gen 1) and HD800, but I was hoping for some impressions from those of you who've heard both through the Elise.

If you were only able to keep either the T1 (gen 1) or the HD800 with the Elise, which one would it be, and why?

Thanks all :)

I'd keep the HD800 and there's no why because my ears tells me so. :ksc75smile:

Give me the weekend to ponder why I prefer the HD800 over my once favourite headphone, the T1 original..... and I'll produce my thesis on it.

The thoughts are all in my head. I just need to put pen to paper... I mean to this thread with golden needles.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #8,787 of 11,833
I'd take them but you're so far away and outside of the union (EU). :crying_cat_face:

Hello Oskari. :heart_eyes:

Love conquers distance. If you like it take it .... together with the Mullard ECC31 plus adapters for a good discount and the gigantic shipping fees.

These 2 drivers were my favourites a year ago but now I'm retired to the monastery in the mountain to meditate on a quiet life with 6sn7 and 6as7. They calm my chi and gives me utopia.

This 'is' my meditative stance.

d6f289d1839cfa4b8764441e6ba40f3d.jpg

This 'was' my meditative stance.

scotch.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back