Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jun 22, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #8,761 of 11,833
To quotes Len and I agree with his one liner description because that's what I hear.

"Sylvania 6SN7W has strong bass and is full, but I wouldn't say it's romantic or warm (though it is very musical IMO)." -Len

IMO, 6sn7w is on the bright side of neutral but not by much. It is forward sounding and have impact. It is a lively tone compared to Sylvania 6sn7wgt, which is more relaxed and warmer. Perhaps you guys just prefer that kind of tone. Nothing wrong with having a personal preference.

Jun 22, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #8,762 of 11,833
Jun 22, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #8,764 of 11,833
My opinion is that Sennheiser cave in and gave the public the upgraded HD650 they have been begging... in the form of the HD800S. Even if the 2 versions are the same price, I will still buy the HD800. The resolution that the HD800S is missing compared to the HD800 is significant. :jecklinsmile:

Having never heard the Classic I can't really argue with you. However, there are plenty of people on HeadFi, including those who have owned both, who don't concur with your assessment that the difference in resolution is "significant".

I didn't try the Classic because of the problem I had with the treble spike in the HD700. Perhaps purists have the ability to ignore that spike in the Classic. Anyway, we plebeian tin-ear members of the great unwashed public seem to be happy with what Senn has provided us in the S, as the price differential with the Classic is holding pretty stable :ksc75smile:

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #8,765 of 11,833
The Naim diesn't come in black so that is out. Plus, I didn't go through the long period of suffering I had to endure to gain some respect for Schiit multbit DACs on F-A threads to abandon Schiit at this point. Availability (if and when) of black Gumby = new DAC for pctazhp. Only drawback is I will have to endure UT telling me that Schiit just caved in by offering ignorant consumers who don't know any better a DAC that is "significantly" inferior to Yiggy. :o2smile:

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #8,766 of 11,833
Does anyone know how to jump to a particular page? This new form still has a lot of dork in it. If you load a page that is a page or two that you missed, I can't seem to go back one or two pages. If you hit prev it takes you all the way to page one. Thanks.

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #8,767 of 11,833
Does anyone know how to jump to a particular page? This new form still has a lot of dork in it. If you load a page that is a page or two that you missed, I can't seem to go back one or two pages. If you hit prev it takes you all the way to page one. Thanks.

Don't know why you are having that problem. When I hit Prev I just go back one page. Strange.

The main problem I still have with the new format is it won't show us who is online for a particular thread, I can't see a way to search a keyword in an individual thread, and there doesn't seem a way to go to a particular page in a thread by number. I assume those problems can't be fixed or they are not high priority.

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #8,768 of 11,833
Now Hitachi as a corporation is big, very big. They ranked 38th in the Fortune Global 500. In Australia they feature prominently in construction machinery. So why would they bother with tubes or valve? Maybe Mr Hitachi was a tube lover.... long ago I mean. They don't make tubes anymore.
They've made many things.

il_570xN.884186166_maul.jpg

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #8,769 of 11,833
Just now I tried it and it would go back one page, but before always to beginning of thread. Still don't see any way to go to a particular page number.

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #8,772 of 11,833
Got it working now, thanks

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #8,773 of 11,833
I'm really enjoying the 6SN7W's can't decide if I prefer them with the Marconi 6080's or the Sylvania 6080's the Marconi's have more warmth - I'm sure their Tung Sol's rebadged, I'm sure one of you could confirm or suggest who they are made by?
Have some Chatham 6080WB's to try them with (Tung Sol again), looking forward to trying these when I have time. Have a pair of Ken-Rad 6F8G's arriving some time soon, hoping these may be worth listening to. Have been listening with the MrSpeakers
Aeon's, they are beginning to sound great.
IMG_1052.jpg
IMG_1053.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back