Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Dec 12, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #4,006 of 11,833
Dec 12, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #4,008 of 11,833
just finished the debauchery thing with Lily, Naomi, some nice cabs, Cajun rib-eye, lobster sashimi and some old Bob James, Passport, Adele and a few of the recommended tunes posted in this thread, this was a good weekend indeed.

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #4,009 of 11,833
just finished the debauchery thing with Lily, Naomi, some nice cabs, Cajun rib-eye, lobster sashimi and some old Bob James, Passport, Adele and a few of the recommended tunes posted in this thread, this was a good weekend indeed.
wait you had Adelle Naomi Lily Cajun ribeye and you had debauchery give me a break you had all that and debauchery my word you are a god!!!.

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #4,010 of 11,833
weight you had a Dell Naomi Lily Cajun ribeye and you had debauchery give me a break you had all that and debauchery my word you are a god.

Are you as buzzed as me? lol
tongue.gif
  BTW, what ius a Dell?  on to some old Berlin and Keiko Matsui

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #4,011 of 11,833
@DavidA LMAO,that is what happens when you shoveled snow all yesterday, got little sleep, and now have seven more inches of snow to clear this morning, and using a cell phone's tiny keyboard, with eyes full of sleep, not to mention old age, no breakfast, dog wnats to go for a walk in foot of snow, yea I am guilty, should have just read your post and moved on, but that is just not my way!  I will try harder next tiime! Getting to old for this, wish the snow blower would quit so I could

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #4,012 of 11,833
Dec 12, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #4,013 of 11,833
Unless they are shipping psvane tubes as stock , those would be the upgraded tubes

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #4,014 of 11,833
Overall I thought the review was pretty good. I think he did a good job of describing it's price/performance qualities. And it is nice to see Elise get recognition.

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #4,015 of 11,833
I thought the review was a fair assessment and a lot better presented than some amplifier reviews I've read.

In a couple of places though I found it a little difficult to comprehend exactly what he meant.

It's interesting that the same reviewer gave an even higher score to Espressivo, but that would be in relation to price, of course.

It's all well deserved good news for Feliks-Audio.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #4,016 of 11,833
I love how everyone keeps saying "my Elise" as if they were referring to a person, or, for better or worse, "my Precious"! I'm barely able to keep my impatience under control...
Still waiting for mine, but it looks as if Headphonics got it in my place (PsVane tubes and all)! Guess I'm in for a "clinical experience" and an abundance of "depth of field"! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #4,017 of 11,833
OK folks...pay attention now.

Having just read the headfonics review, which can only be good for F-A (and US lol!!) - especially his clear statements that Elise is "undisputably" the best sub-$999 tube amp he has heard... ever!...  (pretty darned good endorsement, in my book lol!!
wink_face.gif
) - my spirits have taken another massive boost : ie.

MY REVISED ELISE HAS SHIPPED!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

And so I really look forward to homing in especially on the points mentioned in said review. Mind you, things will, I'm sure, be quite different anyway given my own setup - especially with my favourite tubes and tube DAC.

So, guys, hopefully there should be some very interesting comparisons in a week or so...assuming I can remember just how #001 sounded lol!!
wink_face.gif
...(but if all else fails, there's no shortage of info to fall back on from the past two YEARS!!!).

Needless to say, I am now a VERY HAPPY CHAPPIE!  But how can I sleep for the next few days - should I even try lol?!!!!

Watch this space...

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #4,019 of 11,833
I love how everyone keeps saying "my Elise" as if they were referring to a person, or, for better or worse, "my Precious"! I'm barely able to keep my impatience under control...
Still waiting for mine, but it looks as if Headphonics got it in my place (PsVane tubes and all)! Guess I'm in for a "clinical experience" and an abundance of "depth of field"! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Soon you will be in Middle Earth
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #4,020 of 11,833
hypnos1 The gods have given you a reprieve for not joining @untilthen band! Try to get all the rest you can, you will need it after the new amp aŕrives! Extremely happy for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back