Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Dec 10, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #3,976 of 11,833
For all the incredible posters on this thread and the other 2, here's a song for you. For braving ridicule, for crafting your posts, your jokes, your stories, your secrets, for not being a serial Elise dumpster, for your endless tube rolling, for your 1920s Youtube videos (gawd those hurts), for lurking, for being funny without being funny, you did it Your Way.

Here's from the King himself.

Dec 10, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #3,978 of 11,833
Hi h1,

As somebody who almost exclusively listens to speakers and always felt sort of left out in the numerous headphone pro/con discussions, it was a revelation when you stated that speakers bring out some aspects to listening that headphones cannot do.

".a temporary return to loudspeakers and a reminder of just how cans cannot come anywhere near a good 'speaker system on a good few fronts lol! And so now I yearn for a headphone sound that might possibly get a bit closer to such an experience at least, "

So my question to you is: If speakers are superior, and you already seem to have good speakers, why the need to buy new headphones that may only approximate the sound of speakers?

The Elise is an excellent preamp.......

Dec 10, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #3,979 of 11,833
  Don't do it. Don't spend 4k on a headphone. Don't bring back the great depression. 4k Utopia buys more than 4k TV these days. I just watch 'Guardians of the Galaxy on a 65" and it was gorgeous colours.

As for HiFi system in the lounge, now that's different. Go nuts. For that I will support your getting this

Of course you're right UT...but you must admit it would at least be a VERY interesting exercise, no?!!
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif

ps.  Forget the darned horn LOL!!
tongue_smile.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Peat fair you say? I think you meant the Peatbog Faeries.

I'll get me coat.
redface.gif

And you thought I'd lost the plot, O?!!!
redface.gif
darthsmile.gif

Hi h1,

As somebody who almost exclusively listens to speakers and always felt sort of left out in the numerous headphone pro/con discussions, it was a revelation when you stated that speakers bring out some aspects to listening that headphones cannot do.

".a temporary return to loudspeakers and a reminder of just how cans cannot come anywhere near a good 'speaker system on a good few fronts lol! And so now I yearn for a headphone sound that might possibly get a bit closer to such an experience at least, "

So my question to you is: If speakers are superior, and you already seem to have good speakers, why the need to buy new headphones that may only approximate the sound of speakers?

The Elise is an excellent preamp.......

Hi mordy...very sore point, my friend! -  My whole reason for getting into HP amps, after beginning to get my hi-fi setup sounding reasonably good was for the sake of domestic harmony, I'm afraid to say...
frown.gif
. I don't need to tell you that there's no point whatsoever having a good sound system if anything above a mouse squeak has a certain other member of the household putting a damper on proceedings lol...need I say more?!!
wink_face.gif
...Hence, HEADPHONES!!..

And after 3 months of self-inflicted exile from the joys of Elise, you can probably guess at my reason for clutching at any straws at any price LOL!
confused_face.gif
. So perhaps shed a tear or two in this direction?
redface.gif
biggrin.gif
...CHEERS!, and g'night....zzzzzzzz

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #3,983 of 11,833
@hypnos1 that is how I got into headphones so much was after my wife's (I had a few years before she did) retirement,it was not possible to monopolizes the system or play it loudly anymore. So the headphoes were a natural. Ended up with the Elise, and I think to do signifcanly better, I would have to spend more than I am willing to so unless things change this will be it (at least until the upgraded Elise is sorted out). Now alone, I do listen to speakers a lot more than before.

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #3,984 of 11,833
I assume I am one of the 2, and as number 2 of 2 is probably out on the town, living large on Saturday night, let me suggest that we include @hypnos1 in your new band, he will be a good man to have, we the stiff upper lip and all, especially if he plays the trumpet.@pctazhp number 2 of 2 has polished his kazoo, and I have the drum line down on the cigar box base, so we could use another horn.

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #3,985 of 11,833
  I assume I am one of the 2, and as number 2 of 2 is probably out on the town, living large on Saturday night, let me suggest that we include @hypnos1 in your new band, he will be a good man to have, we the stiff upper lip and all, especially if he plays the trumpet.@pctazhp number 2 of 2 has polished his kazoo, and I have the drum line down on the cigar box base, so we could use another horn.

I can't even begin to describe my wild Saturday night on the town, filled with debauchery and hedonistic pleasure, so I won't even try.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #3,986 of 11,833
  Don't do it. Don't spend 4k on a headphone. Don't bring back the great depression. 4k Utopia buys more than 4k TV these days. I just watch 'Guardians of the Galaxy on a 65" and it was gorgeous colours.

As for HiFi system in the lounge, now that's different. Go nuts. For that I will support your getting this

My home is a horn-free zone. However, all women in short, black lingerie are welcome. Oh wait, I'm married. Ignore that last remark. In fact, my home is horn-free because I am married
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #3,987 of 11,833
  @hypnos1, the wife/girlfriend approval factor is well know to many, I'm lucky to have a GF who has very similar taste in music, wine, food and outlook on life.

David:  I haven't told you this in a while, but you remain my hero. In my next life, I want to come back as you. Any chance you'll be buying a Blue Hawaii and have it burned in for me????
o2smile.gif

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #3,989 of 11,833
By the way what magic does happen at 1500? Do we get an award like a cash award that we could buy the new Elite Four or perhaps they just give us one for free if that's the case I am all in. And I knew you would have an exciting night out with all the debauchery and other things that people do that are normal and younger.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #3,990 of 11,833
By the way what magic does happen at 1500? Do we get an award like a cash award that we could buy the new Elite Four or perhaps they just give us one for free if that's the case I am all in. And I knew you would have an exciting night out with all the debauchery and other things that people do that are normal and younger.

Our reward will be a letter of commendation from our Leader In Chief, @UntilThen. Priceless )))

Fortunately, I destroyed too many brain cells when I was younger to have any memories of those days.
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back