Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Dec 10, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #3,961 of 11,833
  Well time for some International video of the old days

CF:  I absolutely loved these guys. My older sisters wouldn't take me to see their movies because I would laugh so hard I would embarrass them to death. So I had to stay home and watch George and Gracie on TV.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #3,964 of 11,833
Anyone planning on dumping their amp let me know.

When the new Elise is finalized, depending on price and what have you, I will probably upgrade and will let you know.

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #3,965 of 11,833
Gracie Allen was such an understated comediane, great timing and comic relief.  What a talent.  @pctazhp my mother encouraged me to watch Dean and Jerry, as she wanted me to laugh more, to try to make up for the disappointment when I looked in the mirror and realized why everyone pointed at me and laughed!

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #3,966 of 11,833
It is hard to believe that tv programming used to have commercials after 15 minutes of program.  Interesting commercials on this clip.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #3,967 of 11,833
  Gracie Allen was such an understated comediane, great timing and comic relief.  What a talent.  @pctazhp my mother encouraged me to watch Dean and Jerry, as she wanted me to laugh more, to try to make up for the disappointment when I looked in the mirror and realized why everyone pointed at me and laughed!

Very much agree with you about Gracie.

After I was born my mother took down all the mirrors and hid them
angry_face.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #3,968 of 11,833
  CJ, thanks for the photos and summary of the upgrades. Looks good.

Wonder if there's any re-tuning done?

I hope this will translate into an Elise with more snap attack, even faster transient response, bite and transparency. Although I cannot envisage if that would be a better outcome as Elise in it's current state, is perfecto for me. 

Hi again UT...I would imagine that all the changes mentioned have re-tuned Elise a good deal already lol!!
wink_face.gif
. But then, I suspect those guys in Poland are keeping quite a lot up their sleeves...more than just one Ace at that!!
biggrin.gif

Funny you should mention all those other (apparent!) improvements in sound quality, but I'm fast coming round to the realisation that actually, such elements can only be truly addressed/effected by taking a massive leap into 'extreme' headphone territory. And by that I mean well beyond HD800/Beyer T1 land!
eek.gif
. And so, to this end, I'm thinking (or is that dreaming?!) about carting my new amp - when she arrives -  to a dealer who may stock the Focal Utopia and see whether or not I have indeed finally lost the plot!
redface.gif
. At least this might just prove once and for all where the really big bucks should go, and show the potential of a unit that may (or may not) well belie its price by a massive margin LOL! However, this could well, of course, make it impossible for me to go back to my beloved T1s, in the same way the Beyers did for my 650s...please tell me not to be so stupid, I beg you...(but can't promise to listen!!
wink.gif
).

ps. What has prompted this latest bout of madness?...a temporary return to loudspeakers and a reminder of just how cans cannot come anywhere near a good 'speaker system on a good few fronts lol! And so now I yearn for a headphone sound that might possibly get a bit closer to such an experience at least, even though it is asking the near-impossible, and must inevitably be the height of "diminishing returns" alas!!...(I know, I know...what an idiot!!
ksc75smile.gif
).

@hypnos1 when you get the new Elise back I have just the sensitive video for you!  It is my new theme song and is so trueful!

Hey cf...how did you know that's my long-lost twin - the one with the hairy whiskers, that is!!
wink_face.gif
. As for the accompanying car washers...please don't distract me from the really serious things in life now - sad or what lol?!!!
frown.gif

Only serial amp offenders dump the Elise.
tongue.gif

Hey O...does that include me when I part with my beloved MKI lol?!!
frown.gif
wink_face.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #3,969 of 11,833
And so, to this end, I'm thinking (or is that dreaming?!) about carting my new amp - when she arrives -  to a dealer who may stock the Focal Utopia and see whether or not I have indeed finally lost the plot! :xf_eek: . … please tell me not to be so stupid, I beg you...(but can't promise to listen!! :wink: ).

"Finally" :confused_face(1): :D :rolleyes: :p :wink:

Hey O...does that include me when I part with my beloved MKI lol?!! :frowning2: :wink_face:

Force majeure…

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #3,970 of 11,833

Funny you should mention all those other (apparent!) improvements in sound quality, but I'm fast coming round to the realisation that actually, such elements can only be truly addressed/effected by taking a massive leap into 'extreme' headphone territory. And by that I mean well beyond HD800/Beyer T1 land!
eek.gif
. And so, to this end, I'm thinking (or is that dreaming?!) about carting my new amp - when she arrives -  to a dealer who may stock the Focal Utopia and see whether or not I have indeed finally lost the plot!
redface.gif
. At least this might just prove once and for all where the really big bucks should go, and show the potential of a unit that may (or may not) well belie its price by a massive margin LOL! However, this could well, of course, make it impossible for me to go back to my beloved T1s, in the same way the Beyers did for my 650s...please tell me not to be so stupid, I beg you...(but can't promise to listen!!
wink.gif
).

We may have to start special thread for Billionaires of the World like you and Trump
gs1000.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #3,971 of 11,833
frown.gif

It is hard to believe that tv programming used to have commercials after 15 minutes of program.  Interesting commercials on this clip.

Then entire program was sponsored by one company. And whatever happened to the Yellow Pages??? Makes me realize how much things have changed since I was young. And no one ever consulted me about a single change
frown.gif

A lot of laughs packed into a single episode. That show and I Love Lucy were like rituals in our household. But my all time favorite comedy show was The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Lou and Ted always cracked me up
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #3,972 of 11,833
"Finally"
confused_face(1).gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Force majeure…

En effet, mon ami...mais qu'est-ce qu'on peut faire?!!!
rolleyes.gif
darthsmile.gif

We may have to start special thread for Billionaires of the World like you and Trump
gs1000.gif

Me...and Trump? Now there's a hot potato lol!!
wink_face.gif
. At least my Utopia wouldn't be quite on the scale of a fancy Golf Club in Scotland!!!
tongue.gif

And I should remind you pct...insanity knows no bounds!!!
basshead.gif
...Actually, there's another side to this - I relish the thought of wiping the smirk off the face of the assistant who disdainfully implies...What, you're going to pair that with these?!!  This exercise alone would be well worth the journey LOL!
biggrin.gif
...WISH ME LUCK!...
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #3,973 of 11,833

Hi again UT...I would imagine that all the changes mentioned have re-tuned Elise a good deal already lol!!
wink_face.gif
. But then, I suspect those guys in Poland are keeping quite a lot up their sleeves...more than just one Ace at that!!
biggrin.gif

eek.gif
redface.gif
wink.gif
).

ps. What has prompted this latest bout of madness?...a temporary return to loudspeakers and a reminder of just how cans cannot come anywhere near a good 'speaker system on a good few fronts lol! And so now I yearn for a headphone sound that might possibly get a bit closer to such an experience at least, even though it is asking the near-impossible, and must inevitably be the height of "diminishing returns" alas!!...(I know, I know...what an idiot!!
ksc75smile.gif
).

Don't do it. Don't spend 4k on a headphone. Don't bring back the great depression. 4k Utopia buys more than 4k TV these days. I just watch 'Guardians of the Galaxy on a 65" and it was gorgeous colours.

As for HiFi system in the lounge, now that's different. Go nuts. For that I will support your getting this

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #3,974 of 11,833
A friend of mine just posted this on Facebook. It reminded me that I have posted it here before (I think on the other thread). I will post it here again as my Christmas greeting to all the wonderful people here and on the other thread who have enriched my life throughout the year. I wish all of us and our patient, loving families peace, prosperity and good health.

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3,975 of 11,833
  Don't do it. Don't spend 4k on a headphone. Don't bring back the great depression. 4k Utopia buys more than 4k TV these days. I just watch 'Guardians of the Galaxy on a 65" and it was gorgeous colours.

As for HiFi system in the lounge, now that's different. Go nuts. For that I will support your getting this

Lovely horn. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back