Feliks Audio Echo (new budget OTL amp)
Jan 24, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #79 of 542
Hi guys, I would like to share my impressions and some pictures of Feliks Audio Echo, which I own for a while already. I am a little bit surprised there is not much information on this forum about this amplifier, though it deserves attention and the choice of good entry-level OTL tube amps in this price range is very limited. I didn't have many amplifiers before to make extended comparisons, but I prefer this amp to my Cavalli Liquid Carbon.
So a few words about amp itself. It is built like a tank and looks very nice with its matte black case and oak side plates. I felt that this amp was made with attention to detail. Built quality is excellent and it will not take too much place on the table. I am not very experienced in describing the sound, but it has excellent clarity and resolution. I would say it sounds very accurate, natural and rather neutral. It's not overly warm or analytical, and not too bright or dark. I think its main pros are transparency and accuracy. The soundstage is a little larger than the medium.
Stock tubes Voshod 6N1P-EV were a little bright and lack of bass for my taste, but you can always change the sound with 6922 tubes (or 5670 with adapters). I think Echo responses to the tube change quite well (and this is another interesting game:beyersmile:). I use at the moment Russian Reflector 6N23P-EV, probably not the best 6N23P tube but it has good bass and richness in the sound.
Lukasz from Feliks Audio was very helpful and responsive as well. He replied to all my questions and assisted with smooth delivery.
Thank you Feliks Audio for good affordable OTL tube amplifier.

P.S. Just one question to experienced tube rollers, does power tubes have any influence on the sound and does it make sense to replace power tubes with better ones?

DSC_0355.JPG
DSC_0359.JPG
DSC_0360.JPG
DSC_0361.JPG

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #80 of 542
Hi guys, I would like to share my impressions and some pictures of Feliks Audio Echo, which I own for a while already. I am a little bit surprised there is not much information on this forum about this amplifier, though it deserves attention and the choice of good entry-level OTL tube amps in this price range is very limited. I didn't have many amplifiers before to make extended comparisons, but I prefer this amp to my Cavalli Liquid Carbon.
So a few words about amp itself. It is built like a tank and looks very nice with its matte black case and oak side plates. I felt that this amp was made with attention to detail. Built quality is excellent and it will not take too much place on the table. I am not very experienced in describing the sound, but it has excellent clarity and resolution. I would say it sounds very accurate, natural and rather neutral. It's not overly warm or analytical, and not too bright or dark. I think its main pros are transparency and accuracy. The soundstage is a little larger than the medium.
Stock tubes Voshod 6N1P-EV were a little bright and lack of bass for my taste, but you can always change the sound with 6922 tubes (or 5670 with adapters). I think Echo responses to the tube change quite well (and this is another interesting game:beyersmile:). I use at the moment Russian Reflector 6N23P-EV, probably not the best 6N23P tube but it has good bass and richness in the sound.
Lukasz from Feliks Audio was very helpful and responsive as well. He replied to all my questions and assisted with smooth delivery.

P.S. Just one question to experienced tube rollers, does power tubes have any influence on the sound and does it make sense to replace power tubes with better ones?

From my experiences with the Espressivo and Espressivo MKII the power tubes don't make a huge difference, only a small change. Definitely focus on the driver tubes first.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fel...-mkii-otl-tube-amp-impressions-thread.850052/

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #81 of 542

You are right, it is an exquisite amp in both looks and sound. It makes me want more big headphones. :yum:

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #82 of 542
You are right, it is an exquisite amp in both looks and sound. It makes me want more big headphones. :yum:
I understand you, I have ZMF Atticus and it is BIG and sounds fantastic with Echo. I still want to play with tube rolling to increase sub-bass a little bit (any suggestions on tubes with good sub-bass are welcome:L3000:) And though I like Atticus very much, its bigger brother Eicon is tempting. Well, I must stop and just enjoy my equipment...sometime...in the future...maybe:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #83 of 542
Hi
Is here anybody using the Audeze LCD-2 Classic with the Echo and likes to share some impressions? I'm asking because Feliks recommends cans from 100-600 Ohms, while the Audeze goes with 70. Using the Beyers 1990Pro now, which to me sound great. But looking for something else, just for a change and heard great reviews about the Audeze. I understand, the Audeze are completely different from the Beyers. But I probably would drive both cans anyway, depending on the music.
Many thanks
KC

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #84 of 542
Hi
Is here anybody using the Audeze LCD-2 Classic with the Echo and likes to share some impressions? I'm asking because Feliks recommends cans from 100-600 Ohms, while the Audeze goes with 70. Using the Beyers 1990Pro now, which to me sound great. But looking for something else, just for a change and heard great reviews about the Audeze. I understand, the Audeze are completely different from the Beyers. But I probably would drive both cans anyway, depending on the music.
Many thanks
KC
I have the Echo, but gave my son my LCD-2's. I'll see if he can bring them next time he visits and I'll give them a listen. Meanwhile, I have two low impedance headphones (Focal Elegia and Meze Empyrian) which both sound good with the Echo. That said ... my high impedance ZMF Atticus so sound better with the Echo. If you move up to the Elise, however, it covers a wider range of headphones.

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #85 of 542
Hi
Many thanks
KC

I have the LCD 2 Classic and the Echo, they pair fine. Still I prefer using my solidstate amp with the lcd2c.

Using the Echo only with my T1 and HD600 and they pair really good :)

Apr 15, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #89 of 542
I don't see any HD650/Massdrop HD6xx impressions with the Echo. If anyone can help here, it will be highly appreciated. My other option is the Valhalla 2 or the Lyr3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back