Feliks Audio Echo (new budget OTL amp)
Dec 29, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #168 of 552
ordered a feliks echo today for my christmas present :) will compare with my valhalla 2 ( using all 4 stock tubes of the valhalla in echo to compare directly the amps ) and ill leave a little rewiew comparaison here for anybody who is thinking of following this upgrade path like i did ! really excited for that beautiful amp !#!

I am interesred, thx

Dec 30, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #172 of 552
Thanks for this, will definitely give these a go next time, I bought the Feliks Echo about 2 months ago for my ZMF Verite Closed and was wondering what other tubes to try
I have both the VC and the Echo on the way. How are you liking the pairing?

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #173 of 552
ordered a feliks echo today for my christmas present :) will compare with my valhalla 2 ( using all 4 stock tubes of the valhalla in echo to compare directly the amps ) and ill leave a little rewiew comparaison here for anybody who is thinking of following this upgrade path like i did ! really excited for that beautiful amp !#!
I'm very curious to get your thoughts. Thx

Jan 13, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #174 of 552
Got an Echo recently. I know some people have had success using 12AU7 in place of 6922 in other applications, so I decided to take a spin on that with my Echo. But instead of the dual-triode 12AU7 I'm using two single-triode 6C4. There is a large and growing following of users of the 6C5/6J5 in place of 6SN7 and this is the same idea. Using two single-triodes in place of their double-triode equivalent has proven to be a significant sonic upgrade in every case. I asked @Deyan make some adapters, which would be the first of their kind. I haven't seen 6C4-to-6922 adapters anywhere else. It sounds wonderful as expected. I'm still evaluating and will post more impressions and comparisons in the near future. I have many 6C4 tubes to roll! I would imagine Liquid Platinum owners might be interested in this as well.

0113211544.jpg

0113211543.jpg

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #175 of 552
Hi. I just noticed that Echo V2 was released.

News from their website:
Increased power output
Better pairing with low impedance/planar magnetic headphones
Selectable 3 audio sources
More effective interference isolation
"Mute" function
Refreshed looks, more scratch and fingerprints resistant finish

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #176 of 552
Hi. I just noticed that Echo V2 was released.

News from their website:
Increased power output
Better pairing with low impedance/planar magnetic headphones
Selectable 3 audio sources
More effective interference isolation
"Mute" function
Refreshed looks, more scratch and fingerprints resistant finish
Saw that too...
1612544877522.png

Product page: here

Feb 5, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #177 of 552
Just came across this thread, and am super interested in this comparison if you still have the possibility to do it!

Feb 5, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #179 of 552
The original echo was a bargain. The espressivio is replaced by the echo 2 I guess.
I noticed the same thing. I guess the two were so close together that an improved Echo sort of naturally replaced the Espressivo. Or perhaps they have other plans. I know about one, but that is a new balanced tube headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back