feedback on vsonic gr02?
Nov 1, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #2 of 19
Yes, it is just a rename so GR02 = R02 + more accessories.

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #4 of 19
Apr 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 19
Can anyone comment on these? The GR02 Bass edition is only $36 which is about my price range. I was consiering the MEE SP51's and Klipsch S4 (but waiting for a sale). Considering these also pending feedback

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #7 of 19
GR02 Bass edition is better sounding than S4 and almost as good as SP51, so I'll recommend you skip the S4 all together. Sound signature wise, GR02 bass is very similar to SP51 on the bass tuning plate - dynamic, fun, warm and sweet. SP51 just wins in a hair for better treble extension. Unless you can find SP51 for the same price, GR02 bass edition should be one of the best IEM in the price bucket.

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #8 of 19

Well that sounds pretty perfect to me! Can anyone else vouch for it? 

How is the price point of $36 inc shipping? Does it go on sale much? LendMeUrEars is where I've seen them...

Quote:
GR02 Bass edition is better sounding than S4 and almost as good as SP51, so I'll recommend you skip the S4 all together. Sound signature wise, GR02 bass is very similar to SP51 on the bass tuning plate - dynamic, fun, warm and sweet. SP51 just wins in a hair for better treble extension. Unless you can find SP51 for the same price, GR02 bass edition should be one of the best IEM in the price bucket.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #10 of 19
How is the price point of $36 + shipping? Does it go on sale much? LendMeUrEars is where I've seen them...

The only real competition I can see on the same price range will be the SoundMAGIC E10, and I'll say GR02 Bass edition sounds slightly better though they are pretty close to each other.

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #11 of 19
How about the build quality of the GR02 Bass Edition? Compared with my old CX300's... Also how to the M9's compare? I can get them for $15usd less than the GR02...

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #12 of 19
How about the build quality of the GR02 Bass Edition? Compared with my old CX300's... Also how to the M9's compare? I can get them for $15usd less than the GR02...

It is slightly better built than the old R02 Pro II (a.k.a. the regular GR02), and looks better than CX300 and M9. In fact, I'll say VSONIC has some of the most consistent good build quality in their products among all the Chinese IEM maker.

Jun 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #13 of 19
Having both the GR02 silver cable, extended bass, edition and the SM A151 its 51a close call, but the Vsonic  is more fun, better bass
and absolutely killer for electronic music.  the A151 is more accurate, has better treble extension and midrange clarity and better for acoustic
or classical music, and is of course a duel armature design, giving it more detail.  my go to pocket earphone is the vsonic, which delights me
for ipod music, internet radio stations like HBR1 out of Germany (killer psytrance) and the GR)2 improves the sound of those compressed signals.
if you can get both and enjoy for deifferent sources.  the new A161 has received from great reviews and MEelectronics is running specials on it
(see deal thread for earphones..) ...drbluenewmexico

Jun 23, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #15 of 19
I'm currently using the GR02 Bass Edition and listen to mainly heavy metal. I would say that they definitely make listening to metal fun. Despite the name, the bass does not overpower. Guitars sound meaty, solos OK.

Another good thing going for it is little to no sibilance. I get annoyed by it easily. That's the reason I abandoned the SP51s. The GR02 doesn't suffer this problem, so solos, cymbals and high shrieks don't hurt the ears 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back