feedback on vsonic gr02?
Jun 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #16 of 19
I'm currently using the GR02 Bass Edition and listen to mainly heavy metal. I would say that they definitely make listening to metal fun. Despite the name, the bass does not overpower. Guitars sound meaty, solos OK.

Another good thing going for it is little to no sibilance. I get annoyed by it easily. That's the reason I abandoned the SP51s. The GR02 doesn't suffer this problem, so solos, cymbals and high shrieks don't hurt the ears 

that is really great to hear, thanks for your input. im currently using the good old ep-630's and its practically impossible to listen to metal due to the insane harshness. im really hoping the gr02 will make metal fun once again

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
Is it better than the Astrotec AM-90s and Dunu trident?

YES,  The Astrotec is a BA driver and sounds really good, but for rock/metal the GR02 is MILES ahead, Not a big fan of the Dunu, Not enough sparkle, very Am radio sounding.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
Is it better than the Astrotec AM-90s and Dunu trident?

I have both the AM-90 and GR02 BE.. IMO the astrotec have better clarity especially in the mid, so for genre such as jazz or acoustic I prefer them to GR02 BE. GR02 BE have more fun and all-rounder sound signature, with quite deep and strong bass.. IMO the GR02 BE are more suitable for a wider selection of music genre..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back