FEDEX SUCKS!!
Jul 2, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #18 of 31
I generally have good experiences with FedEx, UPS and the USPS. Can't really think of a botched delivery coming or going that I've been involved with.

What I don't do is get terribly worked up over delivery dates. If something takes an extra day or two, I don't mind. There are more important things to worry about. I worked for UPS during undergrad. We had something over 250,000 packages going through the hub when I was there. Sometimes, things got put on the wrong truck and/or otherwise misrouted. When you're dealing with that kind of volume, a margin of error is inevitable. What I took away from the experience, however, was that the company and its employees cared about getting things right and always tried to fix the goofs. The good faith was there. So if something turns up a couple of days late, I don't sweat it.

In my line of work, sometimes the timing of document delivery is critical. When that's the case, I use a private courier. Our service is impeccably reliable and Omid, our rep, is probably the most trustworthy person I've come across in this lifetime. Thank the assorted deities that that is client billable.

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #19 of 31
UPS and Fedex SUCKS period. ESPECIALLY TO CANADA. NEVER, EVER SHIP USING EITHER COMPANY TO CANADA. I've been stuck with hundreds of dollars of ridiculous brokerage fees ON TOP of customs.

Jul 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #21 of 31
Well, since Purolator is Canadian ("Purolator Courier Ltd. is a Canadian courier that is 91% owned by Canada Post[1], 7% owned by Barry Lapointe Holdings Ltd. and 2% by Others."), I haven't gotten anally raped by them. But I'm sure that's in store in the future.

Jul 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #22 of 31

Quote:
UPS and Fedex SUCKS period. ESPECIALLY TO CANADA. NEVER, EVER SHIP USING EITHER COMPANY TO CANADA. I've been stuck with hundreds of dollars of ridiculous brokerage fees ON TOP of customs.

How many times did it take before you began to ask the person or business doing the shipping not to use those companies. I slammed my dingaling in a sliding glass door when I was five or six. I made sure not to do that again.

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #25 of 31

Quote:
UPS UPS Standard and Fedex Fedex Ground SUCK period. ESPECIALLY TO CANADA. NEVER, EVER SHIP USING EITHER COMPANY specific service from each company TO CANADA unless the value is well below $20. I've been stuck with hundreds of dollars of ridiculous brokerage fees ON TOP of customs.

Fixed it for you.

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #26 of 31
angry_face.gif

Jul 6, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #28 of 31
As a Canadian, I hate both Fedex and UPS for international shipping-- they just charge unreasonable handling fees for it. Customs have annoying fees, but those two guys just make the value of whatever product you bought for whatever price suddenly seem not as worth it.

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #29 of 31
UPS, FedEx work fine for me and while USPS' tracking is pretty much useless I still applaud their service. The Post guy tries 2 or three times to deliver on the same day so how can I complain.

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #30 of 31
Hi !

It's shopping time and recommend to avoid to FedEx ,I share with you this video, my Lexicon power amplifier suffered a heavy blow :frowning2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggeJJD4cIAI

Regards 

Carlos Barrera

Users who are viewing this thread

Back