FEDEX SUCKS!!
Jun 29, 2010 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

blur510

100+ Head-Fier
wow sorry I needed to rant!! So far I have bought 6 things from the classified 4 of the 6 sent it by USPS all of them got here in 2 days (all from the eastern part of the US) 1 in 3 days (from Ireland) the other 2 sent through FEDEX isnt here yet its been 4  days and my HP from Cali isn't here yet, It was shipped less than 2 hours from my house.  Further more the tracking number said that it was processed in San Diego this morning, but is not due for delivery, so they are holding it in the processing center 1 whole day before they put it in a delivery truck!  I used to thing that USPS sucks till now. 

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 31
If it was shipped via fedex ground, you got what you paid for. If you want it faster then pay for the 3day service :wink: If you don't need tracking and the item is somewhat light, the fastest (and usually cheapest) way to ship an item is USPS.

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 31
Well at least you got your item in one piece, me i remember sending my item through canadapost when the buyer receive my item he had to recable the headphones since the package has been battered really bad it looks like somebody sit on it or something

Jun 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #5 of 31
I've never had any problems with Fed-Ex. Can't say that about UPS and USPS

Jun 30, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #6 of 31
I've had no problems with Fedex although I don't use them very often. They are more expensive than USPS however. I find USPS the best and cheapest is done within ConUS.

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #8 of 31
FEDEX is the absolute worst IMO, I have had nothing but horrible experience with fedex deliveries in three different cities/addresses, thats consistent enough for me to avoid them whenever I can. They almost always postpone delivery on the day of delivery, and give utterly vague information with pointless tracking. UPS in my area atleast has been a LOT better and on time almost always.

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #9 of 31
It really depends on the area.  I hated FedEx for a while but for office stuff it's brilliant.  When I was in Brooklyn it was the better of the two (UPS and FedEx though it was more of the lesser of the two evils than anything else) but having moved to Queens, FedEx has become really bad with tracking and they hold things unnecessarily long.  UPS on the other hand has been a joy because they deliver after 6pm so my fiancee and/or I can be home from work to get our deliveries instead of camping out.

It really varies.   But I can relate to the OP.  It's odd when I get USPS faster than these far pricier 3rd party services.

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #10 of 31
I avoid UPS myself. They took credit card for whatever fee when the delivery guy showed up at the door with my package. But now, they won't take credit cards at all. They will mail a bill to you and it is not payable online, in any banks, not even UPS outlet. You have to mail them an actual cheque, how stupid!

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:
its been 4  days and my HP from Cali isn't here yet, It was shipped less than 2 hours from my house.  Further more the tracking number said that it was processed in San Diego this morning, but is not due for delivery, so they are holding it in the processing center 1 whole day before they put it in a delivery truck!  I used to thing that USPS sucks till now. 

You're basically complaining that you got exactly the service you paid for.  It will be delivered on the scheduled date as promised.

Also, seriously. Spoke-hub distribution paradigm, read about it. I can't believe how often this comes up, and how many people still complain about it even when it's explained to them. FedEx is not going to alter their distribution chain to make a special delivery directly to your house from the sender.

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #13 of 31
What I am saying it that Fedex costs more money, and it's slower.  So all this you got what you pay for is nonsense, since it could have been sent USPS for less money and would have gotten here faster with tracking. 
Quote:
You're basically complaining that you got exactly the service you paid for.  It will be delivered on the scheduled date as promised.

Also, seriously. Spoke-hub distribution paradigm, read about it. I can't believe how often this comes up, and how many people still complain about it even when it's explained to them. FedEx is not going to alter their distribution chain to make a special delivery directly to your house from the sender.

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #14 of 31

Quote:

beerchug.gif
Me either...

Some people just shouldn't  use shipping companies. Go pick your stuff up in person if the shipping companies are too inconvenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back