Federer vs. Roddick tonight!!!
Jan 25, 2007 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

virometal

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm still debating whether to stay up for this one. Either way it should be high drama for tennis fans.

The stoic Swiss against the brash American; Conners is now coaching Andy for jimmney sake. I cannot wait.

In other Aussie open news, Serena just out pounded Vaidisova. The American just wore down the Chech with pace.

Up next Sharapova vs. Clijsters. In what should be another who can hit harder contest.

Anyone else paying attention to the Australian Open?

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 62
It's on at like 3:30am Thursday morning, so we'll be Tivoing it
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 62
Ya I am paying attention

I am a HUGE Federer fan. I also would rank Roddick as my 2nd or 3rd favorite player, but I think Roddick will win this match. Simply because the only flaw, was his opening match, many many moons ago

Roddick in four

Though either one winning, is fine as long as they win in the finals

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile
It's on at like 3:30am Thursday morning, so we'll be Tivoing it

Geesh I know. That is what I should do. It will be broadcast tomorrow during the day as well. But, somehow I always end up finding out the result.

Think I'm going to get all red bull'ed up and burn the early morning oil!

Maybe Federer will come out with that look, and it will be over soon anyway.

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #5 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Roddick in four

Really? I think Roddick doesn't match-up well with Federer. His speed is average and Roger's all court game exposes Andy to that. Andy can't overpower Roger like he can others. I'd say Federer in four.

The one thing I'm hoping for is a good match though! We'll see who's right.

In the current match, does Sharapova look sharp now or what? Clijsters may be in trouble.

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 62
It's an evening game and even now (12.35ET) Laver looks to be slow.

What Roddick could do different...if Maestro is healthy (he said he is) it could be over early in the second set..or late in the third.

Wake up at 5AM to see the steamer roll

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #9 of 62
Stay up; you know you want to! Aus Open night matches are the best, and this one could be really good. It will be a close battle, or JesusFed will be out in full force and rip Roddick a new one. Either way would be very entertaining to see.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #10 of 62
Federer's currently 3 up in the second set...he is pulling off some ridiculous shots. I am rooting for Roddick, but Federer is amazing to watch.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #11 of 62
All hail the great JesusFed!
eek.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #12 of 62
I am happy to see Roddick win that last game just now in the third set. Though the match will likely end with the following game, its awesome to see Roddick not letting up at all.

Jan 25, 2007 at 11:08 AM Post #14 of 62
Well I missed the game but caught the write up and, according to one of the commentators on the BBC, Federer was playing some of the best tennis that he had ever seen.

Maybe from a 'competative game' viewpoint it was disappointing but then again when someone like Federer is playing his best who can stop him from steamrollering over them?

Jan 25, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #15 of 62
That was quick!
blink.gif
blink.gif
I went off to check my emails and the whole thing was over...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back