February 4th 2007, Benelux meet in The Netherlands!
Jan 27, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #136 of 249
Hey,
I'd like to confirm my visit at the meet. I just need to attend it, so many phones+music+ people with the same interest, Great!
My examweek is over so I have plenty of time, I only have to take care of the transport.
I'll bring my corda ha-2 mkII se, which is also for sale!!
I'd sure like to hear your Vincent digitalmind, have heard/read great stuff about those..
Luuk

Jan 27, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #137 of 249
Good to hear.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Vincent is great, meaty sounding without missing detail. It's a very good player though, which shows flaws in CD's. It makes some of my better cd's very nice to hear, but a bad cd will not be all that nice sounding I'm afraid. I'm actually debating keeping my 640c around for those bad cd's.

Added to the list!

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #138 of 249
The final countdown has begun
smily_headphones1.gif

Which also starts my 'omg i'm still figuring out how to get there' tour.
I'm from Amersfoort (that's near Utrecht in the dead center of the Netherlands), with all the stuff I'm bringing along I really don't like the idea of going by train, bus and bus (oh teh horror of switching bus with a tube amp, a dac, a solid state, 3 headphones ... ).

So the big question is, is there any1 passing or nearly passing Amersfoort with space enough for me and my gear? I'll pay the gas.

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #140 of 249
Oh, and my gear list is:

Etymotic ER-4p
Etymotic ER-6i
Altec Lansing iM716 (podectomized)
Xin Feng SuperMacro IV LE

I think one or two items are missing, but I can't remember which ones and I'm kinda sleepy now
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #142 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Contrary to what is mentioned in the list I wont bring (don't even own) a Corda HA-2 MKII SE to the meet.

I noticed BigEar in the list for bringing OII/007 , but he is not in the guest list...

Luuk or Kees, two four letter very dutch names, I get confused easily.
biggrin.gif

Fixed!

Charles, added the IEM's.

Kees, the two tape inputs still work on the preamp, though they work no matter what input is selected, and they can be selected by the "Monitor" dial rather than the "Program" dial. None of the other inputs seem to work, nor does the balance. Something is clearly out of whack, but it works for what I need until I take a peek inside. It sounds great and I can't thank you enough!

Rik

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #147 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Luuk or Kees, two four letter very dutch names, I get confused easily.
biggrin.gif

Fixed!

Charles, added the IEM's.

Kees, the two tape inputs still work on the preamp, though they work no matter what input is selected, and they can be selected by the "Monitor" dial rather than the "Program" dial. None of the other inputs seem to work, nor does the balance. Something is clearly out of whack, but it works for what I need until I take a peek inside. It sounds great and I can't thank you enough!

Rik

Good to hear you like it. The balance is purposely taken out of the circuit, so that is no part of the problem.
I hope you can fix the rest of the circuit, it is a great preamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back