February 4th 2007, Benelux meet in The Netherlands!
Jan 31, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #166 of 249
I kind of lost whose that was, and was afraid to ask since it'd make me look like a fool.
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #167 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kind of lost whose that was, and was afraid to ask since it'd make me look like a fool.
biggrin.gif

So how do you feel now?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #169 of 249
Quote:

I also discovered that I allready had your adres, so that and the forgetting the name makes me feel like a fool, quite obviously.

Like I said earlier, this is going to be on fine weekend!
icon10.gif

Are we all going to have dinner together after the meet?

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #170 of 249
Great, see you all on sunday. I must say I am quite curious to hear the ultrasone headphones. I heard some peoples say that you either loved them or hated them, I am curious to see in which side I am.

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #171 of 249
Not fair! Finally there's a meet in The Netherlands and I emigrated!

Feb 1, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #172 of 249
I hope you all are as exited as I am. I'm really looking forward to this. Should be strange but also cool to meet fellow patients in the flesh.
I have assembled some tips I've picked up on this forum from the experiences of other meetings.

Before you leave home:
- Check the inventory list ìn the first post and try to pick out the gear you want to evaluate for sure. If time runs out you will be sorry you haven’t made a selection up front.
- Label all your gear. There will also be labelled tie-raps available at the meeting for you to use.
- Take enough power strips with you.
- Take music with you that you think is interesting or that you need for evaluation.
- Wash your hair.
- Be sure you are in a good mood.

I don't think there's enough interest for the binaural item, so we'll skip that altogether.

If for some reason you can't make it, no hard feelings, but please inform me asap.
Everybody's welcome as long as you're expected. If you want to come and you haven't told me (or the forum) yet, please do so now.

Route:
for those of you with tomtom and the like: look for postal code 4531CX. There are three Nieuwstraten in Terneuzen, so pick the right one.
for those of you with only common sence: follow the signs centrum, scheldetheater. It's probably best to park in the underground car park Scheldeplein. It's gets busy in Terneuzen during weekends because of the amount of Belgium and French 'tourists'. The only car park free of charge is near the harbour. The hotel is very close to the Scheldeplein car park.

Restaurant free to enter and to set up gear: 10 o'clock.
(sort of) official start at 11 o'clock.

See you all on Sunday then!

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #173 of 249
Good points Ton. Is there room near the hotel to unload the car before parking it?

Kees, Procreate, and Chimpie, I'll send you a time line of when I pick you up later today.
I'm sorry Kees, but I think you'll have to get up quite early.
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #174 of 249
Quote:

Good points Ton. Is there room near the hotel to unload the car before parking it?
biggrin.gif

During weekends there are pilons (those #$%* red and white obstructions) in the road close to the hotel, so you have to walk a bit. The underground car park is also there.

Feb 1, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #176 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great summary, Ton, can't hardly wait!
biggrin.gif

And since I've never been to your fair city before, what might the primary 'tourist' attraction of Terneuzen be?

I'd never use the term 'fair' in combination with 'Terneuzen'...
The socalled tourists come for the main attractions, that this city is famous for, at least in Belgium and France: coffeeshops.

Feb 1, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #178 of 249
Quote:

OK, got it!
smokeing.gif

You allways have the best smilies
biggrin.gif

I checked Echo Audio Danny's agenda today at the shop, and there was no mention of the meet...
I guess he has one more agenda of his own...

Personally I'm more interested in what you guys will bring.
Then maybe I can finally make a decision on what I want for myself.

I can recommand you to follow the tips of Digitalmind, if you park in the underground car park Scheldeplein, it's like a 50 mtr walk to his restaurant.

I guess I'll be the only one without a misformed head
very_evil_smiley.gif
at the meet, since I do most of my listening with loudspeakers
biggrin.gif

A big balled head that is, but still...
confused.gif

Untill sunday then, and let's hope Danny comes through (I can;t imagine he won't...)
Maybe Ton knows more than I do, I have been very busy last week, and had no contact with the shop until today, and Danny wasn't there today...

Feb 1, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #179 of 249
Quote:

OK, got it!
smokeing.gif

Indeed: mindblowing.

I use headgear to get the same effect. Not necessarily cheaper, but longer lasting, always available, environmentally friendly and better for my health and that of everyone in my surroundings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back