February 4th 2007, Benelux meet in The Netherlands!
Feb 4, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #226 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does Kees.
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't know how the W1000 is the best of closed headphones...lol. How did you all like the K1000?

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #227 of 249
Is an L 3000 a better closed can than the w 1000?
I don't know them...
What brand..?
Do you have a link to them?

Today I heard for the first time a K 1000 and was very impressed!
Clearly the best can, period!
icon10.gif

But not what I'm looking for, I need a closed one...
Unless something else comes on my path, I think I know what I want, for now, I wouldn't mind owning a K 1000 for that rare occasion that loudspeakers won't do, and a closed can is not called for
k1000smile.gif

I don't know, a w 1000 isn't exactly cheap, but then it isn't neccesary to use it with a headphone amp, wich is a distinct pre for me.
I like to just plug it in, and enjoy (reminds me of something else, I am gonna pay some attention to the wife now...)
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #228 of 249
The L3000 are around ten times more expensive than the W1000, far superior in almost every way. I used to own a pair of W100's, the L3000 are a completely different breed.
ATH-l3000.jpg

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #229 of 249
Looks like you had fun. Pity I couldn't make, you'd all have been Hornet converts
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #230 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The L3000 are around ten times more expensive than the W1000, far superior in almost every way. I used to own a pair of W100's, the L3000 are a completely different breed.
ATH-l3000.jpg

They look the part, that's for sure!
Ten times as much...
Not for me then...

After yesterday it was clear to me that headphone listening has second place after listening to the loudspeakers for me, so I think 700 euros is (more than) enough for me to pay for a headphone.

I'm in no hurry to buy one. and who knows what will come on my way
3000smile.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #231 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like you had fun. Pity I couldn't make, you'd all have been Hornet converts
tongue.gif

Well actually I had both a Hornet and SR71 available although not mentioned on the list. I know one or two listened to it maybe they can post if they have been converted?

Rgds

Hans

Feb 5, 2007 at 11:43 AM Post #232 of 249
As I drove home yesterday, I realised I forgot to listen to Hans' 701...
frown.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #234 of 249
For me, there's bad news and good news.

The bad thing was that I did not like any of the phones I wanted to listen to more then my own. The good thing is that I did not like any of the phones I wanted to listen to more then my own.
cool.gif
Saves me some bucks!

Maybe for just one exception: the AKG K-701's. I tend to like those but I would have to listen to them some more. Brand new there quite expensive so whenever I would come across some used ones for a reasonable price I might just jump on the wagon and buy them.

Just keeping my eyes on the For Sale forum now...

For the rest it was a fun meeting. Thanks all.

Matthieu

Feb 5, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #235 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whenever you are in the neighbourhood you are invited I have different set ups in the showroom. Maybe when you drop by to pick up the W1000?

600smile.gif

Rgds

Hans

Hum...
plainface.gif

I'm not ready to buy yet, but who knows..?
blink.gif

With the best regards,
3000smile.gif

Johnny

Feb 5, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #236 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I could have brought my L3000s
smily_headphones1.gif

So do I...

Feb 5, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #237 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know, a w 1000 isn't exactly cheap, but then it isn't neccesary to use it with a headphone amp, wich is a distinct pre for me.
I like to just plug it in, and enjoy (reminds me of something else, I am gonna pay some attention to the wife now...)
wink.gif

did the wife appreciate it?

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #238 of 249
Hey Matthieu, if you are think about K701 you must think about one good amp for them. They are one of the pickiest phones to drive, but my Aspen did pretty nice job pairing with them, IMO.
I see that you are from Rdam as well, so we can do some short meet when you are ready. My Aspen still for sale, so think abou it...
k1000smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonesinc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, there's bad news and good news.

The bad thing was that I did not like any of the phones I wanted to listen to more then my own. The good thing is that I did not like any of the phones I wanted to listen to more then my own.
cool.gif
Saves me some bucks!

Maybe for just one exception: the AKG K-701's. I tend to like those but I would have to listen to them some more. Brand new there quite expensive so whenever I would come across some used ones for a reasonable price I might just jump on the wagon and buy them.

Just keeping my eyes on the For Sale forum now...

For the rest it was a fun meeting. Thanks all.

Matthieu

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #239 of 249
Great pics.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillmetoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]Too early for me to write a thorough impression. But want to share some pictures. Telex style it is. Didn’t know what to expect. Still going through it all in my mind. In any case an experience I’ll never forget. Met some nice people. Need to do this again sometime. See you all soon.[/size]

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #240 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillmetoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did the wife appreciate it?

No less than usual...
evil_smiley.gif

Just kiddin'
biggrin.gif

No complains there!
biggrin.gif

Although, ever since I'm entangled in the subculture called Head-fi, she thinks I'm a little weird...
frown.gif

I'll just have to blow her mind with some good headphone sound one of these days, that will cure her
very_evil_smiley.gif

Shouldn't be much of a problem, she loves music even more than I do (if that's possible...)
cool.gif

Hmm...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back