February 4th 2007, Benelux meet in The Netherlands!
Feb 5, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #241 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great pics.
wink.gif

Yeah, especially the one where I seem to have teeth like a rabbit...
confused.gif

Maybe Ton "photoshopped" that one especialy for me...
evil_smiley.gif

Hmm...
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #242 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, especially the one where I seem to have teeth like a rabbit...
confused.gif

Maybe Ton "photoshopped" that one especialy for me...
evil_smiley.gif

Hmm...
wink.gif

No I didn't, but don't temp me...

Feb 5, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #243 of 249
That was the first and the last time that you were autorised to take my picture, didn't even warn me so I could hold in my stomach or nothing
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #245 of 249
I would like to thank you all for this fantastic meet (especially Ton for hosting).

It is really an "eye opening" experience for a relative newbie like me to be able to listen to all that high end gear. It really helped me see in which direction I need to aim for my future purchases
smily_headphones1.gif

It made me realise a few things. First is that once you are in 100+ euros headphones the quality improvement gained by going up a level are quite incremental and that money may be better spent on a pair of headphones that sounds different (such as the ultrasone) instead of slightly better. Second it made me realise that the amp does make more of a difference than I expected, and third it made me realise that silver interconnect do actually sound different than copper (thanks for making me try the cable hoosterw).

before the meet I was pondering between going up in the senn or beyer line or buying an ultrasone, now I am pondering between the ultrasone and an amp + cable upgrade.

I'll see when I get my performance bonus from work (If my performance was good enough I may be able to afford both
biggrin.gif
)

It was very nice meeting you all.

Feb 24, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #248 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a shame that I missed out on this one. From now on, I'll watch this forum more frequently and I hope that in the (near) future such an event will take place again in Holland.

regards,

Sorry to say, but indeed, you did miss out on a fine experience.
I don't know your location and if you're familiar with the upcoming meet in Dusseldorf, but here's a link.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216169

Users who are viewing this thread

Back