Feature A New Chip! FiiO Portable HiFi Music Player M11 Plus Is Officially Released!
May 15, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #61 of 79
Still waiting for this mythical beast to arrive in the UK to buy.
Where art thou Fiio? :triportsad:
They are in short supply. I find some local suppliers wait for orders which is why they might always show as preorder status. So, you might find you’ll get it within 2 weeks of preordering. That happened to me when I ordered the BTA30 Pro from Advanced MP3 Players.

Why not buy “direct”? I did and didn’t regret it. They are showing 29 in stock today. I had it in less than 2 weeks. Due to its cost, they only ship with DHL. So, it’s roughly 8-10 days.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #63 of 79
May 15, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #64 of 79
Wow that’s the same price excluding VAT on Ali. So, officially this represents an amazing deal. That is providing they are shipping from the UK and not just a front for Ali supply. Seems to indicate 3-day delivery meaning it should be local.
Beware of any online store that hides its address, company reg details and has only a form to contact them. All these are required by UK law. I'll stick to the legit sites.

May 15, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #65 of 79
May 16, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #66 of 79
Still waiting for this mythical beast to arrive in the UK to buy.
Where art thou Fiio? :triportsad:
In the same boat. Have had a preorder with advanced mp3 players since the end of March, at which time it was "expected by 15th April". Still no sign, though the last contact I had with them they hoped to get some in this month. I'm also reluctant to order from avshops as it does look a bit dodgy! Plus I had a 15% code at amp3 so got the price down to £552, which currently makes it worth the wait!

May 16, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #67 of 79
In the same boat. Have had a preorder with advanced mp3 players since the end of March, at which time it was "expected by 15th April". Still no sign, though the last contact I had with them they hoped to get some in this month. I'm also reluctant to order from avshops as it does look a bit dodgy! Plus I had a 15% code at amp3 so got the price down to £552, which currently makes it worth the wait!
And a few hours after posting this, I got my dispatch notification :beyersmile:

May 17, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #68 of 79
Did anyone got the Bluetooth Delay solved yet? I am trying to watch a live concert with the M11 Plus and its impossible. Its like 1s delay which is enough to make everything so crazy out of sync, that its unwatchable

May 18, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #69 of 79
Did anyone got the Bluetooth Delay solved yet? I am trying to watch a live concert with the M11 Plus and its impossible. Its like 1s delay which is enough to make everything so crazy out of sync, that its unwatchable
Dear friend,

Which Bluetooth codec are you using? And which app are you using? Will the same problem happen when using the app in other device?
If you are convenient, please send email to support@fiio.com about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 19, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #70 of 79
Dear friend,

Which Bluetooth codec are you using? And which app are you using? Will the same problem happen when using the app in other device?
If you are convenient, please send email to support@fiio.com about that.

Best regards
I am using LDAC but i found more informations!

Its like that

With the Sony NW-WM1Z, Bluetooth works fine on
  • Notebook (LDAC)
  • BluRay Player (LDAC)
  • Smartphone (LDAC)
With the M11 Plus ESS Bluetooth works fine on
  • BluRay Player (LDAC)
  • Smartphone (LDAC)
There is still an delay but its kinda okay. Its very small and sometimes when i pause and press play again, its almost gone.

But on the Notebook (LDAC) its +1 Second. So this issue only persists on the Notebook.

When i am using the USB DAC, it works much better, but there is still an small delay.

Because this only affects the Notebook, its no big issue (i use the Smartphone/BluRay Player most of the time) because i can easily use the USB DAC then (which charges the M11 Plus which is a nice bonus.

But if someone could reproduce that using a Desktop PC/Notebook, that be cool. Then maybe it could be solved there too.

I am using Linux on my Notebook (Does Windows support LDAC?) and when i used the Walkman (LDAC), or use any Bluetooth Headphones, there is no delay. WI-1000XM2 connected via LDAC, no issue.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #71 of 79

Its like that

• Notebook (LDAC)
  • BluRay Player (LDAC)
  • Smartphone (LDAC)
  • BluRay Player (LDAC)
  • Smartphone (LDAC)
There is still an delay but its kinda okay. Its very small and sometimes when i pause and press play again, its almost gone.

But on the Notebook (LDAC) its +1 Second. So this issue only persists on the Notebook.

When i am using the USB DAC, it works much better, but there is still an small delay.

Because this only affects the Notebook, its no big issue (i use the Smartphone/BluRay Player most of the time) because i can easily use the USB DAC then (which charges the M11 Plus which is a nice bonus.

But if someone could reproduce that using a Desktop PC/Notebook, that be cool. Then maybe it could be solved there too.

I am using Linux on my Notebook (Does Windows support LDAC?) and when i used the Walkman (LDAC), or use any Bluetooth Headphones, there is no delay. WI-1000XM2 connected via LDAC, no issue.

did you use the Walkman in this way [as a Bluetooth transmitter for audio from a video]? The issue with Sony’s own devices is that they may have proprietary enhancements/tuning that is not detailed such that other vendors using LDAC can replicate them.

LDAC is not a low latency codec. It’s not fit-for-purpose here. Also the M11 Plus is intended to do a good job for music. It’s not marketed to act as a good AV syncing device. I personally use the BTA30 Pro with my bedroom TV and Sony WF-XM4’s with LDAC but I fully accept this is likely to have latency issues. It’s a trade off. A little latency for the high quality sound.

Have you set the LDAC setting to Optimised for connection quality? That should have the lowest latency you can get with LDAC. Otherwise you need to give up on LDAC with this DAP for the purpose you describe. It’s just not what this DAP or LDAC are intended for.

May 19, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #72 of 79
did you use the Walkman in this way [as a Bluetooth transmitter for audio from a video]? The issue with Sony’s own devices is that they may have proprietary enhancements/tuning that is not detailed such that other vendors using LDAC can replicate them.

LDAC is not a low latency codec. It’s not fit-for-purpose here. Also the M11 Plus is intended to do a good job for music. It’s not marketed to act as a good AV syncing device. I personally use the BTA30 Pro with my bedroom TV and Sony WF-XM4’s with LDAC but I fully accept this is likely to have latency issues. It’s a trade off. A little latency for the high quality sound.

Have you set the LDAC setting to Optimised for connection quality? That should have the lowest latency you can get with LDAC. Otherwise you need to give up on LDAC with this DAP for the purpose you describe. It’s just not what this DAP or LDAC are intended for.
I've set to best quality but yes, i think i just have to accept the latency with the Notebook.

The most important thing is the BluRay Player and that seems to work without latency (for whatever reason, even on high quality mode).

I mean there is a tiny latency, but the Walkman had this too. It wasn't latency free. But its small enough, that it doesn't matter. Its not like Live Blurays are always 100% perfect in sync anyway, there is some margin of error, especially with modern ones with lot of cuts.

Its a bit sad because i sometimes watch youtube on my Notebook at work and now i have to plugin the USB Cable every time. I mean the latency is +1 second, its insane. Thats way beyond to everything i know. if you pause an video, you continue to hear it for more than a second.

But it doesn't seem to exist on Smartphone nor BluRay so not a big deal. If FiiO can look into it, im happy, but if not, then not.

May 20, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #73 of 79
I've set to best quality but yes, i think i just have to accept the latency with the Notebook.

The most important thing is the BluRay Player and that seems to work without latency (for whatever reason, even on high quality mode).

I mean there is a tiny latency, but the Walkman had this too. It wasn't latency free. But its small enough, that it doesn't matter. Its not like Live Blurays are always 100% perfect in sync anyway, there is some margin of error, especially with modern ones with lot of cuts.

Its a bit sad because i sometimes watch youtube on my Notebook at work and now i have to plugin the USB Cable every time. I mean the latency is +1 second, its insane. Thats way beyond to everything i know. if you pause an video, you continue to hear it for more than a second.

But it doesn't seem to exist on Smartphone nor BluRay so not a big deal. If FiiO can look into it, im happy, but if not, then not.
Have you checked what quality your BluRay-Player is sending? When one side of the system is "hard wired" to to best connection quality, the receiving device has to work with that. So I would guess that your Player and your Smartphone force that connection quality or use a fixed min. value for the connection quality (the reasoning for BluRay is obvious and for the Smartphone there could be the same as it would be optimized to please the masses, that wouldn't accept to much of a latency with videos).
I don' t see anything FiiO can do. Other than degrade sound quality for latency in HQ-LDAC-Mode and that would bring a new shitstorm.

May 22, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #74 of 79

Its like that

• Notebook (LDAC)
  • BluRay Player (LDAC)
  • Smartphone (LDAC)
  • BluRay Player (LDAC)
  • Smartphone (LDAC)

Dear friend,

We will report to the engineer to see whether they could check and improve about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 23, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #75 of 79
I've got one on order - pretty excited since I'm still rocking my first gen. X5! I also own a pair Senn HD 650s, and am probably going to be buying a balanced cable upgrade for them with the 4.4mm connector. I'm just curious if the M11 Plus will drive them sufficiently through the balanced output? I've been just getting started with researching power requirements, voltage, etc. and am still not really clear on what I'm reading - I'd sure love something in layman's terms. Anyway if anyone's got the simple answer for me that would be superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back