Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Feb 14, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #511 of 693
Quote:

yeah for me too, unless im on the train i dont ever listen to more than volume 3

Well lets hope they can do this. I think they should be able to since its firmware related. I really like HSA sound for general listening but with more volume control it would make it that much more useable. Hifi while still very good can sound a little bit closed in for my tastes. I like a more spread out presentation :). Still even on Hifi this player makes players like my iphone4 still sound closed in so maybe I'm being a bit harsh (gotta love the dynamics)...

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #512 of 693
Quote:

yeah for me too, unless im on the train i dont ever listen to more than volume 3

Woah this means the Nova has really quite a powerful amp built in already?

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #513 of 693
Quote:
Woah this means the Nova has really quite a powerful amp built in already?

Well if you are using Sensitive IEMs then yes it should be more than sufficient IMO. If I was to listen to this thing at even half volume for extended periods of time I'd destroy my own hearing.....

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #515 of 693
Unboxing

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #516 of 693
Quote:
Well if you are using Sensitive IEMs then yes it should be more than sufficient IMO. If I was to listen to this thing at even half volume for extended periods of time I'd destroy my own hearing.....

Err I ordered the N3 with the intention of pairing with the Heir Audio 4A and 1964 Ears V6. Would be more ideal if there is a wider range of volume adjustments available. I don't listen at loud volume certainly nowhere near half of max volume on my current portable source but having only "1" "2" and "3" volume levels available would be new to me.

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #518 of 693
Quote:
Err I ordered the N3 with the intention of pairing with the Heir Audio 4A and 1964 Ears V6. Would be more ideal if there is a wider range of volume adjustments available. I don't listen at loud volume certainly nowhere near half of max volume on my current portable source but having only "1" "2" and "3" volume levels available would be new to me.

If it is really an issue for you I'd say try use the User EQ preset at that really does lower the volume down and you get more headroom. Just I don't like the overall sound of it as much as I enjoy HSA and Hifi.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #519 of 693
My N3 has arrived. Firmware version is N3-2.0 2013-01-24. Still has flac file playing problem. I compared the sound with N1 after 24 hours burn-in. N3 sound is totally lighter than N1. N3 max. volume is the same with n1 level 29. And not bassy and not so hifi like Jack said. Jack said the new firmware will be released after chinese new year. (I guess next week?) He said it makes N3 max volume higher. If I dare say better point of N3 comare with N1, N3  is good for long time listening. I am looking forward the new firmaware comming.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #520 of 693
So the N3 is easier on the ears? Do you like the sound more or less? I actually like the fact that you say it has less volume. I already find the N1 to be too loud in many circumstances.... What about hiss levels? Are they about the same?

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #522 of 693
Quote:

What do you mean by "totally lighter"?

I think he means the N3 doesn't go as loud and that it's more of an airy sounding player with less bass emphasis? Probably more in line with the Studio V's sound which is on the brink of being bass light but manages to pull away from that. I could be wrong though....

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #523 of 693
Quote:
So the N3 is easier on the ears? Do you like the sound more or less? I actually like the fact that you say it has less volume. I already find the N1 to be too loud in many circumstances.... What about hiss levels? Are they about the same?

Yes, N3 is easier on the ears. I just like to enjoy the music with louder volume :)  Hiss level I feel mostly the same with N1, Unlike RoCooP,I do not mind the hiss level on NOVA series.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #524 of 693
Quote:
I think he means the N3 doesn't go as loud and that it's more of an airy sounding player with less bass emphasis? Probably more in line with the Studio V's sound which is on the brink of being bass light but manages to pull away from that. I could be wrong though....

I like bassy sound that most head-fier saying, The bass makes high tone sound clearer and more sharp, sometime. I said I like N1 sound now, but I could enjoy the N3 sound if I listening 10 minuits more. The differencess I noticed was found when I listen carefully to try to find the differences with the two players.  For other Head-fier, I recommend to choice N3 it would be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back