Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #526 of 693
Quote:
I meant the current N3 sound is smaller volume and more less bass comparing N1. The less bass that I feel, it caused by volume level for me. So I expect N3 EQ get better than N1 by next firmware update.

When you mentioned the sound in N3 is "totally lighter" than N1,  did you mean the sound in N3 is very thin?

Can you tell us how is the sound stage/3D imaging & vocal/instrument separation between N1 & N3, which is more superior?

Can you also compare N3 against Colorfly C3 in term of sound quality? I would like to know if N3 is an upgrade for C3.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #527 of 693
Does anyone have playlists working on the N1?

I use MediaMonkey for creation/mangement and have tried many options, with no success.
The player won't even see the files.

If you have one working, Post/share so we can sort of reverse-engineer lists for ourselves.

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #530 of 693
for people interested, spoke to jack, and in the next firmware there will be an update of a 50 point volume scale rather than 30, so we will be able to go lower than volume 1 (didnt think going lower than 1 would ever be a request but here we go)

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #531 of 693
Quote:
for people interested, spoke to jack, and in the next firmware there will be an update of a 50 point volume scale rather than 30, so we will be able to go lower than volume 1 (didnt think going lower than 1 would ever be a request but here we go)

Yes! :D. Killing two birds with one stone.

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #532 of 693
So far it seems sound quality is not an issue. But other little user friendly details such as where and how files should be placed in the sd card, recognising tags, playback of flac right from start of the track, range of volume control, [edit] playlist features, can be improved.

I agree that it would be good to be able to communicate these concerns to Jack and the staff at HisoundAudio.

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #533 of 693
Recognition of tags would improve the player alot in my mind, maybe it would be my main dap if it have that tag recognition and i could browse my sd card files on the music menu

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #534 of 693
Features I would like to see added to the Nova N1:

Auto power-off timer when music isn't playing.
Playlist support.
Default file/folder sorting by name.
Integration of SD card files and tags into MediaLib
Playback pause/resume when headphones removed/inserted (if hardware allows)

That's about it for now...

-G

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #535 of 693
My take on YOT's post is that they have the same gain and the N3 is more neutral and better for those looking at a more audiophile sound.

I got my N3. It just sounds and works amazingly well with wav.
bigsmile_face.gif
 That's actually fine with me but I think they'll need to get the FLAC sorted, at least on the N3 model.

It's very nicely textured, harmonic and even sounding. Perhaps a bit on the smooth side of things yet dynamics aren't lacking. It's not as solid as a 3rd anniversary nor gets as musically black but it also never sounds analytical while always very open and engaging. Not a weighty bass but a well defined one. While VERY textured, it doesn't sound to have any high frequency emphasis. It's just a VG player at making music. The FLAC bug is clear and there's a bit too much background noise for listening to FLAC right now. It's not a hiss but a constant brrr sort of thin that is more intrusive. If they can sort the FLAC thing it will be a force. Personally, it's not that big a deal to me as I maintain a wav library etc. but it would help their market share and those that are FLAC only users to experience a great little device. Oh and it's really good with MP3s. Haven't tried WMA.

I think HiSound calls it lush, smooth and extended with superior resolution and large soundstage. It isn't just hype.
bigsmile_face.gif
 In this case, lush would mean harmonically so instead of added bass warmth. They include a sound effects MP3 that is an absolute blast to hear. Things travel from a city block away on one side through your head to another block on the other and it's just sound so focused and clearly positioned. LOL Nothing to do with music but great fun.

Of course you need to accept the typical Chinese player tag sorting stuff on FLAC and WAV but it's certainly not unique there.  Other than getting back to the play page quickly the menu and nav is actually pretty good. I'll add or do a formal review when they've done a FW update or 2 but honestly, while I'd like some of the niggles sorted, I find it more than fine as is.

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #536 of 693
Quote:
Recognition of tags would improve the player alot in my mind, maybe it would be my main dap if it have that tag recognition and i could browse my sd card files on the music menu

what do you mean by tags? on my n1 the tags seem to work like normal when copying of itunes so i was a bit curious what other people are doing differently

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #539 of 693
Quote:
Has anyone in the US gotten their N3 yet? (that ordered from HisoundUK)

i dont think anyone would have, i think they are all shipped together (EU and USA) and i havent got mine yet, which i expect will come 2-3 days earlier than people in the USA. From the tracking it says it is awaiting custom charging. according to parcelforce this means that UK customs have not told them how much the customs charge will be. whist i feel like i have waited oddly long now i do appriciate the fact that i wont have to pay customs charges. its better than it being sent by standard delivery i guess, that would have taken even longer for the same price. Im hoping it is not too much longer now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back