Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Feb 13, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #496 of 693
Quote:
lmao you're not serious right? :wink:. The player is tiny, Tango. I'm quite positive it is using a memory chip similar to micro SD cards :). A SSD would be bigger than the player itself :p.

The dimensions of the N series pictured next to iPods of various generations depicts a player in roughly the same size league. I have done major surgery on iPods and found the hard drives are pretty small (1.8"). If Jaganee does open up the N3 and measures the hard drive we'll see what will physically fit in the player.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #497 of 693
Quote:
The dimensions of the N series pictured next to iPods of various generations depicts a player in roughly the same size league. I have done major surgery on iPods and found the hard drives are pretty small (1.8"). If Jaganee does open up the N3 and measures the hard drive we'll see what will physically fit in the player.

Nova is only 4.2 cm wide. I dont think even the 1.8" drives would fit.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #499 of 693
Quote:

I don't think even 1.8 inchers HDD would fit , the nova is the approximately the size of ipod nano of the current gen, or the 4th and 5th , which uses flash solid state drives, instead of the HDD used in the old ipods (Ipods never used HDD anymore after their ipod minis except on their fullsize)

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #500 of 693
the parcel is "now" awaiting custom clearence. I actually spoke to parcelforce yesterday and basically they said express 24 should have reached the UK in 24 hours, 48 max. i also spoke to hisoundUK after. what he told me was in essence, although he charged us all £5 for the shipping the cost of it is actually a lot more. if he sent each one seperately it would cost about £40 per parcel via express to each country. he has paid parcel force $120 for this next day shipping, and on top of that will pay between 6 and 10 pounds per parcel to ship it over. I did ask him why and he said;

right now it is not about making a profit for me but rather making a name for myself. Im really new in this bussiness and the market is already crowded as it is. I want top notch service to set myself apart and have really tried to offer that, however i have been let down by the shipping companies(and the weather). I had experience slow shipping last time with chinapost so opted to use the more expensive parcel force this time, which promised to get the parcel in 1 day. of course for this i have to spend a lot more than the £5 for shipping i have charged. In all each player is selling at a loss right now. Please dot take this as a complaint becuase i have chosen to take this loss myself but rather take it as me trying to explain that i really have tried my best to keep everything smooth. Personally this is my first venture into the bussiness world, and to make up for my lack of experience i have genuinely tried to keep everything as low cost as possible while keeping the standards high. I really believe in hisound as a company and so am willing to risk some money now to bring it to the world and show that i can provide a quality product and service. Fortunately the shipping should still be quicker than a normal £5 shipping would give, but i was hoping for you guys to get the pacakges 5 days after them having shipped and think to yourself "that was damn quick". hopefully i wont be effected negatively in the feedback as i did mention it was a preorder and that the shipping could take a long time, but it may not work out like that. Heres to hoping everyone gets their products very quickly now.

thanks

hisoundUK

i for one dont mind waiting a little extra time and do hope this guy doesnt end up paying for parcelforces incompetence.

anyway the tracking now say this so it shouldnt be too long at all.
[tr] [th]
Date​
[/th] [th]
Time​
[/th] [th]
Location​
[/th] [th]
Tracking Event​
[/th]
[/tr]
[tr] [td]
12-02-2013​
[/td] [td]
17:24​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
Awaiting Customs clearance
[/td]
[/tr]

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #501 of 693
Quote:
lmao you're not serious right? :wink:. The player is tiny, Tango. I'm quite positive it is using a memory chip similar to micro SD cards :). A SSD would be bigger than the player itself :p.

There's a SanDisk SSD measuring 16mm x 20mm x 1.85mm with 128GB :wink:

A faster drive would maybe solve the issue with cutting off the first second, but I doubt that it's possible to realise a hard drive modification in the original NOVA housing.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #502 of 693
Quote:

A faster drive would maybe solve the issue with cutting off the first second, but I doubt that it's possible to realise a hard drive modification in the original NOVA housing.

isnt the cutting just a fade in/fade out setting? 

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #504 of 693
Quote:

Forget that it needs to actually fit the players internals LOL. That would have zero affect on the cutting of a fraction of a second. The issue is not the drive or a higher density wav file would do it as well. Besides, flash ram is plenty fast to begin with. There's an expansion slot. Use it.

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #506 of 693
Quote:
Forget that it needs to actually fit the players internals LOL. That would have zero affect on the cutting of a fraction of a second. The issue is not the drive or a higher density wav file would do it as well. Besides, flash ram is plenty fast to begin with. There's an expansion slot. Use it.

I just can never leave things well enough alone I guess. When I get a new car I swap in a bigger motor etc.

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #508 of 693
Quote:
thanks for the update big-man. hisoundUK (is his name Jack?) is definitely a Good Guy Greg

no i think his name is ian, jack is the hisound guy who is in china. thanks for the update on the fading btw, here i thought it was just trying to be a bit snazzy xD is this something that happens on players often? and am i right in saying you guys think it is because there is not enough memory for certain types of files?

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #509 of 693
Quote:

no i think his name is ian, jack is the hisound guy who is in china. thanks for the update on the fading btw, here i thought it was just trying to be a bit snazzy xD is this something that happens on players often? and am i right in saying you guys think it is because there is not enough memory for certain types of files?

The fade in seems to be in issue with FLAC. From what I hear it won't happen on WAV so it could very well be a firmware issue (hopefully). I also hope they allow for more volume control. I'd personally like even lower volume on the lowest settings. I wonder if they can add more volume steps to accommodate for this? On certain tracks even volume 1 is too loud for me.....

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #510 of 693
Quote:
The fade in seems to be in issue with FLAC. From what I hear it won't happen on WAV so it could very well be a firmware issue (hopefully). I also hope they allow for more volume control. I'd personally like even lower volume on the lowest settings. I wonder if they can add more volume steps to accommodate for this? On certain tracks even volume 1 is too loud for me.....

yeah for me too, unless im on the train i dont ever listen to more than volume 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back