Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Feb 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #466 of 693
Quote:
If you are referring to the X30 it's Audiofail IMO :wink:. I honestly don't want to even bother listening to it anymore. It's really not that impressive at all.... Going from memory, a Sansa Fuze sounds better IMO....
rolleyes.gif

You mentioned that you preferred the Studio V 3rd ANV than Nova N1.
May I know in term of sound stage/3D imaging & vocal/instrument separation, which is better?
Between the Studio V 3rd ANV and Nova N1, which one has a louder hiss?

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #467 of 693
Quote:
No big man I can hear hiss also. I'm not talking about that weird vibrating noise from the screen. I can also hear hiss initially when using the unit (also during music playback) or when the volume is set to 0. But once I listen to the player for a minute the hiss just goes away (get use to it I'm assuming) plus at the volumes most people listen at, it is really a non issue. But that noise you talk about with the screen on I could also hear constantly and even louder when using a 64 GB card. My card is fine. I used it in my Studio V 3rd ANV, the RWA AK100 and DX100 and never had that issue before. Just on these 2 players.

I didn't try and load any videos on it. I just figured it won't work and call it a day lol. The screen would be really crappy anyways to use for video. My eye sight is bad enough as is, don't need to make it worse lol. Still with the above said I am still very much enjoying this player. As a matter of fact I can picture myself using this player on a regular basis. Just I call things as I hear it. I'm honest in my points of view or what I mean to express. I only support products I believe in. As I like to say "I can't sell **** to save my life. But if it's something I believe in I'm unstoppable." :wink: The product deserves credit where credit is due and that it does sound damn good for a player of its size. It's quite shocking to be honest on the quality of the sound coming from such a small unit.....

Perhaps it is having the same issue as the studio v, i remember jack saying that the hiss on that was a lot worse when using sd as opposed to internal memory, so that could easily be the case here as well. I never noticed that it stays on after you shut it until it was pointed out which is pretty odd but i dont understand the electronics of it so i cant say why or anything, just that its a bit weird :p I spoke to jack on skype who has said he isnt sure about the video, i recommended it is removed in the next issue of the firmware as it may look bad,hopefully in exchange for playlist support, I have been using the hi-fi eq mostly and the HSAv1.0 also but like its been said, that one is really bright for some genres. i use the wooduo one with the wooduo2 as well as i really like that pairing.

to the people with the hold button, what do you mean? is the hold button not staying up (hardware issue with the switch) or does it not turn on even when the switch is on? i havent had that issue, what i have had is if i press the mic button by accident on the side, if i want to back out of the menu too quickly it just freeze the player on the home screen for 5-10 second. does anyone know if the recording can be disabled? not the A-B feature though, i really like that one, think its great to hear certain parts over and over when trying to transcribe guitar tabs.

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #468 of 693
Its not a hardware issue. When I push unlock button, player unloks and everything looks ok but I cant control it (buttons light up but dont react) so I have to lock it and unlock it again and then it works. Its not a big deal :).

Problem which bothers me more is that FLAC doesnt work properly when I had 850 music files (mp3s and FLACs) on SD card. When I come home tommorow I'm going to test how much files it can take before FLAC goes wrong.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #469 of 693
Quote:
Is it that bad lee ? I mean teclast is a pretty famous brand isnt it ? With the teclast 51 being pretty good last i remember(could be wrong.......)

It is that bad Retrias. It doesn't sound that good IMO. Makes the music sound crappy and distorted. I was expecting more but then again this is a cheap player so you get what you pay for. The T51 (old models) sounded pretty good but still not on the level of my Studio V 3rd ANV. It seems Teclasts products are far cry from what the T51 once was.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #470 of 693
Quote:

I have no vibrating noise from the screen...
Yes, a small amount of hiss is present all the time, but it's not annoying at the volumes I listen to music (>20). And yes, hiss is also present a few minutes after the player is shut off.

About the problem with cutting off the first second: It appears with MP3, FLAC and APE (I have no WMA files).
WAV is the only format I found no problems...

Another problem I noticed: the hold button doesn't work flawlessly -> sometimes I have to try it two or more times.

But sound quality is awesome and that's what really matters to me. I mostly used the "Hi-Fi" preset, but I'm starting to like the "HSA V1.0" even more. I depends on how the album was produced, 70's Classic Rock can be too bright with "HSA V1.0".

I generally listen around volume 4 to 6 depending on the track. Sometimes as low as Volume 1. I really like the HSA preset and for certain tracks Hi-Fi.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #471 of 693
Quote:
Perhaps it is having the same issue as the studio v, i remember jack saying that the hiss on that was a lot worse when using sd as opposed to internal memory, so that could easily be the case here as well. I never noticed that it stays on after you shut it until it was pointed out which is pretty odd but i dont understand the electronics of it so i cant say why or anything, just that its a bit weird :p I spoke to jack on skype who has said he isnt sure about the video, i recommended it is removed in the next issue of the firmware as it may look bad,hopefully in exchange for playlist support, I have been using the hi-fi eq mostly and the HSAv1.0 also but like its been said, that one is really bright for some genres. i use the wooduo one with the wooduo2 as well as i really like that pairing.

to the people with the hold button, what do you mean? is the hold button not staying up (hardware issue with the switch) or does it not turn on even when the switch is on? i havent had that issue, what i have had is if i press the mic button by accident on the side, if i want to back out of the menu too quickly it just freeze the player on the home screen for 5-10 second. does anyone know if the recording can be disabled? not the A-B feature though, i really like that one, think its great to hear certain parts over and over when trying to transcribe guitar tabs.

I'm not really sure about that. I don't remember hearing less hiss from the internal memory than the external on the Studio V. I actually don't even use the internal memory on the Studio V to be quite frank.

Quote:
You mentioned that you preferred the Studio V 3rd ANV than Nova N1.
May I know in term of sound stage/3D imaging & vocal/instrument separation, which is better?
Between the Studio V 3rd ANV and Nova N1, which one has a louder hiss?

The Studio V is better in those respects. The Studio V has slightly louder hiss IMO.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #472 of 693
Quote:
Its not a hardware issue. When I push unlock button, player unloks and everything looks ok but I cant control it (buttons light up but dont react) so I have to lock it and unlock it again and then it works. Its not a big deal :).

Problem which bothers me more is that FLAC doesnt work properly when I had 850 music files (mp3s and FLACs) on SD card. When I come home tommorow I'm going to test how much files it can take before FLAC goes wrong.

what size sd card are you using?

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #476 of 693
Quote:
how can  i confirm the charging is complete in Nova.
is it possible to turn off the EQ (i don't want any EQ).

I think the intended presets on it are Hi-Fi and the HSA01 preset. I tend to like the HSA preset but sometimes it can be too loud for me even on volume 1. So I'll use Hi-Fi to help with that. User EQ will also give you more headroom for volume but it sounds flatter.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #478 of 693
Quote:
thanks for ur fast reponse Lee
how can i confirm charging is complete.
is it possible to check the battery status
if so how?

At least from my unit I think you can tell when it's done charging when it shows the charge screen as green... The battery life seems pretty decent so far. I havent' fully tested it out yet but it seems it will last me more than a day (normal usage, not 24 hours lol).

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #480 of 693
Received my nova today. Havent had much time with it but to my ears, it sounds significantly better than the jack of my iphone 5. It is a lot more dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back