Favourite Live albums.... (:
Feb 25, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #136 of 166
I've said if before, but it's so worth repeating.  Alice in Chains Unplugged is truly sublime.  Today, I listened to for the first time through a new amp.  It was truly like it was the first time I have ever heard the album.  I had tingles down my spine hearing Lane Staley's haunting voice.

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #139 of 166
Just recently discovered Lou Reed's Take No Prisoners, pure goose-bumps 
darthsmile.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #141 of 166

Quote:
I'll add: Little Feat "Waiting for Columbus" (Rhino 2002 release)

massive +1 on the Feat!
The latest MFSL vinyl edition is pretty damn good, if you roll that way!

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #142 of 166

Quote:
massive +1 on the Feat!
The latest MFSL vinyl edition is pretty damn good, if you roll that way!

I still and have my vinyl going back to the mid-60's, and have very good things about the MFSL releases.  But... the prices vs. other options plus the laziness of old age pertaining to cleaning and flipping records has gotten the best of me--at least most of the time.  Still there is nothing like the LP jacket to set the mood and prime the interest in excitement for listening to music.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #143 of 166

Quote:
I've said if before, but it's so worth repeating.  Alice in Chains Unplugged is truly sublime.  Today, I listened to for the first time through a new amp.  It was truly like it was the first time I have ever heard the album.  I had tingles down my spine hearing Lane Staley's haunting voice.

Truly an amazing album.  I came into the thread to post it, and thankfully, you recently brought it up.

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #145 of 166
Also, AIX records production of Carl Verheyen Band Rumor Mill.
Amazing recording. Amazing.

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #146 of 166
I don't generally care for live albums, but there are a couple I've found that really stood out for me.

1.  Daft Punk - Alive 2007.
2. Jethro Tull - Bursting Out.

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #149 of 166
I've been doing some listening to my live CDs lately, and these are getting quite a lot of play lately:

Nirvana Unplugged
Dave Matthews Band the Central Park Concert
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live in Las Vegas
O.A.R. Rain or Shine

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #150 of 166
Nice topic - thanks for the post and the lists everyone!

I actually don't have a lot of live music - more EPs, but only one recent (as in recent to ME) CD:
Pete Yorn "Live from New Jersey"

If you know this musician and his work - he sounds excellent in concert. I was recently expanding my music collection, and so looked for CDs which I had missed hearing about. It was great to discover that this musician can really both sing and play (guitar).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back