Favourite Live albums.... (:
Aug 28, 2008 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 166

klamP

100+ Head-Fier
Post 'em up guys, i've fallen in love with the sound of live albums. :)

Current favourite: Eric Clapton - Unplugged.

Aug 28, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 166
i have a couple, and i like them all very much, just not unplugged (well i dont like some part of it). my two favourites:

Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York (simply amazing)
Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones

Aug 28, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 166
It has got to be AC/DC - Live.

Superb album for rockin'...

~Phewl.

Aug 29, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 166
As of yesterday, it's David Bowie's "Live in Santa Monica '72". I listened to it for the first time on my iPod while doing yardwork (what a mistake...) and had to stop and just sit on the front step to just listen to the music several times. If you're a Bowie fan, and especially if you're a "Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders . . . " fan, you must listen to this CD a.s.a.p.!!!

BTW, before this, my fave live album was prob Nils Lofgren's "Acoustic Live".

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #8 of 166
I remember at least one other thread on this topic, but it's always fun writing about our favorite music. There are so many fine live albums. Just recently I have been getting into "Live At Radio City" (Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds). Some of my all time favorites are "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" - The Rolling Stones; "Live At Leeds" - The Who; "Goodbye Columbus" - Little Feat; "Four-Way Street" - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; "Stop Making Sense" - Talking Heads; "David Live" - David Bowie, and "Live From The American Ballroom" - Donna The Buffalo. There are others but I would have to think about it...

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #11 of 166
top 3 in no particular order would have to be
dave matthews and tim reynolds live @ radio city
eric clapton - one more car, one more rider
widespread panic - live at the armory, valdosta GA

any of the above would suffice musically, however SQ in live albums is tough in any album, though i do believe the clapton DVD probably has the best, with the other two close behind.

Aug 29, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #13 of 166
Pink Floyd - Pulse

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #14 of 166
Some of my favorite live albums...
Nils Lofgren - "Acoustic Live"
Nils Lofgren Band - "Live"
Eric Clapton - "Unplugged"
Pink Floyd - "Pulse"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back