Favorite musician/band/group of all time...post here.
Jul 21, 2010 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 125

Goku

100+ Head-Fier
I would have to say, for me, Norah Jones. Just because here voice is just so sexy.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 125
Bill Frisell.

(I can't even pick a favorite genre, let alone favorite single band or musician; but if I'm honest about what I've been reaching for over the last 20 years, Frisell comes up most).

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #8 of 125
I listen to waaayyyyy too much music to be able to say. Today it could be Duke Ellington and tomorrow it'd be the Clash. The day after that it'd be Aretha Franklin or Neil Young or James Brown…oh, and there's that cat Miles Davis…Youssou N'Dour?

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #9 of 125

Quote:
I listen to waaayyyyy too much music to be able to say. Today it could be Duke Ellington and tomorrow it'd be the Clash. The day after that it'd be Aretha Franklin or Neil Young or James Brown…oh, and there's that cat Miles Davis…Youssou N'Dour?

HAHA same here. Its hard to chose. There so much good stuff out there

Jul 22, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #11 of 125

Quote:
I listen to waaayyyyy too much music to be able to say.

I think most all of us think that, but c'mon... pretty please?... play!

Actually I almost did the same thing.  Say I couldn't say, list about 5 examples of why I couldn't, and just stay away. It is an impossible question.  And favorite doesn't approach "greatest" either, but fortunately, that question wasn't asked (I'd flat out not play, myself, if it were that!)

See, I'm hedging after the fact. Hah!

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #12 of 125

Quote:
But I keep looking at my Justin Bieber poster, and... well, it's a close call.

I hope you are kidding...
blink.gif

I do love Gothic metal...like Epica. 

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #14 of 125

Quote:
I really hope he's not! (But I know he is).

My friend love Beiber master cuz he wears Supras. The shoes my friends been rockin since 8th grade

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #15 of 125

Quote:
My friend love Beiber master cuz he wears Supras. The shoes my friends been rockin since 8th grade

I suppose people need their reasons...  I've never loved anyone for wearing the same shoes as I.  In fact the sort of shoes I might love somewhere for are things I couldn't wear, but that's a conversation in another direction altogether.

Anyway, I'll go out on a limb and assure you that Uncle Elrik is joking.  It'd be so unexpected, though, that I'd get a bigger laugh out of it if it weren't a joke! And I'm never horrified by anyone's choices in their own music (unless somehow that someone is in a position to force it on me. Like a few road trips I recall).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back