Favorite movie?
Nov 2, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #46 of 54
There's a movie which has come to my attention, starring
Vincent Price, and it's called Conqueror Worm (or Matthew Hopkins: Witchfinder General in the UK). From the late 60s I believe. I've not seen it, but would like to, but it's not the kind of thing you'd find at the local Blockbuster (a mail-order/net-rental house should have it somewhere).

Has anyone seen this movie, and if so, did you like it?

Nov 5, 2002 at 7:31 PM Post #47 of 54
stumbling upon this thread has hurt my wallet once again, since i just had to order 6 more dvds today...

since im not at home in front my my dvd shelves, i know ill be leaving tons out, and probably repeat whats been said. Mostly action, since I'm in that kinda mood today:

Yojimbo
Seven Samurai
Throne of Blood
High and Low
(just about every Kurosawa film, so ill stop there)
Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels
Das Boot
Pulp Fiction
LOTR
Usual Suspects
Leon (the Professional)
Hunt for Red October
Memento
Fight Club
original Star Wars Trilogy (eps 4-6)
The Untouchables

some guilty pleasures:
the Matrix
Office Space (which my life is slowly starting to resemble)
Tron
Zoolander
Monster's Inc
i agree with the Starship Troopers nod...great WWII style propoganda flick. die commies, die!...err, i mean...

Nov 5, 2002 at 7:41 PM Post #49 of 54
moo, i was too afraid to say it, im glad you did....as brilliant as it is cute

Miyazaki's works are masterpieces, go catch Spirited Away if you guys havent yet

Nov 6, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #50 of 54
I have to add Spirited Away to my list (on another thread somewhere, I think). I saw it three times while it was in the theatre, and I will be owning it as soon as it comes out on DVD.

Nov 6, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #52 of 54
Wizard of OZ (i hear that if you start "Dark Side of the Moon at the very beginning (just after the credits) it sync's up PERFECTLY - right into the closing credits).

have seen Tremors over 500 times. found 4.5 mistakes.

Godfather II (when it's on tv I have to watch it - even though i own the dvd)

To Catch A Thief (the DVD came out today!!! yeah).

Baby's Day Out (the lighter scene is the best!)

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World ('natch)

It Started With Eve (Deanna Durbin classic - she reminds me of an ex-girlfriend.)

Aliens

Goldfinger
Thunderball
Goldeneye

Harry Potter

Nov 6, 2002 at 5:47 AM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
Wizard of OZ (i hear that if you start "Dark Side of the Moon at the very beginning (just after the credits) it sync's up PERFECTLY - right into the closing credits).

Dark Side of the Moon is considerably shorter than Wizard of Oz and the last thing you hear on the album is actually the heartbeat perfectly in synch with Dorothy listening to the tin man's chest.

It's a very eerie experience.

Nov 6, 2002 at 4:23 PM Post #54 of 54
I think my all-time favorite is Solaris by Andrej Tarkovsky. Good sound track, too. I hope the new version with George Cloonkey doesn't screw it up too badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back