Favorite Kung fu movies
Jun 20, 2003 at 7:55 PM Post #31 of 78
When they start using wires to the point were they are flying around it just gets a little too silly for me. But I guess i'm just a hypocrite because master of the flying guilitine uses wires alot.

Jun 20, 2003 at 8:01 PM Post #32 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
That was in the days of no-contact.
rolleyes.gif

Hey better to be the world champ in a show of despair (as I think Bruce Lee once put it) than nothing at all
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2003 at 8:10 PM Post #33 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by RacerX
Also gotta add (and don't hate me for this) Bloodsport. Van Damme is OK in it but the rest of the kumite fighters rock. It was the first movie I ever saw with Muay Thai fighting.

Yeah for a non-asian kungfu movie I actually enjoy it too, despite all its' lowbudget cheeziness. That was also my first movie seeing Muay Thai in action, and that guy that played Paco I though was pretty cool in my youth
wink.gif
I think Bloodsport is still Van Damme's best movie, and how tragic is that considering the low budget and it being I believe his first movie as the main character. Another Van Damme movie I enjoy too is AWOL or Lionheart depending on where you live, even though the last fight wasn't good (which for some reason happens a lot in Van Damme movies).

Jun 20, 2003 at 8:37 PM Post #34 of 78
Quote:

No what's shocking is that you didn't read my list

oops. Mea culpa. I somehow missed that when I looked through your list, which is quite good, by the way. Looks like I need more sleep.

Jun 20, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #35 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
When they start using wires to the point were they are flying around it just gets a little too silly for me. But I guess i'm just a hypocrite because master of the flying guilitine uses wires alot.

As far as I am concerned, that's a completely different genre. Like "disco" vs. "house" music. Personally, I like them both, but I can see where someone who likes "true" martial arts movies might hate the other. Just as someone who likes "realism" would hate sci-fi, or someone who likes film noir would hate computer animation, etc.

Jun 20, 2003 at 9:50 PM Post #37 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
...expect for crappy american marital arts movies

Nice typo. Is that a euphemism for "****"?

Jun 20, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #38 of 78
Quote:

My list goes from the most high end to the most low budget from the most realistic to the fakest of the fake.

And you put Ricky in the middle? Wow. I'll have to make a point of checking some of those out. Bad movies are always good.

Jun 21, 2003 at 12:57 AM Post #41 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
I would add double impact to the list of good Van Damme films. Mostly because former bodybuilder Cory Everson was one of the co stars. Yummy.

I think you pretty much summed up why I've seen Double Impact more than once, but it was the blonde that did it for me
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back