Favorite Kung fu movies
Jun 1, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #76 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
has anyone seen the film the street fighter starring sonny chiba? Its supposed to be really graphic...

Now *this* is a martial arts classic, I have a copy of it around somewhere, maybe I'll watch it later. Chiba's still around, you can catch him in "Kill Bill" as the swordsmith Hattori Hanzo (think that was the name).
"Hero" with Jet Li was another film I enjoyed.

Jun 2, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #77 of 78
Martial arts? Here we go....

Equilibrium (Some of the best coordinated fight scenes, and creative, I've ever seen)
The Matrix Series (Come on, you all know they were pretty bad arse)
The Transporter (And not the second one, cause I honestly thought it was garbage)
The Princess Blade (Japanese sword play film, not as intense as others, but yet you can still appreciate the art of weilding swords!!!)
Twins Effect 1 (Like with some sequels, the second one was garbage)
Dragon's Inn
Black Mask
The Legend Series
Drunken Kickboxing 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
I want to point your attention to "Sha Po Lang", quite possibly one of the best movies this year.

I have to agree with him on that. I mentioned it on this thread before, but I should've emphasized it more than just listing it. Sha Po Lang was probably one of the best martial arts films AND dramas of the year. I'm sure we can all attest that some of the chinese cinema can be a little over the top or kinda corny at times, but this movie really is a top notch film. Every bit down to the fighting, the acting, and even the plot.

Another movie I would strongly suggest is Seven Swords. Amazing swordplay and creativity in the fighting coordination. Makes me wanna make my own swords. I have to admit, the characters are a little empty, but it makes you want to see the sequel soon to follow.

And lastly, I want to mention a german film that has already seen its release just recently. Its called Kampfansage ("Challenge" in english). I don't know much about it, only what has been said in magazines and on the website. But from the trailers, it looks like something fresh. I don't think I've ever seen a german made martial arts film, and I guess thats why I'm putting the spotlight out on this cause of its potential. Definitely check it out! - http://www.kampfansage.com/

Jun 2, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #78 of 78
for me

'nuff said
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back