Favorite ice cream
Apr 9, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #16 of 48
Magnum Almonde.

Lovely.
partytime.gif

Peter.

Apr 9, 2003 at 1:31 AM Post #17 of 48
I like Ben and Jerry's Phish Food too, as well as any mocha flavored ones, but one of my favorites is Bryer's Banana Fudge Chunk...mmm...this thread is making me hungry...*raids freezer*
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 1:36 AM Post #18 of 48
I really like:

1) Starbuck's Coffee Almond Fudge
2) Breyers Vanilla
3) Haagen Daas Elberta Peach (haven't seen it in years...but good)
4) Haagen Daas Butter Pecan
5) Haagen Daas Raspberry Sorbet (OK, I know it isn't REALLY ice cream...)

Apr 9, 2003 at 1:46 AM Post #19 of 48
banana!!!

milk.....i used to eat those 20y ago, i dont know if they still around

the main think while eating icecream is the temperature...i sometimes put it in the micriwave for few seconds so it gets soooo soft and smooth..

m.
tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 2:04 AM Post #20 of 48
The best ice-cream comes from small local shops, and i say that as a baskin robbins employee
smily_headphones1.gif

There's a great local custard (Wisconsin speak for rich icecream, akin to french vanilla) shop called kopps (www.kopps.com), they have some of the best ice cream i've ever had

Apr 9, 2003 at 3:44 AM Post #21 of 48
(goes to freezer, pulls out carton of Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche, checks spelling, grabs spoon).

Too many favorites amongst home-made and local shops, but the above is my favorite commercial ice cream, followed closely by Breyers Vanilla.

Try this: bake a batch of brownies (the normal kind). Cut them up while still warm, and cover with Breyers Vanilla. For a bit of zing cook down some rasberries and drizzle on the top. To die for!

And what about Gelatto???

Another of my vices revealed.

gerG

Apr 9, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #22 of 48
Orange-Pineapple...the good stuff available only in Canada
mad.gif
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 5:00 AM Post #23 of 48
None of these commercial brands. When I really want an ice cream, I go out and try to find a small shop when they sell "home made stuff" (easy in Belgium, hard and overpriced here
frown.gif
). There's a shop in a city near my hometown which has a vanilla to die for. Just plain creamy vanilla.

Otherwise, my wonderful mom makes wonderful basic ice creams.
tongue.gif

But the luckiest guys in the world are those italians living in a country where ice cream ain't food anymore.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #25 of 48
Damn you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 7:25 AM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by mekanoplastik
the main think while eating icecream is the temperature...i sometimes put it in the micriwave for few seconds so it gets soooo soft and smooth..

m.
tongue.gif

Only addicts think like that!
tongue.gif

BTW: I like my ice cream that way, too.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back