Favorite ice cream
Apr 8, 2003 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

JMT

JMT Audio:PPA/META42 Amp Factory
With the proliferation of food threads the last couple of days, the fact that it's about 80 degrees here today, and the fact that I love ice cream, I am curious to what your favorites are. Mine are, in order of preference:
  1. Mocha almond fudge - Dreyers or Baskin Robbins
  2. Moose Tracks - don't know the brand but it's chocolate malt ice cream with malt ball candy and marble fudge.
  3. Mint chip
  4. Strawberry cheesecake - Baskin Robbins

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 48
JMT-
You are talking my language! I am crazy for ice cream. I am on the Atkins diet so I recently bought myself an ice cream freezer so I can make my own with sucralose instead of sugar. Aside from the sugar...everything else in my ice cream is "legal" on Atkins.

Some of my favorite concoctions are:

Strawberry Banana Coconut

Coffee Cinnamon

Buttered Almond

Raspberries and Cream

John

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 48
mint chocolate chip is very high up there.
i also enjoy varieties of chocolate cheescake icecream.
a very smooth butter pecan or other such butter-brittle-type ice cream can really hit the spot though.
the varieties that godiva offers are also very good.
my favorite ben & jerry's flavor is phish food (though i've admittedly only tried about 5 of their flavors).

a bit off the beaten path, mochi icecream is also very good. the mocha coffee flavor is my favorite.

iirc, choco-tacos are also quite tasty. but i haven't had one in a looooong time.

another non-scoopable icecream favorite of mine are ice cream cookie sandwiches. any old mr. cookie-type brand will do, but i particularly like it when the cookies have just been baked and the icecream begins to take on a semi-soft but non-melty state.

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 48
Hmm.. I had some chocolate chip cookie dough stuff today. Mmm.. I love mint chip. Ohh, don't forget coffee. I looooove coffee flavoured ice cream (or anything else). I also love green tea. Chocolate is very nice when I'm in the mood.

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #6 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
a bit off the beaten path, mochi icecream is also very good. the mocha coffee flavor is my favorite.

Mochi-ball icecream is the FRIGGING BEST. I LOVE THOSE THINGS. I bought a box from Costco once. I ate three every single night. Or four sometimes.

Strawberry is my favorite flavor, with mango coming in second.

- Chris

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:23 PM Post #7 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT

* Mocha almond fudge - Dreyers or Baskin Robbins

*drools*

This is my second favourite. My favourite is, and has ALWAYS been Peanut Butter Chocolate from Baskin Robbins. Ooooh soo good.

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 48
Ben & Jerry's is the only one now...

But there used to be Plumes brand with real strawberries mixed in and there was a Homer Hudson Chocolate Chunk that was good too. Ben & jerry's had a flavor called Full Vermonty that was awesome, maple syrup flavor.

Now it's New York Super Fudge Chunk. Mmmm...

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:31 PM Post #9 of 48
Pralines 'n Cream from B&R.

80 degrees huh?
We just got 8 inches of frickin snow here.
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
I ate three every single night. Or four sometimes.
- Chris

boxes or mochi-balls?
tongue.gif

when i'm in the mood for plentiful eating, i could easily take on a box or two in one sitting, i kid you not. all this talk has made my mouth antsy for some of that chewy goodness. i might have to take a costco trip soon...

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 48
Hagaan Daaz - chocolate chocolate chip. MAN I wish they stocked stuff like this in Latin America.
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 48
#1 hagen daz - dulce de leche
#2 ben & jerry - pistachio
#3 bryer's - cherry vanilla
#4 bryer's - peach
#5 carvel - ice cream cake { that crunchy thing at the bottom ) i love that stuff
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 12:53 AM Post #14 of 48
I find that the Edy's/Dreyer's Home Made Line is really excellent -- I've tasted the Butter Pecan, Sugar and Spice (molasses and sugar cookes in ice cream!), and Chocolate Mousse, if I'm not mistaken about the name...

I've actually only tasted the Edy's versions, but I assume the Dreyer's stuff is the same thing.

And of course some independent ice cream shops have better ice cream than the stores or even "premium" brands like Haagen-Dazs (which I think Edy's beats, by the way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back