Favorite Guitar Album?
Apr 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #62 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleviolet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got to go with Jeff Beck's two albums "Blow by Blow" and "Wired" which won Guitar Player's album of the year in '75 and '76, although I could talk alot about Larry Carlton's album "Friends.

I just got the "Friends" album, though I haven't listened yet. I'll check it out now
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #63 of 72
There's this guy called Warren Mendonca from India (now in NZ) who was part of a band called Zero. His solo project is called Blackstratblues and the entire album is available for free on his site - BlackStratBlues

Do give a couple of listens to the songs - Anuva's Sky, Blues for Gary, Nights in Shining Karma and Bombay Rain. One of my most listened to albums ever!

May 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #64 of 72
May 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve Vai- sex and religion
Tommy Emmanuel- only

indeed

May 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #67 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by aragornmustdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jimi Hendrix- Band of Gypsys

Django Reinhardt - Best Collection

Derek & the Dominoes - Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs

cant argue with these. i think ill throw on some hendrix now.

May 1, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #68 of 72
I saw a few eric johnson mentions but I wanted to add a couple tracks/albums:

Live at the house of blues #11: Check out the "Elevator Sky movie"/"Cliffs of dover" tracks.
The parts where he is transitioning into CoD are breathtaking. Very tasty stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Live at Austin Texas: Check out "Desert rose"
The two Wah solos are truly unlike any other, they take his perfect and crisp tone to a whole new level.

May 2, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #69 of 72
The Richard Thompson half of Richard and Linda Thompson's unbelievable breakup record Shoot Out The Lights. He plays the hell out of his guitar on that.

Oh, and I feel like I should put in another plug for Wes Montgomery's The Incredible Jazz Guitar of… I've always had reservations about jazz guitar of that vintage, but that record is kinda easy-listening and transcendent at the same time. That's hard to pull off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back