Favorite fight/action scenes in a movie:
Mar 9, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 36
Knife vs stick corridor fight in SPL; people who have seen this need no explanation.
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #20 of 36
Mar 11, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #21 of 36
The OP said "fight/action" and everyone else is mentioning fight scenes, so I will mention a couple of action scenes:

One that comes to mind is the opening of Mad Max, where the escaped con and his girlfriend race at high speed across the backcountry of Austraila, taunting the cops as they go. They die in a ball of flame after a sickening skid.

Another is the opening of Verical Limit, where five climbers get into some SERIOUS trouble on a tall vertical face. I was still pumped from it halfway thru the movie...

...and then there was most of the original Vanishing Point.

Laz

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #25 of 36
The fight between Neo and Agent Smith at the end of The Matrix Revolutions has to be near the top for me. Also the fight between the Bride and the Yakuza gang in Kill Bill 1 was pretty cool.

Mar 11, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #27 of 36
For martial arts, definitely the fight scenes in Fearless and Hero, and some from The Matrix (all). For shooting scenes, I second The Matrix (all), Saving Private Ryan and Equilibrium. Add Ghost in The Shell 2 for that scene towards the end of the movie.

Mar 11, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fight scene in They Live takes the cake for me.

That one, and many of the Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Jack scenes.

After training with a Wing-Chun / Tai-chi Master for a while, I can honestly say that most everything on TV and in the movies is pretty tame compared to what these people (like Bruce Lee) can really do.

BTW, Tai-chi is extremely devastating in the right hands.

Freaking inhuman devastation...ohh the nightmares are coming back
eek.gif
NOOO
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back