Favorite fight/action scenes in a movie:
Mar 11, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #31 of 36
The end fight scene of "V for Vendetta" was pretty good.

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #32 of 36
I'm gonna go waaay back and pick the school fight scene from Bruce Lee's " Chinese Connection". I'll second that with the first ice factory fight in "Fists of Fury".

How about Adam Sandler and Bob Barker on the golf course in "Happy Gilmore"? I laugh my ass off every time I see that.

A note: the first and last Ice factory fights are seriously edited on the english dubbed versions of "Fists of Fury". Only the subtitled versions have the full fight scenes with the blood and the stabbing intact. There is reportedly a recent DVD box set that all the fights intact and backround info on why they were edited.

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

That one, and many of the Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Jack scenes.

The fight scenes between Spike and Mad Pierrot (Tongpu) are incredibly awesome. I wish I could fight like him!

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #34 of 36
Haha Hard Boiled!!! That movie was so awesome and the gun fights were better than most these days.

I loved all of Heros fights. Also there is a fight scene in Old boy that is one of my favorites because it is not only good but its hilarious.

edit: I want to say that I see alot of Cowboy bepop references and even though I did like the fight scenes I could never ever get into watching the show. It was too dry and boring for me.

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #35 of 36
fight scenes:

- the "put on the sunglasses" fight from "they live" (only face punches were faked)

- uma vs. hannah from "kill bill vol. 2"

- hector vs. achilles in "troy"

- the bride vs. gogo from "kill bill vol. 1"

- thaddeus vs. jue in "animatrix - final flight of the osiris"

- butch vs. marcellus and zed (ends in the pawn shop) from "pulp fiction"

- sean connery vs. robert shaw in "from russia with love"

- slim pickins vs ussr in "dr. strangelove"

action scenes:

- wing kong vs. the blue turbans in "big trouble in little china" (fight in the alley)

- blood test scene from "the thing"

- princess sheeta's rescue from the fortress in "castle in the sky"

- raid on the sunglasses lab in "they live"

- battle for minas tirith in "return of the king"

Mar 11, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #36 of 36
Just saw 300 last nite. I gotta say the fighting scenes in that movie are soo raw and well thought-out.
There is one scene where the camera slowly spins around one spartan as he's fighting buncha warriors, and it is more realistic than many other movies where the opposing crowd of guys are kinda lined up to fight him, where, as soon as one guy is killed, the other guy takes his turn. No, in this movie, you can see other guys fighting and running towards the spartan and he takes on all the enemies as they come. I donno how else to describe it, but it seemed very smooth and natural, not scripted/planned out for a movie!
cool.gif

Plus, these guys use brute force, skill and their bodies, and not their automatics and laser-guided kill-a-crowd-with-one-poorly-aimed shot weapons.

Highly recommend the flick!

ps. this movie should be amazing to watch on dvd and with a good pair of cans!
580smile.gif
icon10.gif
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back