Favorite fight/action scenes in a movie:
Mar 9, 2007 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
1. Black Mamba Vs Go-Go.. Everything about the fight is awesome IMO.. I think having a phyco, HS, japanese, school girl is pretty hot & cool..
smily_headphones1.gif

2. Desperdado: Scene where Bandaras was being picked apart by the knife thrower..Then the assassin takes on a car full of gun totting thugs with throwing knives..
basshead.gif

3. Desperado: When the 3 Mariachis take on the drug lords henchmen.. Guitar rocket launchers, machine guns..Pretty nuts..

4. Rundown: Opening scene when the Rock takes out all those pro football players..
smily_headphones1.gif

5. Rundown.. When the rock takes on Ernie Reyes JR.. Great stunt sequences. Very creative stuff.

6. Indian Jones: The Bar scene is Mongolia.. Classic.

7. Daredevil: The finale battle VS Kingpin. (Directors cut) I think the fighting in the water was incredible, & the breaking of the knee caps hard to watch.

8. Black Mamba Vs Vernetta Green. I can't believe that fight..Right at the start of the film a major fight scene. Had my adrenaline pumping big time.

9. Bruce Lee Vs Karem Abdul Jabar.. Has to be seen to be believed.

10 Bruce Lee Vs Chuck Norris. Return of the Dragon I think.. Rumor has it, they were really hitting each other..

11. Bruce Lee story.. When a young Bruce takes on that Bully for the first time. I love the crackling of the bones when he wamed up.

12. Blade Vs Decon Frost.. Love the sword play involved..

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 36
Pretty much all battles in Hero and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

The final battle with Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode 1 was excellent too.

Some of the fights in Ong-Bak

x2 on the Kill Bill fight scenes.

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 36
every single scene in the movie Hero. normally i'm not a fan of Jet Li movies, but that was just a spectacular movie. the visuals are absolutely beautiful... too bad it has a lot of underlying messages hinting towards modern day China, which is kind of annoying but only if you pay too much attention. also very fun to mute and dub yourself.

edit: woohoo, i'm not the only Hero fan here!

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 36
The final 20 minutes or so of Hard Target (John Woo, staring Van Damme) -- every kick and kill is done in a most homoerotic, fetishistic manner, topping even Arnie's Commando.

For those who relish the homoerotic aesthetics of classic action films, this is an essential guide.

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: woohoo, i'm not the only Hero fan here!

Huge fan indeed, one of my favorite movies of all time. Hope you watched it on the theaters (I did, eight times), the DVD transfer, at least the American one, is really dissapointing PQ-wise. (Click here to see what I think of the Hero DVD, American version, my Amazon review is at the bottom of that page.)

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #7 of 36
The fight scene in They Live takes the cake for me.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 36
I thought watching yoda fight was pretty cool, darth maul as well.

RESERVOIR DOGS SPOILERS:
I don't know if you would call it a fight scene but the end of reservoir dogs (the triangle) was pretty cool.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #10 of 36
The Battle of Pellenor Fields. (the last scene) in Return of the King. and The scene in Starship Troopers where they first land on Klendathu. That stuff gets me pumped. Those are the first two things that come to mind.

Mar 9, 2007 at 7:18 AM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huge fan indeed, one of my favorite movies of all time. Hope you watched it on the theaters (I did, eight times), the DVD transfer, at least the American one, is really dissapointing PQ-wise. (Click here to see what I think of the Hero DVD, American version, my Amazon review is at the bottom of that page.)

i agree that the DVD quality was really lackluster... luckily, i got to see it in theaters towards the end of its run, it was very quiet and there was only one other group of people. beautiful. the colors really were amazing in the theater... my favorites were definitely Moon fighting Snow in the leaves and Broken Sword confronting the King of Qin with all of the drapes. just so vibrant.. kinda makes me wish i had a better TV!

Mar 9, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #12 of 36
I recently saw Tony Jaa's The Protector. The scene where he is breaking everyones arms and legs is amazing, as is the burning temple fight.

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #13 of 36
This isn't the best fighting scene, nor does it really involve fighting, but is by far the most interesting way to quickly resolve a tricky situation. Here it goes...

It was in a movie called "Brick", I believe it just recently came out.

The main character of the movie was running away from some knife-wielding dude, he got about 100' in front of the guy. He came to a corner and came around it, took off his shoes, waited a second, then did a powerslide out onto the path of the bad dude sending him into a head-first dive straight into a steel post.
Knocked the guy right out, problem solved!
cool.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fight scene in They Live takes the cake for me.

X2

although it was a bit short
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back