Favorite canalphone of the moment
Jan 11, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #376 of 414
I am going back to using the stock foamies and wearing them like Shure earphones because they sound really good. I can't wait until Shure comes up with the washable foamies. I wanna try them on the marshmallows.

Jan 11, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #377 of 414
These headphones are still avaliable at a great discount from circuit city, just ordered some for pickup:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/JVC-M...oductDetail.do

I'm going to use them with a cell phone adapter /mic i just got from ebay for 4 bucks for mp3 and as a headset when calls come in
smily_headphones1.gif

(sorry about late post lol)

Jan 14, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #378 of 414
this is amazing! i picked these headphones up on a whim...just walked into the store, and bought a new pair. (last time i bought new headphones, i spent a lot of time on head-fi drooling over headphones i could never afford). thought these were cute because they came in different colours (although i ended up with a black pair) and were called marshmallows and were canalphones's.

fast forward a few months, i am IN LOVE with my headphones. i wanted to come and give a review...but i guess i don't need to! there's a 32482975234 page thread dedicated to these phones already!

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #379 of 414
Very very initial impression:

Just picked these up from Future Shop-- Canada's Best Buy.

On my 5G iPod... these are easily better than the EP-630, EX51, and HJE50.

As great as the bass is, they are somewhat veiled in the mids and highs, hopefully that'll ease with burn-in. Currently wearing them normally, not upside down, with stock foamies.

Jan 16, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #380 of 414
i did a small isolation test on these...

i stood right under the engine room of a ski lift, wich is damn loud (after all, it needs enough power to move 1800 people per hour up the hill)

using them with stock tips, inserted upside down, out of my iriver T30.

comfortable listening level: 15 out of 40

completly drowning out the noise of the lift: 23 out of 40

wich means that they are pretty good... if they can kill a ski lift on 23, they can probably kill a bus or the subway at somehere between 15-20...

Jan 16, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #381 of 414
yeah they isolate pretty well, my mom had to throw a toy at me once to get my attention

after getting smaller e2 foamies, i feel these are MUCH better. I don't know how, but the difference between the sound of small foamies and larger ones is HUMONGOUS

maybe it was how far they went into my ear? idk.
plainface.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #382 of 414
I listened to my new Marshmallows for an hour or two last night....not bad. But I do not like the foam ear pieces. I pulled out my Skullcandy Smokin Buds, and used the extra silicon earpieces that they came with. They fit right onto the JVCs, and fit much better...much easier to install and remove, and I swear they sound better too.

Jan 23, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #386 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by spambob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is a good place to buy these? I'd rather buy them online, but it's quite expensive compared to the $10 mentioned in the OP.

A few weeks before the Circuit City deal came to light, I was able to order a black pair from DigitalHotBuy.com for less than $15 shipped...but now they're listed as out of stock. Buy.com has them for around $17 shipped (though they describe them as blue despite listing the black version's item number), or you could go with Beach Audio or ebay for around $20 if you want to ensure they are black. True, $20 may be "quite expensive" compared to $10...but, then again, it's only $20.
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #390 of 414
wow, it's been ages since i've been here. i just got a 5g ipod video 30gb and was looking for something new to add to my collection of cans/canalphones. looks like i might have to source out a pair or two of these to play with since i saw some familiar names making positive references with similar likes/dislikes as i do when it comes to soundstage et al.

i hope these marshmellows welcome me back with open arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back