Favorite canalphone of the moment
Dec 19, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #316 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaughter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just want to make sure I'm not crazy, but you refer to them as yellow foamies, but on the Shure site they only have orange foamies for the e2. Is that correct?

shure must have changed the color of their foamies.

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #317 of 414
damn it I was just trying some different tips on my marshmallows and their was a screwdriver and now the foam thing is gone.

It's kind of ironic. I thought I was a genius by using the screwdriver to make the whole of the foams bigger, and directly transfer the foams to the marshmallows.

Does saran wrap help with the sound?

Dec 19, 2006 at 1:11 PM Post #318 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea how much the various E2 tips are at Guitar Center? We have a local one here about 10 minutes away and I'd rather not have to order online, pay shipping, and wait for them to arrive.

Guitar Center carries all the Shure earphones and I have seen the E2 foamies. GC is usually expensive. I am not sure how much they go for.

Dec 19, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #319 of 414
sorry if this has been asked and answered, but how do the marshmallow compare to the e2's in sound? i know the e2cs are over triple the price, but there has been a lot of praise for these jvcs.

the e2cs also isolate better than the jvcs right?

thanks

Dec 19, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #320 of 414
I tried these out the other day. I'm not really familiar with canalphones/IEMs in general; is there such thing as an IEM that has an "airy" sound rather than a closed in one?

I guess the sound was acceptable, but I couldn't get used to the closed-in feeling.

Dec 20, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #322 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by r0teiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry if this has been asked and answered, but how do the marshmallow compare to the e2's in sound? i know the e2cs are over triple the price, but there has been a lot of praise for these jvcs.

the e2cs also isolate better than the jvcs right?

thanks

The E2Cs definitely isolate better and has a load more detail and instrument separation but I still prefer the JVCs with the E2 foam. The E2 has a lot of bass like the JVC and it is somewhat controlled too but I feel that the E2's sound is very unnatural, very colored. The JVC is much more balanced and is just acceptable to me. The E2s are better in a lot of ways but just doesn't work for me.

Dec 20, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #323 of 414
How exactly do you wear these or other canalphones/IEM's? The Marshmallows are my first pair of canalphones. I've always been using the stock earbuds provided with my Sansa e280

I've been reading through this topic and have come to this conclusion: You first squeeze the black foam part together and then stick them into your ear where they expand?

The thing is, that after I squeeze, they don't stick together and expand right away. I can't put them into my ears before they've already expanded

So far, I've just been sticking them into my ears like normal earbuds. This seems to work fine. I try to push in them as much as possible and re-position them in a way so that the bottom part (where the wire sticks out) is towards my earlobe instead of straight down

Also, I've tried wearing them Shure style? (upside down). The thing is that the wires that go over my ear are very loose and move off my ear frequently when I move around. I've solved this by pulling the cable cinch upward, to tighten the wire. But this looks dumb and is sort of uncomfortable

Also, a user said to not use a Custom EQ with these earphones? Why is that?

Dec 20, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #324 of 414
Ugh, I listen to mainly rock, and when there's a hard guitar riffs and hard drumming, it gets so muddy that it's unbearable for me.

However, when there isn't much going on in the music, like purely vocals or purely strumming/plucking an acoustic guitar, it sounds nice enough.

But I want something that I can head bang to with joy. I can head bang to these, but it's so muddy that my ears are bleeding.

Dec 20, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #325 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie_Musician /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With good recordings my EX90s can sound very airy - much more than my UM2's - but still perfer UM2's.

Because the EX90LP is basically an open earbud. It is the airiest I have heard.

Dec 20, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #326 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh, I listen to mainly rock, and when there's a hard guitar riffs and hard drumming, it gets so muddy that it's unbearable for me.

However, when there isn't much going on in the music, like purely vocals or purely strumming/plucking an acoustic guitar, it sounds nice enough.

But I want something that I can head bang to with joy. I can head bang to these, but it's so muddy that my ears are bleeding.

ok son, CX300s is the answer of your prayers

Dec 20, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #327 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyr0sphere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How exactly do you wear these or other canalphones/IEM's? The Marshmallows are my first pair of canalphones. I've always been using the stock earbuds provided with my Sansa e280

I've been reading through this topic and have come to this conclusion: You first squeeze the black foam part together and then stick them into your ear where they expand?

The thing is, that after I squeeze, they don't stick together and expand right away. I can't put them into my ears before they've already expanded

So far, I've just been sticking them into my ears like normal earbuds. This seems to work fine. I try to push in them as much as possible and re-position them in a way so that the bottom part (where the wire sticks out) is towards my earlobe instead of straight down

Also, I've tried wearing them Shure style? (upside down). The thing is that the wires that go over my ear are very loose and move off my ear frequently when I move around. I've solved this by pulling the cable cinch upward, to tighten the wire. But this looks dumb and is sort of uncomfortable

Also, a user said to not use a Custom EQ with these earphones? Why is that?

you can try putting them somewhere cold, they expand slower at lower temperatures.Then once they are in your ear, they warm up and expand quicker and larger.

Dec 20, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #328 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok son, CX300s is the answer of your prayers

I had a pair of those but sold them off. For some reason, after getting my AKG K 81 DJ, I couldn't stand listening to those anymore.

Oh well.

Dec 20, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #329 of 414
Dude, my stock Marshmallow tips like, don't expand at all. I just jam them in because if I squeeze the darn things, it'll take about 2 minutes for them to go back to normal. It's winter, so it's fairly cold (we're actually having a fairly mild one so far) but it's Chicago, not the North Pole... Maybe mine are just weird.

Dec 20, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #330 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, my stock Marshmallow tips like, don't expand at all. I just jam them in because if I squeeze the darn things, it'll take about 2 minutes for them to go back to normal. It's winter, so it's fairly cold (we're actually having a fairly mild one so far) but it's Chicago, not the North Pole... Maybe mine are just weird.

LOL !
etysmile.gif
Sorry, that just made me laugh for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back