Faulty Shure SE530PTH earphones out of warranty, anyone in the UK who can fix them?
May 19, 2010 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lusciolan

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

well the title says it all...I have a pair of faulty (left channel sound fading, very low) Shure SE530PTH earphones out of warranty, is there anyone in the UK who can fix them other than Shure UK?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

May 19, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 4
I had something similar and got very high quotes - Shure may not vene do the repair, but will offer a small discount (still cheaper on Amazon etc.).

You may want to look at reshelling - it will cost (UK) just under $140 from Fisher Audio/InEarz in USA, including return shipping.

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 4
I have just had this problem with some E5's. Is it fading or cutting out? Have you look with a loupe to see if there is anything stuck down the pipe? A small piece of plastic was lodged in the tube which was so small I couldn't see it. If it's not that, are the wires all intact? The plastic surrounding my wires had sliced open revealing the metal wires covering the two wires going into the earpiece. If that metal wire break they willl cut in and out and then not at all. You need to reconnect the wire by soldering. Don't know if that helps but mine now work with some careful soldering.

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Is it a cable issue near the strain relief? If it is, if you have a pair of needle-nose pliers, knife, solder you can try to re-cable them yourself to save money. I remember seeing a mini-guide here somewhere and it's totally do-able.

Other options are to keep calling Shure and attempt to get credit for future purchase or something along the lines of that, and re-shelling as mentioned above

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back