FAudio Dark Sky Flagship IEM
Nov 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #106 of 139
My Dark Sky got broken last week. Right ear suddenly had no sound. Still waiting for Andrew to figure out the replacement process so that I don’t have to pay the import tax for it, but man, this is the worst experience I ever had ever since I got into this hobby. Nothing has broken this quick, not even a very cheap pair of IEMs. I hope I just got bad luck and the replacement will be more robust :sob:

Nov 27, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #108 of 139
Nov 30, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #109 of 139
The replacement has arrived from MusicTeck. Luckily I only had to pay very little for the return package. Finger crossed it won’t happen again. Now I need to do some burn-in again :wink:

Nov 30, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #110 of 139
The replacement has arrived from MusicTeck. Luckily I only had to pay very little for the return package. Finger crossed it won’t happen again. Now I need to do some burn-in again :wink:

Good to hear it was resolved! Mine should arrive by Thursday, looking forward to hearing them...

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #112 of 139
Impressions to follow!

20211201_112926.jpg

Dec 1, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #113 of 139
Impressions to follow!

20211201_112926.jpg
Congrats! Maybe a bit of an odd request, but I would like to hear your comparison between the Dark Sky and the Zen/Zen Pro/IER-M9. Thank you very much!

Dec 1, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #114 of 139
Congrats! Maybe a bit of an odd request, but I would like to hear your comparison between the Dark Sky and the Zen/Zen Pro/IER-M9. Thank you very much!

Thank you - I got off to a brief rocky start earlier where I felt treble was leaning harsh, a change of tips solved it - a wonderful honeymoon so far.

ZEN PRO gone as it was a tour unit but I'll try from memory. Happy to compare ZEN and IER-M9, it will be a few days before I can though.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #115 of 139
Over a day now with Dark Sky - this IEM should have much more attention. The timbre, imaging, stage are outstanding... possibly the best I've heard for jazz. I need more time to start comparing with others but they absolutely are complementary to IE900... if I wasn't addicted to trying out various DDs, I could live happy with these two, they serve all my needs in terms of genres.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #116 of 139
Over a day now with Dark Sky - this IEM should have much more attention. The timbre, imaging, stage are outstanding... possibly the best I've heard for jazz. I need more time to start comparing with others but they absolutely are complementary to IE900... if I wasn't addicted to trying out various DDs, I could live happy with these two, they serve all my needs in terms of genres.
Would love to A/B these against my Eden.
Still no graph for Eden anywhere, so we can’t even look at the differences there!

I had a feeling the dark god would compliment the venerable ie900! I’m so happy you’re happy

Btw, how’s the treble extension on dark sky?
Would be curious how it does with classical also, as the turii is still my number 1 single dd for classical

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #117 of 139
Would love to A/B these against my Eden.
Still no graph for Eden anywhere, so we can’t even look at the differences there!

I had a feeling the dark god would compliment the venerable ie900! I’m so happy you’re happy

Btw, how’s the treble extension on dark sky?

Yes Dark Sky really is wonderful, I've been curious about it for a good while now.

Treble extension is very good, doesn't quite reach the same levels as IE900 but it sounds better to my ears for things like cymbals, strings etc - jaw-dropping in fact.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #118 of 139
Yes Dark Sky really is wonderful, I've been curious about it for a good while now.

Treble extension is very good, doesn't quite reach the same levels as IE900 but it sounds better to my ears for things like cymbals, strings etc - jaw-dropping in fact.
It appeared from the graph it would give that extra body to the strings, etc..

The Mest mkII and ie900 graph in a similar trajectory…wondering if you’ve A/B them?

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #119 of 139
It appeared from the graph it would give that extra body to the strings, etc..

The Mest mkII and ie900 graph in a similar trajectory…wondering if you’ve A/B them?

No I've never actually a/b'd them but I can safely say I much prefer IE900 to MEST - they both suffer from a lack of mids for sure but IE900 floors MEST in terms of bass and treble, plus overall engagement.

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #120 of 139
If someone is interesred I decided to part with my DS, it is on classified.
Please shoot me a pm in case, available to trade for cayin c9 and cash on my side.
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back