FAudio Dark Sky Flagship IEM
Oct 13, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #91 of 139
Dark Sky has landed :) big thanks to Andrew from MusicTeck for arranging it quickly!
D25CCEBF-32F6-4229-8262-CA1FCD982623.jpeg

Initial impression: definitely a step up in the bass and technicality departments from my Final B3. Whether it’s a step in the right direction, (burn-in) time will tell.

I’m having a love-hate relationship with the cable. While it’s very soft and well made, the pre-curved ear guide is pretty “hard”, it rotates the shells upward, making them hit my ear’s crus of helix (or the thin part sticking out above the contra if that makes sense). After a while, it’s very uncomfortable. Do you have a way to make the ear guide softer?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #92 of 139
1697ti should be even better than 1677ss on mids highs, but different presentation, quieter and fort sure not bassier as 1677ss or 1657cu

Oct 13, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #93 of 139
Dark Sky has landed :) big thanks to Andrew from MusicTeck for arranging it quickly!
Initial impression: definitely a step up in the bass and technicality departments from my Final B3. Whether it’s a step in the right direction, (burn-in) time will tell.

I’m having a love-hate relationship with the cable. While it’s very soft and well made, the pre-curved ear guide is pretty “hard”, it rotates the shells upward, making them hit my ear’s crus of helix (or the thin part sticking out above the contra if that makes sense). After a while, it’s very uncomfortable. Do you have a way to make the ear guide softer?
Andrew has the best shipping service ever had in my life with overseas purchases.

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #94 of 139

You could remove them and then wrap the cable around your ears.

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #96 of 139
Do any owners already sell them? :sunglasses:
If I cannot find a way to fit them in my ears by the end of this week, probably yes… :sob:

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #97 of 139

I know it sucks considering a brand new purchase but if they are so good why not juste swap the cable ?

Oct 14, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #98 of 139
I know it sucks considering a brand new purchase but if they are so good why not juste swap the cable ?
Unfortunately, I don’t have any 2-pin cable other than the crappy one from Moondrop SSR. If I were to purchase one, I would definitely go for the Dunu Blanche, which would cost me at least 300$ more. Selling it seems to be a more cost-effective solution, but I really like this one…

Oct 14, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #100 of 139
Selling the DS? you would would probably lose the price of an equivalent cable no? so I would go for the an additional expense in a very good cable you could keep ..
Well, seems like I found a way to bend the cable the way I want. We’ll see :)

Oct 17, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #101 of 139
Finally I was able to get a good fit with the Dark Sky’s cable. Now it’s definitely a keeper! After about 80 hours of burn-in, the soundstage became wider, bass got tighter. This is definitely my endgame IEM until I gather enough fund to move to the upper segment 😂

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #102 of 139
Hey guys, I have shared some thoughts on the Dark Sky.

DSCF0782_resize.jpg

Would be great if I could make some comparisons for the review. Does anyone have a recommendation on where I can try the Sennheiser IE900 in Vienna? Here in Hungary, there is no store having it available for demo.

Oct 23, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #103 of 139
excellent review

Nov 8, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #104 of 139

I remove all the ear guides from my cables. I hate all of them.
You only need a little scissors, and you can do it easily in a couple of minutes.

Nov 8, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #105 of 139
I remove all the ear guides from my cables. I hate all of them.
You only need a little scissors, and you can do it easily in a couple of minutes.
Thanks, but it’s all good now. I bent them using some diy formwork, leave the cable there for a few days and now they got the shape that I want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back